The Student Room Group

pgce

I am currently in my final year of uni studying travel and tourism management. I am looking to progress on to do a PGCE after and can find no information what so ever. I live in Northern Ireland but am currently studying in Newcastle. All the PGCE's ive looked at through UCAS are all subject related such as PGCE in maths, english etc. My previous tutor said I should be doing a pgce in education rather than a specific subject. Anyone any ideas about how I can do this im looking to teach T&T and obviously at secondary level
I think it's a Leisure and Tourism PGCE you're looking for. A simple Google search reveals some Unis that do it: http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/courses/prospectus/pgce/courses/14-19-PGCE-leisure-and-tourism.asp

If you want to do specifically Travel and Tourism, you'd do a PGCE in post compulsory education for the 16+ age group: http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/course.asp?code=PC011P01UVD#.VFs9yElFD4g
Depends if you are looking at primary or secondary. If you are looking at secondary, there aren't any 'general education' degrees.
Original post by Kirstygordon1992
I am currently in my final year of uni studying travel and tourism management. I am looking to progress on to do a PGCE after and can find no information what so ever. I live in Northern Ireland but am currently studying in Newcastle. All the PGCE's ive looked at through UCAS are all subject related such as PGCE in maths, english etc. My previous tutor said I should be doing a pgce in education rather than a specific subject. Anyone any ideas about how I can do this im looking to teach T&T and obviously at secondary level

Others have given you the links you need to the courses so you've got that info. However, I would recommend that you get experience in both secondary and primary schools before you decide which route to go down. Both are very different and both have pros and cons. Obviously, there are not going to be that many jobs teaching Travel and Tourism at secondary level so you need to consider that too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending