The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nellybelly29
You have strong qualifications, I would be surprised if you don't get an offer. Good luck!

Wow, thanks! I certainly hope luck is on my side! :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Just been made an AAA offer for Geography Bsc! I'm so happy :')
Reply 262
Original post by VentLife
Just been made an AAA offer for Geography Bsc! I'm so happy :')

Well done! What are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone been invited to the online engineering tour thing? Not entirely sure what it's all about
Original post by l1n9k97
Well done! What are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! A*A*AB, plus an A* in EPQ and an A* in General Studies. Really wasn't expecting an offer because of my AS grades!
Reply 265
Thank you! A*A*AB, plus an A* in EPQ and an A* in General Studies. Really wasn't expecting an offer because of my AS grades!

I am so jealous ahaha! hoping to send my application off to edinburgh by next week for geography and business! Awh, what are your AS grades? ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got a BBB offer and for what subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by l1n9k97
I am so jealous ahaha! hoping to send my application off to edinburgh by next week for geography and business! Awh, what are your AS grades? ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll get an offer too. It's complicated but AAABCD (I took one early (B)). I basically got As in all modules but three, which caused my grades to go down and I wrote that on my UCAS form, so hopefully that helped my case :smile:
Reply 268
I'm sure you'll get an offer too. It's complicated but AAABCD (I took one early (B)). I basically got As in all modules but three, which caused my grades to go down and I wrote that on my UCAS form, so hopefully that helped my case :smile:

Fingers crossed!!!! It's my first choice! 🙌 oh that's annoying that those modules brought your grades down! Still such good grades though! 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Anyone been invited to the online engineering tour thing? Not entirely sure what it's all about

No :'( ...

Although I did only send my application on Tuesday :P
What type of engineering are you applying for???
(I'm applying for MEng Mechanical Engineering and MEng Electrical and Mechanical)
Original post by l1n9k97
Fingers crossed!!!! It's my first choice! ������ oh that's annoying that those modules brought your grades down! Still such good grades though! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw I hope you get it then! Yeah i know right haha and thank you :smile:

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group set up yet for applicants with offers for this cycle?
Original post by Coralight
No :'( ...

Although I did only send my application on Tuesday :P
What type of engineering are you applying for???
(I'm applying for MEng Mechanical Engineering and MEng Electrical and Mechanical)

I sent mine off a while ago and got my offer two weeks ago so I'm not sure if it's a post offer thing or not?
I'm MEng Chemical Engineering :smile: So have you applied to two courses at Edinburgh?
I sent mine off a while ago and got my offer two weeks ago so I'm not sure if it's a post offer thing or not?
I'm MEng Chemical Engineering :smile: So have you applied to two courses at Edinburgh?

Yeah, two courses :smile:

If you don't mind me asking... what did you get in your exams?
I'm a Scottish Student and Got AAAAB in my Higher and am predicted AAA in my Advanced Highers :smile:
Just sent off my application! Applying for Law and Politics. Anyone else applying for this/a related course?😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, two courses :smile:

If you don't mind me asking... what did you get in your exams?
I'm a Scottish Student and Got AAAAB in my Higher and am predicted AAA in my Advanced Highers :smile:

I'm doing A Levels, got AAAB at AS and predicted A*A*A and an A in AS Further Maths :smile:
I think I've got my offer quite early because I'm deferred entry
Original post by laurenmhari
Just sent off my application! Applying for Law and Politics. Anyone else applying for this/a related course?������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for international relations, but I'm planning on taking law or politics modules if I'm able:smile:
Original post by nellybelly29
I applied for international relations, but I'm planning on taking law or politics modules if I'm able:smile:

Sounds great! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing A Levels, got AAAB at AS and predicted A*A*A and an A in AS Further Maths :smile:
I think I've got my offer quite early because I'm deferred entry

Nice qualifications! I'm going for direct entry (only to first year haha) :smile:
Nice qualifications! I'm going for direct entry (only to first year haha) :smile:

One of the tutors for Chem Eng mentioned on the tour that if you applied for first year entry, firmed Edinburgh and then met the requirements for second year entry that you could swap when you arrive, so I'm considering doing that if I end up firming Edinburgh and getting A*AA.
I would be very pleased if I got my predictions, but with the curveball exams this year I can only imagine it will be more difficult than usual to get A*s next year.
One of the tutors for Chem Eng mentioned on the tour that if you applied for first year entry, firmed Edinburgh and then met the requirements for second year entry that you could swap when you arrive, so I'm considering doing that if I end up firming Edinburgh and getting A*AA.
I would be very pleased if I got my predictions, but with the curveball exams this year I can only imagine it will be more difficult than usual to get A*s next year.

That sucks :/ Wish you the best of luck though! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest