The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2015 applicants - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
For the most weaken argument question about old school libraries, was the answer Bookshops sales have increased?
Original post by aasvogel
Hey you could be right, just trying to recall my answers/ logic! All I'm glad about is that it's over. :smile:

You were probably right don't worry:rolleyes: and haha same!
12? I drew a makeshift family tree. 8 great-grandparents would usually yield 16 great-greats but you double up twice? That mightn't make sense as an explanation but looked right doing it. :lol:

Were they asking for how many great grandparents or great-great grandparents...?
I think 36 worked out?

Travels 9 kilometres, so that takes her 15 minutes at 36km/hr.
She has now cycled for 45 minutes in total and travelled 24km which equates to an average of 32km/hr?

Interesting... thanks :frown:
Original post by Yii Yann
Were they asking for how many great grandparents or great-great grandparents...?

Great-great. I remember only noticing it on second reading.
Original post by FeelingFear
Yep, I put that :colone:

Mad

Original post by Jayzeee
I put this, would like to verify this though?

Looks like you we were right
Original post by expatkid
I put that too but I wasn't too confident about it though!
Try some more confidence haha!

I think 36 worked out?

Travels 9 kilometres, so that takes her 15 minutes at 36km/hr.
She has now cycled for 45 minutes in total and travelled 24km which equates to an average of 32km/hr?
I also got that and I told my Dad the question (Cambridge grad) and he also got 36. Although substantially faster than me lol.

Original post by Jayzeee
For the most weaken argument question about old school libraries, was the answer Bookshops sales have increased?

That was the answer that I put :smile:
Original post by Jayzeee

Is this the one where they talk about having more modern, "cafe style" reading areas?

If so, I put something about most users of libraries are students who use reference books.
Interesting... thanks :frown:

I apologise if I'm worrying you!
Original post by Jayzeee
B was the answer to 50. For the question where a girl has to get to interview or some place, was she 10 minutes early according to the clock or 10 minutes late?

Also, was the total cost of packaging for the letter and parcel one £3.70? I assumed the parcel was within dimensions 1250cm (just using length and width)

Cheers

I think I remember getting the base price + 3x0.17 for the small one..
And the same for the large one? I think it made something like £3.70?
Original post by Jayzeee

Are you sure it was a most weaken question? I barely remember it, but remember putting the one like 'most people who go to libraries don't borrow books'
Anyone got the answer to the one about losing 7.5 pounds, and the one about temperature in oxford?
Anyone got the answer to the one about losing 7.5 pounds, and the one about temperature in oxford?

I think for him to lost 7.5 pounds he would have to have lost 26,250 calories and since he's walking 260 miles then he needs to burn 26,250/260 calories per mile which is something around 101. I got 2.5 because if he was really fat he could of burned 104 calories per mile at 2.5mph.
Is this the one where they talk about having more modern, "cafe style" reading areas?

If so, I put something about most users of libraries are students who use reference books.

I put that sales of books in bookshops have risen as that would strengthen the argument significantly (since the argument was that people are only not going to libraries not because they don't read books (as evidenced by the sales of books rising) but because libraries are authoritarian and bland or whatever they were saying haha.
Reply 813
Um, the clock was 30 min slower than HER WATCH, no? Maybe I read it wrong. I got E, on time.

To anyone who got those within the time: *bow of admiration*
Original post by Dprince
I think for him to lost 7.5 pounds he would have to have lost 26,250 calories and since he's walking 260 miles then he needs to burn 26,250/260 calories per mile which is something around 101. I got 2.5 because if he was really fat he could of burned 104 calories per mile at 2.5mph.

I was confused by not knowing his starting his weight and then realised he was doing 26 miles every 2 weeks or something like that? Wasn't sure at all. Possibly stuck down C, despite wondering how it couldn't be 2.5.
Reply 816
Original post by Dprince
I put that sales of books in bookshops have risen as that would strengthen the argument significantly (since the argument was that people are only not going to libraries not because they don't read books (as evidenced by the sales of books rising) but because libraries are authoritarian and bland or whatever they were saying haha.

I agree with you on this one but for the losing 7.5 pounds one, he could have been really skinny though? Its the minimum speed he needs to walk no?
Does anyone remember the one about girls and alcohol, or/and the one about violent films?
Reply 818
Does anyone remember the one about girls and alcohol, or/and the one about violent films?

Put alcohol across all age groups has increased - not sure about that one as its possible not the most weakening one.
Anybody can remember any other questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending