The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shaunanoden
I have got an interview for adult nursing at manchester on 19th November...very nervous, good luck everyone

So have I! will see you there :smile:
Original post by blondy2012
we have exactly the same choices except I've got Leeds Beckett rather than Lincoln! Have you heard back from any yet?

I have an interview at manchester on the 19th! Not heard from any of the others yet though :smile:
Reply 282
Original post by SarahLaura
I don't think NVQ's convert into any UCAS points (apart from accountancy) so It's probably up to the University if they accept it or not. I'm not 100% sure but NVQ's aren't listed on the UCAS tarrif table

My certificate says its a btec national certificate graded merit pass along with my other double award graded B,B calculates to 320 ucas points altogether
I've applied for Edge Hill (April and Sept intake) and UClan (March and Sept) I have an interview on 11th November for Edge HIll :smile: But haven't heard a peep from UClan yet
Original post by RJ-21
ive applied to leeds beckett, bradford, leeds uni, huddersfield and manchester,
i only sent my application off last week and ive had 2 unsuccessfull applications so far
i have all my a levels gcse's etc (meets requirements) i have worked in a nursing home alongside nurses for the past 2 + 1/2 years, im just feeling a little crappy because my main choice of uni declined my application for not meeting entry requirements - but when i checked i do meet the requirements on the website!

is their something im doing wrong or what?!?

Hi i have been rejected from both unis in Leeds too! but i got my bradford interview through today :smile: have you heard anything else??
Original post by RJ-21
My certificate says its a btec national certificate graded merit pass along with my other double award graded B,B calculates to 320 ucas points altogether

Ahh right sorry didn't see the Btec bit. Does the double award definitely equate to the 200 points? If it does definitely get in touch with them as it's not fair to reject you based on requirements if you meet them!

Good Luck with you other choices :smile:
Reply 286
Nope my heard anything else yet off of my other options, praying I do get an interview or something though!
Reply 287
Ahh right sorry didn't see the Btec bit. Does the double award definitely equate to the 200 points? If it does definitely get in touch with them as it's not fair to reject you based on requirements if you meet them!

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do but I'll double check just to make sure!

Cheers Sarah good luck to you too! :-)
Original post by tanisharose
I have an interview at manchester on the 19th! Not heard from any of the others yet though :smile:

Ooh so do i! and neither have I, all a waiting game (I'm so impatient! haha) :smile: x
Reply 289

It was a GCSEs double award so I doubt it will make the points up. Do you know how many points it is?
Ooh so do i! and neither have I, all a waiting game (I'm so impatient! haha) :smile: x

Really?? See you there then! So am I hahaha all my friends are getting offers its so frustrating x
I've got an interview at Lincoln for the 1st December:smile: As for the person that has an offer at BCU, when did they tell you this as I really want one there!
Original post by ellieemegan
what date is yours on? I have mine November 14th! I'm pretty nervous about the maths test but in the interview pack they provide the maths test looks really simple :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you receive your interview pack because I haven't received one yet?
Really?? See you there then! So am I hahaha all my friends are getting offers its so frustrating x

You will definitely! Do you know what to expect in the English exam?! Haha i know I was like that last year, i'm on a BTEC course at college now so everyone is in the same boat for me! x
Original post by bethellenx
Hi i have been rejected from both unis in Leeds too! but i got my bradford interview through today :smile: have you heard anything else??

how come you got rejected from the Leeds unis? And what course are you wanting to do? and finally when did you send your application off? Sorry for all the questions x
You will definitely! Do you know what to expect in the English exam?! Haha i know I was like that last year, i'm on a BTEC course at college now so everyone is in the same boat for me! x

I hope so! No not at all, it's only 15 minutes as well :O you can't write a lot in that time x
I hope so! No not at all, it's only 15 minutes as well :O you can't write a lot in that time x

Yeah I can't see it being too bad, especially if we have to choose a topic beforehand as well! Excited though x
Yeah I can't see it being too bad, especially if we have to choose a topic beforehand as well! Excited though x

Me too! Which uni is your first choice?x
Me too! Which uni is your first choice?x

Leeds! But really really want to get in there so i'm so nervous about hearing back! yours? x
Leeds! But really really want to get in there so i'm so nervous about hearing back! yours? x

Leeds is mine as well!!!! I've heard a few people being declined from there too so I'm very nervous too x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending