The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Looks like they're going down in UKCAT order and giving preference with those who have achieved grades
Reply 661
Original post by beansontoast92
Looks like they're going down in UKCAT order and giving preference with those who have achieved grades

Yeah, it seems that way. So I think they are still at the people who are in the 700s.
Original post by JennaK
Yeah, it seems that way. So I think they are still at the people who are in the 700s.

yep, although i have achieved grades, im guessing ill have to wait a while cos of my low UKCAT of 640avg. (just scraped through :/)
Hopefully 697.5 is enough for an interview.. :confused: praying!!!!
Reply 664
yep, although i have achieved grades, im guessing ill have to wait a while cos of my low UKCAT of 640avg. (just scraped through :/)

As long as you've met the cut off, that's all that matters. I think they will interview most who have, tbh.
Original post by JennaK
As long as you've met the cut off, that's all that matters. I think they will interview most who have, tbh.

Yep true, id rather get interviewed soon rather than later hahahah
Reply 666
Yep true, id rather get interviewed soon rather than later hahahah

Same, I would like to get any interviews over and done with by the end of December/early Jan but I know that's a dream
Original post by Medboy100
Hopefully 697.5 is enough for an interview.. :confused: praying!!!!

I think as long as you have met all the academic requirements, you will get interviewed eventually (I presume) because they have really mentioned if they rank people before they invite for interview
Please can somene help me with the work experience letters.
Im really confused as to how much detail they need to write on the letter.

If invited to interview, you will be required to provide references for any formal work experience you have carried out within the last 2 years. This is not a character reference and should only state dates, hours worked and duties undertaken.
Original post by JennaK
Congrats!! When did UCAS send you the notification email, by the way? Also, what are your stats if you don't mind?

Original post by DdosetDaram
Hi, Can you tell me what your stats were please?

UKCAT: 732.5
AS: AAAAA
Pred: A*A*A

Email from SGUL 2 hours ago, email from UCAS confirming my application/on track Oct 3rd.
Original post by Nubian_Queen_97
If invited to interview, you will be required to provide references for any formal work experience you have carried out within the last 2 years. This is not a character reference and should only state dates, hours worked and duties undertaken.

ok thanks so it doesnt need to be detailed and lengthy?
where did this 2550 cut off come from?!

until there has been an official announcement, I call BS
There has been an official confirmation, please check your emails;

Dear applicant

Further to our acknowledgement e-mail, we would like to provide an update about the next stage in the admissions process. We appreciate your patience whilst you have been waiting for further news about your application. As you will be aware, all applicants to the MBBS5 course (A100) should have sat the UKCAT (or have obtained official exemption) to be considered for a place at St. George’s, University of London.

We have now received and analysed the UKCAT results for 2015 entry and can confirm that the minimum overall score required to be selected for interview is 2550 with a minimum score of 500 in each of the 4 sections of the test.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hukdealz
where did this 2550 cut off come from?!

until there has been an official announcement, I call BS

It was mentioned in the email that everyone should've received this morning.
Is anyone else frantically refreshing emails and track after todays interview invitations?? I think im gonna end up breaking my CTRL and R buttons on my laptop :frown:
Is anyone else frantically checking email and track after todays interview invitations?? I think im gonna end up breaking my CTRL and R buttons on my laptop :frown:

Literally me for the past 4 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NicolasCage7
Literally me for the past 4 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

We better get used to it, its gonna be the story of our lives for the next 5ish months :'(
We better get used to it, its gonna be the story of our lives for the next 5ish months :'(

️️️ahh it's going to drive me insane :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NicolasCage7
What's your ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

640 avg. (2560 overall) so im guessing the wait is gonna be a long one since theyre called people in the region of 700 atm
Wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending