The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2015 applicants - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BanterTrain
I don't believe you

It was the longest time, I also put 9 minutes
Reply 921
What was the answer to the one about being late or early to a job interview or something, her watch was 10 minutes fast etc. etc. That one should be ridiculously easy but I was low on time and stressed, don't remember exactly how it was phrased either. Did you answer 10 minutes early, late or on time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 922
And Oxford obv. knows our results when deciding who to interview, can we really not get our scores earlier than January?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daltohn
What was the answer to the one about being late or early to a job interview or something, her watch was 10 minutes fast etc. etc. That one should be ridiculously easy but I was low on time and stressed, don't remember exactly how it was phrased either. Did you answer 10 minutes early, late or on time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 10 minutes early I think
Original post by Daltohn

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got on time. Considering how terribly the exam went for me, this was one of the few questions I was actually reasonably confident on... Can't wait for someone to tell me I'm wrong here as well 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 925
Original post by anonwinner
I got 10 minutes early I think

Yeah, me too but afterwards I think I forgot the exact phrasing of the problem, didn't make sense with how I remembered it. But ok, maybe we're good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ooftar
I got on time. Considering how terribly the exam went for me, this was one of the few questions I was actually reasonably confident on... Can't wait for someone to tell me I'm wrong here as well ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put 10mins early, could be wrong though
Reply 927
I put 10mins early, could be wrong though

It's a trivial problem but not sure that I was thinking clearly at that stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bugger, made an educated guess and said 10mins late.
Hi guys I just wanted to ask does anyone know what was the earliest and latest time last year that someone found out whether or not they got an interview?
Original post by Daltohn
It's a trivial problem but not sure that I was thinking clearly at that stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just in reply to your message about TSA results, it's really just so that people go in to their interviews confident and don't give up on the basis of knowing they have a low TSA score and thinking it's too much to get an offer. Trust me, you'll be glad if you get an interview. The place is a stomping ground for those egotistical b*stards that compete for alpha male intellectual status wherever they go.
Original post by Teddysmith123
Hi guys I just wanted to ask does anyone know what was the earliest and latest time last year that someone found out whether or not they got an interview?

Got mine on the 29th November. Most PPE ones were given earliest 27th latest 30th.
Original post by Dprince
Got mine on the 29th November. Most PPE ones were given earliest 27th latest 30th.

Oh ok thanks I guess if I receive a message from Oxford on the 30th or even before it will either be the best birthday I've had or the worst! :tongue:
Feeling worse and worse after every answer that's posted.
Reply 934
Original post by Dprince
Just in reply to your message about TSA results, it's really just so that people go in to their interviews confident and don't give up on the basis of knowing they have a low TSA score and thinking it's too much to get an offer. Trust me, you'll be glad if you get an interview. The place is a stomping ground for those egotistical b*stards that compete for alpha male intellectual status wherever they go.

Well yeah, that makes sense. I would like to know though, flying in from continental Europe with a week's notice is quite costly. Not that I wouldn't go but I don't know, if I knew I had a weak 61 or sth I'd might make different arrangements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daltohn
Well yeah, that makes sense. I would like to know though, flying in from continental Europe with a week's notice is quite costly. Not that I wouldn't go but I don't know, if I knew I had a weak 61 or sth I'd might make different arrangements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might be able to have a phone/skype interview?
Reply 936

Nope, not EU applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would strongly advice against opting for phone interviews if going there in person is at all possible. The entire interview experience is absolutely lovely, and getting a proper feel for what the college is like is great (until you're rejected after falling in love with it, ehe). Plus, I met someone I now consider one of my closest friends at interviews last year!
Original post by Daltohn
Nope, not EU applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe book the tickes now, and go regardless? Just chill in London/other for a couple of days instead if you end up not getting interviewed. (If it's financially viable that is.) Was I not moving from Sweden to London in two weeks anyway I'd probably do that.
Reply 939
Can anyone remember the first and third essay questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending