The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

ooh timewarp so close! :biggrin:
To those taking bbt, does it stay low during period? I've been getting 35.9 - 36.2 for 3 days and I've been spotting. Today however it's gone up a bit (36.5) and spotting is pretty much non existent.
(Sorry for TMI)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Melancholy
Simon is a good name.

Never heard of it. Is it foreign?
Original post by Kater Murr
Wow, you are so close now! What is the scan for? At 36 weeks your baby is just about done anyway! Do you have a name picked out?

They were worried about her growth because I'd had about 4 weeks of the same FH measurement, but she is measuring spot on at is estimated to be 5lb12oz! Only problem is she is definitely breech, got another scan on monday and if she has not turned they will schedule a section apparently.

No name yet!

Any luck with getting him to sleep off you yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
sorry donut I have no idea.

totally off topic but I have pityriasis rosea right now and it's making me miserable. I think my neck is infected.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10658997_612484035545095_3946207234231864651_o.jpg

I was in so much pain this morning that I couldn't even wear a top, my entire torso just itched and my neck was so SO sore. Of course, the fact that I was topless just meant that Nathan decided it was a breastmilk all-you-can-eat buffet!
And I thought he was starting to self-wean because he generally only has breastmilk before bed, but apparently he still is interested in feeding. I guess it's just that usually I'm not wandering around the house topless!
He's coming up to 16 months. I don't plan particularly to go past 18 months with feeding him because to be honest I'm getting fed up of it. He digs his fingers into my armpit a lot and it's damned irritating.
I suppose I should cherish it whilst he still feeds from me though. I'll probably miss it when he stops (though not the armpit digging!)
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
They were worried about her growth because I'd had about 4 weeks of the same FH measurement, but she is measuring spot on at is estimated to be 5lb12oz! Only problem is she is definitely breech, got another scan on monday and if she has not turned they will schedule a section apparently.

No name yet!

Any luck with getting him to sleep off you yet?

Lol, not really no! He wakes up as soon as he's put down :frown:

Started expressing from the right breast instead of feeding to try and speed up healing since they just aren't getting better at the moment - will switch and express from the left one once this is better. They've had about 24 hours off and still no change really...
So the right one is slowly getting better but I'm having to express like crazy to take off enough - it's so tiring! Still got a good way to go to get it fully healed and then got to switch to the other one...

We're sleeping a bit better because for the moment we're settling for cosleeping. We've arranged my side of the bed so there's a space for him, with no pillows or duvet and the cot pushed up against it so he can't roll out. Much better for everyone and I just nurse him to sleep on my side.
Anyone here had spotting before a bfp?

I thought I've got my period a week ago but so far only spotting for few hours a day. Today has been a bit heavier and since I got nothing but negative on tests I thought it was my period but only lasted a couple of hours followed by bad stomach cramps and back pain. On two minds whether to call the emergency GP tomorrow.

Also had pms/pregnancy signs for past 2 weeks.

Anyone had this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Personally no, but implantation spotting is far from uncommon. Fingers x-ed for you x
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Personally no, but implantation spotting is far from uncommon. Fingers x-ed for you x

Does it last more than a week? :eek:

And Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
Does it last more than a week? :eek:

And Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry I don't know. Google? x
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'm sorry I don't know. Google? x

Not very clear :frown:

Probably would go to the doctor tomorrow as the pain is quite bad so hopefully would get some answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm probably being silly but I took the test this morning. And a very faint and shadowy line appeared in the test space and I took a photo of it but it disappeared within 5 mins. I'm very late and as some of you may know I was in hospital for 2 days and during that time they confirmed the bleeding I was getting was definitely not my period as the lining of my uterus is very thick. Apparently I ovulated but they can't say when exactly. Blood test came back negative. Also they said I have PCOS.

I'm attaching the photo here and it's a long shot (my husband spent a good 10 mins looking and enhancing the photo) but let me know if you see a line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm probably being silly but I took the test this morning. And a very faint and shadowy line appeared in the test space and I took a photo of it but it disappeared within 5 mins. I'm very late and as some of you may know I was in hospital for 2 days and during that time they confirmed the bleeding I was getting was definitely not my period as the lining of my uterus is very thick. Apparently I ovulated but they can't say when exactly. Blood test came back negative. Also they said I have PCOS.

I'm attaching the photo here and it's a long shot (my husband spent a good 10 mins looking and enhancing the photo) but let me know if you see a line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can see something. It could be a positive test or could be an evaporation line. The best thing to do is retest in two days with a first morning urine. If it is positive it will be a stronger line then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randdom
I can see something. It could be a positive test or could be an evaporation line. The best thing to do is retest in two days with a first morning urine. If it is positive it will be a stronger line then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! First person to say that! I looked at evaporation line and they said it appears after the time limit. Don't know much about it as don't know a lot about hpt :colondollar: This appeared soon after the control line but disappeared after 5 mins just as I took the photo. Definitely will retest towards end of week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay! First person to say that! I looked at evaporation line and they said it appears after the time limit. Don't know much about it as don't know a lot about hpt :colondollar: This appeared soon after the control line but disappeared after 5 mins just as I took the photo. Definitely will retest towards end of week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon it's a positive - as you say, evap lines tend to come on later and then hang around. Test again in a few days and let us know!
Original post by Kater Murr
I reckon it's a positive - as you say, evap lines tend to come on later and then hang around. Test again in a few days and let us know!

I really hope so and I will. Hopefully I'll have better test by weekend.

Edit: just asked a friend and sister and they both said there's something there but blurry. *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I've enhanced the image a little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've enhanced the image a little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I deffinately think theres a little something there, i know its hard not to, but try not to get your hopes up :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I deffinately think theres a little something there, i know its hard not to, but try not to get your hopes up :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trying not to as it will be heart breaking if I'm not. But just in case I'm making sure tonight's steak is well done.
:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest