The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsenalWenger
expect a decent haul from Downing this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

never thought i'd read those words.

I'm not buying it, no sir.
Reply 3201
Decided to go for Siggy -> Chadli for a free transfer

Siggy stats poor to be honest
Who to captain? Aguero?
Original post by Mister Dead
never thought i'd read those words.

I'm not buying it, no sir.

Never thought i'd see the day where bringing in a West Ham attacker was a viable FPL option.

Not sure why so many people are ditching Gylfi. Season keeper for me.
Original post by sr90
Never thought i'd see the day where bringing in a West Ham attacker was a viable FPL option.

Yeah it has ends in tears written all over it. The guy doesn't need to be hitting double figures week in week out to be a fantastic option at £6m. 2 points away to Stoke, Everton, Sunderland and Chelsea are par for the course for Swansea. And he came off with an injury halfway through against Leicester. I'd be looking at finding a rotation partner for him way before considering dropping.

Arsenal, Palace, QPR at home in next four games. Every one a potential winner. The question is, do I bench Chambers (Swnasea A) for Duff (Hull H)

Think so.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

For a bloody 6m option it's insane people are downgrading him.
He's staying in my team all season unless he gets injured.

Hoping that ditching sterling to allow for sanchez pays off.
Didn't suffer any point hits and sterling/liverpool have been so poor going forward that it seemed like an obvious decision to be honest.

Plus, with a midfield of ADM/fab/alexis/siggy with Costa/aguero/berahino up front, you can't go wrong :wink:
Original post by Mister Dead
Yeah it has ends in tears written all over it. The guy doesn't need to be hitting double figures week in week out to be a fantastic option at £6m. 2 points away to Stoke, Everton, Sunderland and Chelsea are par for the course for Swansea. And he came off with an injury halfway through against Leicester. I'd be looking at finding a rotation partner for him way before considering dropping.

Arsenal, Palace, QPR at home in next four games. Every one a potential winner. The question is, do I bench Chambers (Swnasea A) for Duff (Hull H)

Think so.

He's got 7 assists and a goal in 10 games, which is brilliant for someone playing in a midtable team. Only Fabregas has more assists than him, yet people are saying he isn't scoring enough? Baffling really.
no such thing as a season keeper for me.. players can always go off form..

Siggy though, is still doing fine.. him or chadli have to be the cheap bench option for me.. both cost the same, both have the same number of poinst.. etc.
Reply 3208
I know I said I was gonna do Siggy -> Chadli but held off..

Saving my transfer for the international break
I dropped Sigurdsson after his 10 point haul, to accomodate Baines - that strategy has worked. My hope is Sigurdsson doesn't get involved with assists or goals over next 2 games (I hate thinking like this towards Swansea players) as they are difficult games of Arsenal and Man City. His value would probably go down a further 0.2 if he doesn't score in those games. Meaning I could get him back him for almost the same I sold him, for with some really nice favourable fixtures after that. Or I look at Hazard/Walcott.

Aguero (C) this week - hasn't let me down before this week. Was really considering Di Maria.
(edited 9 years ago)
nice to see stirling getting an assist, hes been a bit quiet recently, and I have been wanting to drop him, but there is no one that I want to replace him with, so would much rather if he just starts scoring again..

Hazard is my other player in this game.. so fingers crossed for sometihng from him..
Sterling and Balotelli looking decent
ah.. I have cahil on the bench! conceeded... but also scored.. bit annoying but not to bad :smile:
oh hazard.. getting so many chances, but can barely get the shot past the defenders, let alone the keeper..

Needs to get it together for the 2nd half..
Original post by fallen_acorns
oh hazard.. getting so many chances, but can barely get the shot past the defenders, let alone the keeper..

Needs to get it together for the 2nd half..

So frustrating! At least he's getting chances.

If Fab ends up getting more points than Haz after this I will be fuming :angry:
This is what I wanted - Costa to score but to not go nuts with goals as I haven't captained him.

And for Sterling to not score as I just sold him.

Now just need a Fabregas goal!
Original post by Lúcio
For a bloody 6m option it's insane people are downgrading him.
He's staying in my team all season unless he gets injured.

Hoping that ditching sterling to allow for sanchez pays off.
Didn't suffer any point hits and sterling/liverpool have been so poor going forward that it seemed like an obvious decision to be honest.

Plus, with a midfield of ADM/fab/alexis/siggy with Costa/aguero/berahino up front, you can't go wrong :wink:

It depends what situation you're in. To get Sanchez I needed to sell either Di Maria or Siggy. Not going to sell Di Maria before a Palace game, not going to go without Sanchez so Siggy had to go for Downing.

He's good value but he's not a necessity, especially as he only gets FPL points against teams with very poor defences.
dissapointed in hazard.. had so many chances and yet managed nothing..

Only saving grace is that fabregas also did poorely, so it evens out, as I will score the same as those with him..

Costa's goal is fine, dont mind him getting a goal, as my guys can do the same, as long as he doesnt go crazy..

On to captain pelle... need a decent haul from him, to protect against aguaro tommorow
southampton are my make/braek team this week... doubled up on their defense, and captian pelle..

Need a good result from them
not sure I have got my subbs right for any of the past 3-4 weeks.. always seem to look on game-day and think, why the hell is that player playing?

This week it seems I have both swansea + arsenal defenders, dispite them playing against each other.. I am so sure I took the swansea player out, - infact I even made a post about it? guess maybe I did not press confirm? hmm.. dissapointing

Quick Reply

Latest