The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Has anyone heard back from CC?
Reply 161
are many people still waiting on BLP/Simmons and Simmons/HSF after doing their tests? Did them all a week ago and haven't heard anything...
Reply 162
So far:

HSF - Post psychometric test rejection

A&0 - rejection

Freshfields - rejection

Linklaters - completed Watson Glaser

NRF - waiting post-app

Ashurst - waiting post-app

Cleary - waiting post-app
Please outline the qualities which you think you possess to be a successful lawyer at Macfarlanes.

Anyone think the question is badly worded?

(i.e is it asking which skills do I have which make me suitable or is it a more general question)
Original post by abc91
So far:

HSF - Post psychometric test rejection

A&0 - rejection

Freshfields - rejection

Linklaters - completed Watson Glaser

NRF - waiting post-app

Ashurst - waiting post-app

Cleary - waiting post-app

When did you send off these applications and were they for winter or summer vac schemes? Hope you get some good news soon! :redface:
Reply 165
Original post by pug08
are many people still waiting on BLP/Simmons and Simmons/HSF after doing their tests? Did them all a week ago and haven't heard anything...

I'm waiting on HSF post tests for Winter VS. I'm assuming no news is goods news (for now anyway) as I've got friends who have been rejected after the taking the tests. Fingers crossed!
Has anyone heard anything back from Travers Smith or Stephenson Harwood for the winter schemes?
Reply 167
Original post by Chianti1
Has anyone heard anything back from Travers Smith or Stephenson Harwood for the winter schemes?

got rejected from SH pretty much within two days which was sad haha, not heard back from TS!
Reply 168
Original post by Horse273
When did you send off these applications and were they for winter or summer vac schemes? Hope you get some good news soon! :redface:

All sent in October for Winter Schemes, except for Freshfields, which was for a TC

Clearly will be a rejection as their assessment open day is on Monday (Nov 10th) and so far I have not heard anything.

Hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by pug08
got rejected from SH pretty much within two days which was sad haha, not heard back from TS!

Sorry to hear that, good luck with your other applications! I applied to both about 5 weeks ago.
Reply 170
Hello my fellow lawyers-to be.

I was just wondering if anyone has applied to wragge law for their winter placement and or has any experience with their verbal reasoning test or any verbal reasoning tests for that matter as quite frankly I suck at them.

Thanks

Hello! Has anyone applied to Mishcon de Reya and heard back? If so, do you mind if I ask when you applied and when you heard? Thank you :smile:
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Hello! Has anyone applied to Mishcon de Reya and heard back? If so, do you mind if I ask when you applied and when you heard? Thank you :smile:

Haven't applied (yet) but a girl in my year has an assessment centre with them, apparently
I am still waiting to hear from SH.
Original post by pug08

I still haven't heard from SH. Sorry for the rejection!
How many apps have people sent/planning to send?

Seems pretty quiet on here..

Also, am I right in saying that rejection from a vac scheme bars you from making a TC app to that firm until final year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Did anyone who applied to Cleary Gottlieb receive a receipt for their application?

Also, has anyone had an interview at Jones Day? If so, have you got any tips?
Original post by Kidioteque
Haven't applied (yet) but a girl in my year has an assessment centre with them, apparently

Thanks! Do you happen to know how long it took for her to hear? I know they recruit on a rolling basis, so not sure how long it'll take them. Good luck for your application - let me know if you hear anything :biggrin:
Reply 178
Original post by thomasllf
Did anyone who applied to Cleary Gottlieb receive a receipt for their application?

Also, has anyone had an interview at Jones Day? If so, have you got any tips?

Hey - when did you hear back from Jones Day and when did you apply? Still not heard back from there though I applied near the closing date for the winter vacation scheme.

Thanks
Original post by husn
Hey - when did you hear back from Jones Day and when did you apply? Still not heard back from there though I applied near the closing date for the winter vacation scheme.

Thanks

I applied for the 2015 summer vacation scheme around 3 weeks ago, and I heard back from them about a week after my academic reference was sent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending