The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

We won't get out of this group.
Original post by Mackay

why do you say that? would say that you guys have a better chance at getting out of your group then city right now
Reply 5202
Original post by Zerforax
So even if Basel beat Real Madrid, so long as we beat Ludo and Basel (the latter by more than 1 goal) - we go through on the head to head?

Pretty sure that's right. But given that Real are already through I'd rather have them beat Basel as well.
Original post by fallen_acorns
why do you say that? would say that you guys have a better chance at getting out of your group then city right now

Can't see us beating Ludogorets away, let alone Basel at home by two goals.
Original post by Mackay
Can't see us beating Ludogorets away, let alone Basel at home by two goals.

fair enough - though you only have to draw with ludo, which I do believe you can do.. and then beat basel by any score,
You guys will beat Ludo but no chance against Basel imo. Hopefully you guys finish in the Europa league spot! :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay

We completely should be able to, but you're probably right.

When is Sturridge back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
You guys will beat Ludo but no chance against Basel imo. Hopefully you guys finish in the Europa league spot! :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basel game is at Anfield so we have every chance. Sturridge will be back by then to provide some goals provided he doesn't get injured again.
Original post by samir12
Basel game is at Anfield so we have every chance. Sturridge will be back by then to provide some goals provided he doesn't get injured again.

I highly doubt he'd come back from a long lay off and start firing straight away. You may be disappointed when he returns and you guys still fail to put in performances and get results in his first few games back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I highly doubt he'd come back from a long lay off and start firing straight away. You may be disappointed when he returns and you guys still fail to put in performances and get results in his first few games back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The game is in December so assuming Sturridge comes back straight after international break, that will give him like 4/5 games to get back to fitness. He should be fine by then, Rodgers seems to be able to get our second team putting in performances, I reckon it won't be long till our first team starts putting in performances too. He may not score goals but he will still provide that movement to create space for Sterling and Coutinho.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
The game is in December so assuming Sturridge comes back straight after international break, that will give him like 4/5 games to get back to fitness. He should be fine by then, Rodgers seems to be able to get our second team putting in performances, I reckon it won't be long till our first team starts putting in performances too. He may not score goals but he will still provide that movement to create space for Sterling and Coutinho.

Ah i see. Ive read somewhere he was going to return early december so i based my opinion on that.

I can see Liverpool firing for the second half of the season but your defence is going to let you down imo. Amazing how the second team is outperforming the first team,they seemed to show so much more hunger and desire. Its a shame you're facing Chelsea this week because if you faced a lower side (then again every side is difficult in the PL), you could have built momentum.

So far its been stop and start from Liverpool and United as well as Arsenal stuttering here and there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah i see. Ive read somewhere he was going to return early december so i based my opinion on that.

I can see Liverpool firing for the second half of the season but your defence is going to let you down imo. Amazing how the second team is outperforming the first team,they seemed to show so much more hunger and desire. Its a shame you're facing Chelsea this week because if you faced a lower side (then again every side is difficult in the PL), you could have built momentum.

So far its been stop and start from Liverpool and United as well as Arsenal stuttering here and there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, the Chelsea game couldn't have come at a better time, the players need a kick up the ass and know that they have to perform. If it was against a lower side, complacency would just creep in and its the Newcastle game all over again...

Sturridge had a late fitness test for the Madrid game, that suggests he's not far off from returning.
Original post by samir12
Tbh, the Chelsea game couldn't have come at a better time, the players need a kick up the ass and know that they have to perform. If it was against a lower side, complacency would just creep in and its the Newcastle game all over again...

Sturridge had a late fitness test for the Madrid game, that suggests he's not far off from returning.

Yeah but if you look on the other side, Chelsea could really embarrass you guys and surely that'll really hurt moral and confidence?

I guess that means he'll be back in under 2 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't matter, he will get injured again soon enough. Liverpool played well last night, but no matter how well we played, Madrid would have beaten us if they had to.
Yeah but if you look on the other side, Chelsea could really embarrass you guys and surely that'll really hurt moral and confidence?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kolo will have Costa in his pocket :wink:
Shut up about this Kolo Toure performance. They played a deep back line against a side who weren't even out of 2nd gear.

Didn't he **** up for the goal anyway?
Original post by stroodledum
Doesn't matter, he will get injured again soon enough. Liverpool played well last night, but no matter how well we played, Madrid would have beaten us if they had to.

Exactly.
Madrid had so many chances and their finishing was terrible.
We only lost 1-0 but on another day it could've been 8-0.

However the fact is that our B team only lost by a single goal away to the European champions.
I was hoping that a beating wouldn't destroy our morale, but that result certainly won't hurt us psychologically.

What I'm worried about though is our first team performances.
We'll be playing a full strength side against Chelsea but that side has given us some of the worst performances we've seen for years.
I'd definitely take a draw.
first team performances aren't the problem. I'm telling you Balotelli is the problem. Rodgers relies on a hard working team, keeping possession and getting the ball back as soon as possible when you lose it, hard work starts from the front men.

Balotelli offers absolutely fek all, moans at other players and hardly runs. I'm 100% convinced that if Balotelli starts we will lose. If he doesn't, we have a chance.

No idea why Rodgers continues to have faith.
If he starts Balotelli upfront alone, then we have no chance of getting something from the game.
Original post by Bubzeh
Shut up about this Kolo Toure performance. They played a deep back line against a side who weren't even out of 2nd gear.

Didn't he **** up for the goal anyway?

No Manquilo messed up for the goal in trying to close down when Marcelo was in space.

If Toure touched that ball only thing he'd have changed would have been the goalscorer.

Quick Reply

Latest