The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

so now they have the cut-off do they look at our A-Levels and GCSE scores and rank them? and then the top 600 or so get interviewed regardless of your ukcat as long as it is above the cut off?
What emphasis do they put on AS grades??

Posted from TSR Mobile
After you meet the cut off? And personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
After you meet the cut off? And personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

as far as im aware they dont use ps
I think they'll check if u meet the academic requirements and then call you for interview, and they'll only look at your ps at one of the stations at the MMI.
Does anyone know whether they rank, and take the top eg 60% or do they invite everyone that meet the cut offs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast92
I think they'll check if u meet the academic requirements and then call you for interview, and they'll only look at your ps at one of the stations at the MMI.
Does anyone know whether they rank, and take the top eg 60% or do they invite everyone that meet the cut offs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

on their website it said top 600 applicants so i'm assuming they're going to rank somehow
Original post by blissfully
on their website it said top 600 applicants so i'm assuming they're going to rank somehow

I'm not sure how they could rank, maybe rank the GCSE or they might have a secret scoring system for the academics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay, I meet their cut off :awesome:
Original post by beansontoast92
I'm not sure how they could rank, maybe rank the GCSE or they might have a secret scoring system for the academics

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeha i hope its not GCSEs as i'm only on like 450
yeha i hope its not GCSEs as i'm only on like 450

I just had a look on thier website and it says if u meet the minimum requirements (ie GCSEs, a levels, UKCAT etc), you will be called for interview.
So I'm hoping that's correct atm😖😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
yayay i passed the cutt off :smile: i rang them up and they sed if you have met there cutt off an minimimum academic requirements you will be called for an interview. No mention of top 600? maybe that is how many people made the cutt off?
Original post by chrissy96x
yayay i passed the cutt off :smile: i rang them up and they sed if you have met there cutt off an minimimum academic requirements you will be called for an interview. No mention of top 600? maybe that is how many people made the cutt off?

So hopefully an interview is on its way:smile: !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the UKCAT cut off is based on the top 600. So they rank them by UKCAT and the top 600 or so UKCAT scores get their GCSEs etc assessed to check they meet those cut offs :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Yay, I meet their cut off :awesome:

Me too!!! 😁
Original post by MollyMcFly1
I think the UKCAT cut off is based on the top 600. So they rank them by UKCAT and the top 600 or so UKCAT scores get their GCSEs etc assessed to check they meet those cut offs :smile:

That doesn't sound many. How many applied?
Original post by georgiahinch
That doesn't sound many. How many applied?

Around 1300 if I remember correctly

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think this is right, please provide a source.
There is no way 50% of applicants to a medical school scored less that 630 in the UKCAT

that sounds more correct actually, thanks:smile:
Original post by hukdealz
I don't think this is right, please provide a source.
There is no way 50% of applicants to a medical school scored less that 630 in the UKCAT

http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mbbs5/how-to-apply

UKCAT results released.
Candidates selected for interview on basis of academic criteria and UKCAT thresholds - 500 in each section plus an overall score (to be established upon release of results for the whole applicant cohort essentially top 600 selected for interview).

maybe no way that 50% have less than 630 but maybe that 50% don't have 416+ in gcse or 630 in ukcat or predicted AAA
(edited 9 years ago)
Are people's work experience letters just addressed 'dear sirs'? One of my volunteer placements asked me and micki Reagan hasn't replied :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending