The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonynous
I think by Dr he meant because he's completed a doctorate (PhD) not medicine.

Ohh ok. Are u coming to the som soc event? :smile:
Original post by Secretnerd123
Ohh ok. Are u coming to the som soc event? :smile:

I wasn't invited :frown:
Ohh it says he does work mainly in MSc (masters) side so thats why I havent seen him.

Is he both a doctor and a lecturer?

Yh that's his field. I'm yet to see him on campus lol. Although it's probably due to the fact that he's quite in demand in that he travels around the world a lot to give talks, presentations, lectures and such.

Posted fromTSR Mobile

What uni do you go to? City right?

You can get SecretNerd to get them to let you come if you like, since she's been in contact with them

Posted fromTSR Mobile

Come along! I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms :biggrin:

You need to get your head out of the books and give yourself a break for one day atleast! Lol
Any half Somali's here? Just curious?
Come along! I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms :biggrin:

You need to get your head out of the books and give yourself a break for one day atleast! Lol

I'd be the odd one out.

Original post by HelpMe2
Any half Somali's here? Just curious?

I might as well be :biggrin:
I'd be the odd one out.

I might as well be :biggrin:

Tell me straight, i don't like being confused :smile:
Original post by HelpMe2
Tell me straight, i don't like being confused :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that.
I'm sorry to hear that.

so your not half?
Original post by HelpMe2
so your not half?

I'm 3/5ths

x

Try getting all or as many Somali people as you know to come to the event lol 😜 the more the merrier. I've so far managed to get a few to come.

I didn't realise the restaurant we were going to was Somali lol, that's going to be interesting. I always order something remotely un-somali haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahad1912
Try getting all or as many Somali people as you know to come to the event lol 😜 the more the merrier. I've so far managed to get a few to come.

I didn't realise the restaurant we were going to was Somali lol, that's going to be interesting. I always order something remotely un-somali haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is that i havent got many somali friends lool. I think i only have about 3/4 somali friends. I was the only somali girl in my year in high school and i've always just had mainly arab/paki friends.

Ive so far asked one to come and she said she'll think about it so idk.

Do the ones u asked go qm?

Haha i knew it was somali. My mums been there quite a few times and said the food is amazing so cant waittt!!!

I'd be the odd one out.

Nah u wont
I'm 3/5ths

Lmaaaaoo the girl is probs like wth
The thing is that i havent got many somali friends lool. I think i only have about 3/4 somali friends. I was the only somali girl in my year in high school and i've always just had mainly arab/paki friends.

Ive so far asked one to come and she said she'll think about it so idk.

Do the ones u asked go qm?

Haha i knew it was somali. My mums been there quite a few times and said the food is amazing so cant waittt!!!

Yh all of them go qm. I'm trying to get people outside my course to come along too. Just say hi to the next random fellow Somali you see and go from there lol. In my experience, I've seen that girls are better at persuading their fellow females to come compared to guys trying the same with male friends.

Posted fromTSR Mobile
Original post by mahad1912
Yh all of them go qm. I'm trying to get people outside my course to come along too. Just say hi to the next random fellow Somali you see and go from there lol. In my experience, I've seen that girls are better at persuading their fellow females to come compared to guys trying the same with male friends.

Posted fromTSR Mobile

Haha yeah thats what i'll do inshallah! :smile:
Btw when we meet at ucl, what are we gonna do there?
Haha yeah thats what i'll do inshallah! :smile:
Btw when we meet at ucl, what are we gonna do there?

I have no idea lool. I think they're still trying to sort that part out together or something since it'll be a joint event. In the email it just says that they have a lot planned.

This'll be a big event if most people show up so should be good, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your uncle is a psychology lecturer??? Whaaaat. They shows us pictures of all the lecturers at the start and I didnt see any somali men. What module does he teach and how does he look?
It would be cool to have a somali lec lol

Aw yeah it wouldve been fun! :frown:
Hows uni???

Yep it would have been.

Uni is Okay alhamdulilah. :smile:
This vid makes me so happy to be somali. Our dance moves are on point :wink:

Can anyone here do the dhaanto?
This vid makes me so happy to be somali. Our dance moves are on point :wink:

Can anyone here do the dhaanto?

Lool that's so not me
Can you do it?