The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peachy23
Yes! I was literally looking at his videos last night :smile:

Are you joining/have joined his "A* Club"? Idk whether to or not because I'm using a different exam board to him (AQA) for language but he does the same one for literature (AQA) but it costs quite a bit of money... and 6/10 of the "A*" videos will be completely irrelevant to me so idk
Original post by Trihawk7
Are you joining/have joined his "A* Club"? Idk whether to or not because I'm using a different exam board to him (AQA) for language but he does the same one for literature (AQA) but it costs quite a bit of money... and 6/10 of the "A*" videos will be completely irrelevant to me so idk

I haven't actually heard of this club :/ what exam board is he using? How much does it cost? :smile:
Don't like Mr. Bruff. Loads of his predictions have been wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't actually heard of this club :/ what exam board is he using? How much does it cost? :smile:

Idk it was in his first mail Monday I think, I just started watching a ton of his videos all of a sudden again... I'll PM you what he sent me

Original post by Obiejess
Don't like Mr. Bruff. Loads of his predictions have been wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well idk, I'll need to research more...
(edited 9 years ago)
Idk it was in his first mail Monday I think, I just started watching a ton of his videos all of a sudden again... I'll PM you what he sent me

Well idk, I'll need to research more...

Please can you pm me too about the club :colondollar::smile:
Original post by Obiejess
History
Chemistry
Maths
Biology

Think NatSci or Law, maybe even History? Really not sure anymore :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm choosing those a-levels except maths. That sounds really interesting! I love history but I want to go into medicine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2326
Posted from TSR Mobile

'Mock of a mock ' is how my year are referring to these pointless surprise exams that have been thrown in too early before the originally planned January mocks :biggrin:
Original post by turn-to-page394
Resilience week..? :confused: That sounds odd but yeah, must be fun...? :biggrin:

My week was off to an amazing start with geography test first thing... :P But it was fine otherwise. Yeah. :biggrin:

They basically spend the week telling us that if we can't handle the bad stuff in life we're all going to fail...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2328
Sounds really positive!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2329
Sorry :cry2:

:wink:

Ah don't cry... (god this cheese is too much for me. I have such a ridiculously low cheese threshold...)

:biggrin: How was your day?

Original post by EleanorK9
Oh I didn't either! I probably should've added that in!
I thought I was doing the exam today actually, but I was told that apparently I wasn't supposed to be because I'm not going to do well enough (my coursework is an A) in order to get a B overall? Basically, long story short- I raged a bit! So now I'm retaking in June

:biggrin: Oh that's good! Better than now I guess. :smile:

Haha well I guess it's not the fact that I can't stand it...it's more of the fact that I am rubbish at all the questions I've practiced on it and therefore I hate it :P

I think we're doing The Merchant of Venice l :smile:

Those books sound more interesting than my cliché love ones! ._. But don't hate on the book! It will make you hate answering the questions and it'll become a vicious circle... So yeah, enjoy the book and the question answering technique will get better with time. :smile: I'm sure you'll be fine. :proud:

Original post by Echo98
Posted from TSR Mobile

'Mock of a mock ' is how my year are referring to these pointless surprise exams that have been thrown in too early before the originally planned January mocks :biggrin:

Got to keep you on your feet. :biggrin: :dontknow:

Original post by SampleX
They basically spend the week telling us that if we can't handle the bad stuff in life we're all going to fail...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Optimism is the way to go. :top:

EDIT: Lol, this is a long post.... :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry i'm a bit late in joining in here!

Hi! My name's Jacob, and i'm 15 years old, and obviously, in year 11, but no so obviously, from London, although my father is from Northern Ireland. I'm currently taking Maths, Additional Science (having already secured an A in Core Science), English Literature, English Language, Business Studies, ICT, Religious Studies, Media Studies, and French. I'm also doing a Philosophy and Ethics AS Level, but if I get my first choice of sixth form I won't be able to continue it. After year 11 i'm hoping to go to sixth form. My first one is a boarding school just outside of London, which I cannot decide my last A level for, and my second choice is the sixth form at my current school. I'm interested in scouting, Japanese, Japan, Canada, listening to my music almost obnoxiously loud, reading, and gaming on my PC. As for my feelings on going into year 11, well, i'd say I've got mixed feelings. My sister is 9 school years above me, and therefore has gone through her GCSEs, A-Levels, and University degree, so I have her to talk to.
Original post by gogojakeo
Sorry i'm a bit late in joining in here!

Hi! My name's Jacob, and i'm 15 years old, and obviously, in year 11, but no so obviously, from London, although my father is from Northern Ireland. I'm currently taking Maths, Additional Science (having already secured an A in Core Science), English Literature, English Language, Business Studies, ICT, Religious Studies, Media Studies, and French. I'm also doing a Philosophy and Ethics AS Level, but if I get my first choice of sixth form I won't be able to continue it. After year 11 i'm hoping to go to sixth form. My first one is a boarding school just outside of London, which I cannot decide my last A level for, and my second choice is the sixth form at my current school. I'm interested in scouting, Japanese, Japan, Canada, listening to my music almost obnoxiously loud, reading, and gaming on my PC. As for my feelings on going into year 11, well, i'd say I've got mixed feelings. My sister is 9 school years above me, and therefore has gone through her GCSEs, A-Levels, and University degree, so I have her to talk to.

Hi! And welcome :biggrin: (Actually who knows, you might be in year 12 or 10 or whatever, there aren't set rules which year's forums you post in... :wink: ) How's business and media? They don't offer it at my school. :biggrin:

haha, what books do you enjoy reading? :smile: And why Japan and Canada out of curiosity...?

oooh, must be useful having someone who can give you all the information first hand!
I got an A on my chemistry ISA, but only a low A so I have to retake because I want an A* overall :frown: so annoyed with myself! I really hope this isn't the same situation with my biology, as I've already got enough to be getting on with without having to retake all these practicals at lunchtime :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394
Ah don't cry... (god this cheese is too much for me. I have such a ridiculously low cheese threshold...)

EDIT: Lol, this is a long post.... :colondollar:

I can read cheese easily but watching it in movies or real life really is low for me

Mine was fine :smile: you?
Anyone here interested in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery too?
Original post by Jitesh
Anyone here interested in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery too?

In having maxillofacial surgery next year if that counts 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
In having maxillofacial surgery next year if that counts ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess? I meant as a career though :smile::smile:

---
Advantages of Private Sixth Form vs State?
I think I will be applying for a Private Sixth Form, although my State one is very local and my friends will be there still.
Is anyone here doing Cambridge IGCSE English? Sorry haha, feeling like I'm butting in :P

I am! I saw your other post though and I'm not reading Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Two English classes in my year read it but my class read a book called I'm the King of the Castle. What other book did you read? We read An Inspector Calls in Year 10 :smile:
I can read cheese easily but watching it in movies or real life really is low for me

Mine was fine :smile: you?

Ah, that's worse. :ahhhhh: I literally can't even watch it if it comes up... Make a weird penguin squeal noise and die under the sofa... :biggrin:

So so. Was ultra productive (for me) in terms of homework which was good. :biggrin:

Latest