Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarah.97
Warwick
Queen Mary of London (offer)
Nottingham
Leeds (offer)
Manchester (offer)

Where did you apply?

I am still writing my first draft(Personal statement).I've delayed it a bit.Doing research work for PS etc.I've produced a short list.UCL,KCL,Bristol,Manchester and I've got to add one more.Still looking at other unis too
Original post by sr-96
Anyone got the 8 week email from lse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not yet, when did you apply? :smile:
Offer from Nottingham!! Conditional AAA - even though I don't meet the criteria for the contextual offer???

muhahaha not complaining
Original post by danialani_
Offer from Nottingham!! Conditional AAA - even though I don't meet the criteria for the contextual offer???

muhahaha not complaining

Congratulations!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1124
Original post by sarah.97
Thank you and good luck, I got
A economics
A politics
B maths (5 ums from an A)
C history

What about you ?

Well done!
A economics
B maths
B chemistry
B psychology
So hopefully I'll get an offer if all goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Congratulations!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Dr Jam
Well done!
A economics
B maths
B chemistry
B psychology
So hopefully I'll get an offer if all goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are brothers :biggrin:
Got the same grades as you!lol!
Original post by SSpringer20
I know I am not supposed to ask here but as most of you are applying to do economics at university could you please help me?
I want to do an economics degree in the future and I'm set on doing the following A-levels: Maths, F.Maths, Economics and Geography. I want to know If History would be better than geography and Is history more desirable than geography for an economics degree?

Thanks in advance.

I do Maths, f.maths, economics and geography and would recommend doing geography. The human side of the course actually links in quite well with economics. However I think either would be fine:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSpringer20
I know I am not supposed to ask here but as most of you are applying to do economics at university could you please help me?
I want to do an economics degree in the future and I'm set on doing the following A-levels: Maths, F.Maths, Economics and Geography. I want to know If History would be better than geography and Is history more desirable than geography for an economics degree?

Thanks in advance.

i did all 5 at AS and got A in both (7% higher UMS in geog). IMO history is much better regarded due to transferable skills and complexity of it. AS geography was a walk in the park. Even now I believe AS history was harder than A2 geog. Saying that AS history is definitely bearable, but don't do it for A2. I picked the easy option and dropped history for A2 but its not like it helps me become a better Econ applicant. Basically either take History and drop for A2 or just do Geog.
Original post by Johnpeters
i did all 5 at AS and got A in boith (7% higher UMS in geog). IMO history is much better regarded due to transferable skills and complexity of it. AS geography was a walk in the park. Even now I believe AS history was harder than A2 geog. Saying that AS history is definitely bearable, but don't do it for A2. I picked the easy option and dropped history for A2 but its not like it helps me become a better Econ applicant. Basically either take History and drop for A2 or just do Geog.

Thanks for the advise! I am definatelly keeping the on I choose for A2 and dropping further maths. If you don't mind me asking, what uni do you go to or plan on applying to and what did you get for your GCSE's. Many thanks :smile:
Got an offer from Bristol for econ A*AA incl maths and econ
Original post by raymondrayz
Got an offer from Bristol for econ A*AA incl maths and econ

What were your GCSE grades and AS level grades like?
Well done! :biggrin:
I might apply there too
Original post by Skill Twix
What were your GCSE grades and AS level grades like?
Well done! :biggrin:
I might apply there too

GCSE's :
5A*s, 4A's, 3B's

AS levels:
Maths A
Economics A
Biology A
Chemistry B
General Studies A

What about yours? And where else are you considering?
GCSE's :
5A*s, 4A's, 3B's

AS levels:
Maths A
Economics A
Biology A
Chemistry B
General Studies A

What about yours? And where else are you considering?

Well GCSES:5A'S 3 B's and a D.
AS levels:Maths B
Economics A
ICT B
Physics B
Looking at Manchester,UCL,Warwick,Bath,Leeds,Birmingham and some more(this is just a shortlist)
Where else did you apply?
Original post by Wahrheit
Well done! I haven't even my them the evidence of my UMS yet :0

When did they ask you to send them evidence of your UMS? :/
Well GCSES:5A'S 3 B's and a D.
AS levels:Maths B
Economics A
ICT B
Physics B
Looking at Manchester,UCL,Warwick,Bath,Leeds,Birmingham and some more(this is just a shortlist)
Where else did you apply?

I'd recommend Leeds, have a friend who goes their and he says it's absolutely amazing!

I went for the risky route and went for Cambridge, LSE, Bristol, Warwick and UCL
Original post by oreoenthusiast
When did they ask you to send them evidence of your UMS? :/

The same email which acknowledged my application, might be because I'm a post a level candidate? I dunno
I'd recommend Leeds, have a friend who goes their and he says it's absolutely amazing!

I went for the risky route and went for Cambridge, LSE, Bristol, Warwick and UCL

But Leeds is a campus uni.I want my uni to be in the middle of the city.Will still apply there.Ah good luck :biggrin:
Risky move I'd say!
But Leeds is a campus uni.I want my uni to be in the middle of the city.Will still apply there.Ah good luck :biggrin:
Risky move I'd say!

I'd say UCL or Manchester then, also Birmingham is like 10 mins away from the city by train. Good luck with your decisions
Reply 1139
Got the lower conditional offer from nottingham AAA!

Quick Reply