The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

0.04 points? You have got to be kidding me...
Original post by shunter7634

Haha. Sorry, not sorry.
Original post by Malevolent

Even I have to admit...that's pretty funny....:colondollar: Gronk just isn't human.
Original post by shunter7634

I am so happy about this! It mitigates my loss which I incurred because Scott decided to score 130!?!?! Now you're playing me this week and I need to level our H2H at 1-1. May the best team win. Your board is a lot greener than mine yet I win on the projections (all Jordy Nelson and Matt Forte's fault), we'll see on Sunday.

Original post by ..DT..
Haha. Sorry, not sorry.

Thanks. Thankyou very much that 0.04 points wherever it came from is brilliant.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jammy4041
Even I have to admit...that's pretty funny....:colondollar: Gronk just isn't human.

Hes just unbelievable. Im not sure who to credit more Brady or him for the resurgence.
Hes just unbelievable. Im not sure who to credit more Brady or him for the resurgence.

I'd put it into a few things. The improved play of the O-line: specifically pass protection. Even against Denver's pass rush, Brady could have taken a nap in the pocket. That allows receivers to get open, and players like LaFell to get downfield in a hurry. Brady is the same as always...one of the best. The receivers also have the playbook down, allowing Bellichek and Daniels to open it up, and do fancy things. But yes, with Gronk healthy, he can do even more, and Brady and Gronk have such a connection, it's just unreal. Personally, he's even more dangerous in the slot than at TE, because then he has about 5 yards of instant separation, and not many team have a "big nickel" package. He made Chris Harris Jr., one of the league's best look like an amateur.

Mile High Report had a combined roster of Patriots and Broncos, a few days before the game. On the O-line, only Vollmer started, owing to how terrible Paul Cornick and Chris Clark have been. After Sunday especially...I'm not so sure that's the case. The Patriots seemed to have decent-to-good play from their guards.
I am ****ing excited about Wembley! I just hope the Jags stay in touch until the end. Nobody likes a blowout, if Weeden starts I actually think the Jags can win. With Romo it'll be an uphill struggle to beat the handicap.
Original post by Wattsy
I am so happy about this! It mitigates my loss which I incurred because Scott decided to score 130!?!?! Now you're playing me this week and I need to level our H2H at 1-1. May the best team win. Your board is a lot greener than mine yet I win on the projections (all Jordy Nelson and Matt Forte's fault), we'll see on Sunday.

Thanks. Thankyou very much that 0.04 points wherever it came from is brilliant.

:angry::angry::banghead::banghead::facepalm:

1 passing yard. That's like a bad spot. Or Cam Newton not sidearming passes for fun when his team are losing...although I guess this makes up for the game I won with the 2nd worst score in the league.

I'm not optimistic about this week, but we'll see...
I'm now relying on Darren McFadden to put up some good numbers against Denver in this week's match-up. Morris is on a bye :frown:
Original post by Wattsy
I am ****ing excited about Wembley! I just hope the Jags stay in touch until the end. Nobody likes a blowout, if Weeden starts I actually think the Jags can win. With Romo it'll be an uphill struggle to beat the handicap.

If Weeden starts....:frown:. How hard can it be to throw the ball to your all-pro wide receiver? Or even Terrence Williams? Weeden has screwed my fantasy teams over for two weeks now. If Romo is out, the Cowboys can upgrade their quarterback play by getting Jon Kitna, the teacher, in. All this should, of course, highlight to everyone, how necessary, and how taken for granted Tony Romo is, to the Cowboys.

Of course, if Weeden plays, the Jags have a chance. It is a shame the Poz will not be putting on his clinic, as he was injured for the season against Cleveland. Expect lots of running. Dernard Robinson is finally the Jags' no.1 running back, and playing like it...but I doubt the Jags, and I think that they have a good defense btw, will struggle to stop Demarco Murray and the underwear thief.
[video="youtube;sHsBPVV3hU0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsBPVV3hU0[/video]

God this thing is so awkward yet funny... :moon:
Original post by Wattsy

Are you going?
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Are you going?

Yeah!!! I'm sat above one of the endzone TV screens. I'll definitely know if the kick is good or not!

If Weeden starts....:frown:. How hard can it be to throw the ball to your all-pro wide receiver? Or even Terrence Williams? Weeden has screwed my fantasy teams over for two weeks now. If Romo is out, the Cowboys can upgrade their quarterback play by getting Jon Kitna, the teacher, in. All this should, of course, highlight to everyone, how necessary, and how taken for granted Tony Romo is, to the Cowboys.

Of course, if Weeden plays, the Jags have a chance. It is a shame the Poz will not be putting on his clinic, as he was injured for the season against Cleveland. Expect lots of running. Dernard Robinson is finally the Jags' no.1 running back, and playing like it...but I doubt the Jags, and I think that they have a good defense btw, will struggle to stop Demarco Murray and the underwear thief.

Clearly quite a challenge, I have Dez in my other fantasy team and I was just like sweet mother of Jesus will you stop missing him!? Romo practiced today though so maybe he'll play, personally I don't get why the Cowboys would take the risk against the team tied 3rd in sacks in the NFL Sen'Derrick Marks is not the kind of guy you want crashing into your healing back fractures. The other side is that the Jags aren't really that good, Weeden could beat them if the rest of the team plays it's game too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Rumors one of the games next year will be Jets vs Dolphins in London.
Original post by Wattsy
Yeah!!! I'm sat above one of the endzone TV screens. I'll definitely know if the kick is good or not!

I went to the last one, it was incredible, you'll love it - though can see the game being somewhat one sided myself.

Rumors one of the games next year will be Jets vs Dolphins in London.

As much as I'd love that (Jets fan), they'd never play a divisional game in London, especially one with a rivalry such as that.

EDIT: I stand WELL corrected, definitely going :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I went to the last one, it was incredible, you'll love it - though can see the game being somewhat one sided myself.

As much as I'd love that (Jets fan), they'd never play a divisional game in London, especially one with a rivalry such as that.

That's the best game on the list by a mile even with the Jets not really having a QB!

I like the Jags but what the **** would possess anyone who's not a supporter of either team to pay to watch the Bills play the Jags, the Bills best offensive player will be a second year Sammy Watkins (anyone's guess as the the QB that will be playing) and the Jags will have a whole offensive unit of second and third year players. Bortles is putting up Peyton Manning style rookie numbers though, if he got anywhere close to that standard that would be awesome. Both are likely to have pretty mean defenses by the time the game comes around but they just don't have the pulling power of most other teams in the league.

Actually I feel I may have judged the games on the team names rather than the merits of each game, they might well be alright. If the Jets can find a QB then I believe we have a serious ball game.

nfl.com
The Miami Dolphins will play host to the New York Jets in Week 4, on Sunday Oct. 4, the Jacksonville Jaguars will take on the Buffalo Bills in Week 7, on Oct. 25 and the Kansas City Chiefs will be the home team against the Detroit Lions in Week 8, on Nov. 1.

Not going to lie...those games don't really look to appetising. Maybe Lions @ Chiefs at a push....I know the Jags have an agreement...but I can't believe they are bringing the Dolphins and the Lions back again. Let some other team go!!

Bills @ Jaguars could be interesting though. Hopefully the Poz is healthy and ready to put on a clinic. Watkins could be interesting to see live....hopefully the Bills keep Orton.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy

Clearly quite a challenge, I have Dez in my other fantasy team and I was just like sweet mother of Jesus will you stop missing him!?
Romo practiced today though so maybe he'll play, personally I don't get why the Cowboys would take the risk against the team tied 3rd in sacks in the NFL Sen'Derrick Marks is not the kind of guy you want crashing into your healing back fractures. The other side is that the Jags aren't really that good, Weeden could beat them if the rest of the team plays it's game too.

That's exactly how I felt...if Weeden and the Poz was playing...this game isn't even close. Jacksonville have a very good pass rush; their secondary isn't much to write home about, but their pass rush helps them out. I think the main battle is the Cowboys' front seven against Dernard Robinson. I can see Jacksonville making it difficult for Murray and forcing the Dallas QB to throw. If it's Romo...it's probably not close. If it's Weeden...even that Jaguars secondary will get lucky. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time....
Not going to lie...those games don't really look to appetising. Maybe Lions @ Chiefs at a push....I know the Jags have an agreement...but I can't believe they are bringing the Dolphins and the Lions back again. Let some other team go!!

Bills @ Jaguars could be interesting though. Hopefully the Poz is healthy and ready to put on a clinic. Watkins could be interesting to see live....hopefully the Bills keep Orton.

Dunno how the Lions have ended up as an away team two years in a row...seems like a pretty decent deal.
That's exactly how I felt...if Weeden and the Poz was playing...this game isn't even close. Jacksonville have a very good pass rush; their secondary isn't much to write home about, but their pass rush helps them out. I think the main battle is the Cowboys' front seven against Dernard Robinson. I can see Jacksonville making it difficult for Murray and forcing the Dallas QB to throw. If it's Romo...it's probably not close. If it's Weeden...even that Jaguars secondary will get lucky. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time....

I like that Denard is breaking out. He's found his way onto both of my fantasy teams. I can't sit here and say I thought this was going to happen in pre-season. I was on the Toby Gerhart train but as a RBBC unit, him, Denard and Storm Johnson if he's active is a pretty handy unit. I really hope the Jags special teams unit doesn't have a mare either, that could kill the game.

Latest