The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Unconditional offer from Lancaster?

I have completed my AS levels but not my A2 levels. I applied to Lancaster, Sheffield, Oxford, Keele and Leeds and have received offers from all of them apart from Oxford.
My offer for Lancaster was AAB and I received it a couple of weeks ago. However today I received an email, not through track, telling me that I would receive an unconditional offer if I put them as my first choice. Has this happened to anyone else? Should this have gone through track?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done on the unconditional! I had this happen to me last year. In my case, nothing changed on track until I firmed Lancaster - then it changed to unconditional.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Kathiye
Well done on the unconditional! I had this happen to me last year. In my case, nothing changed on track until I firmed Lancaster - then it changed to unconditional.

Thanks for telling me :smile: do you like it? What are you studying?
Original post by corinnetomsett

Hi there, did your Ucas update over the weekend. Amazing choices btw well done with the offers!
Reply 4

I'm studying Natural Sciences - most people who applied for it last year got unconditionals eventually for some reason :biggrin: And yeah, it's great. Love the uni - definitely happy with my choice. What do you want to study?
Original post by Kathiye
I'm studying Natural Sciences - most people who applied for it last year got unconditionals eventually for some reason :biggrin: And yeah, it's great. Love the uni - definitely happy with my choice. What do you want to study?

history. Thanks for telling me :smile:
Original post by TheMagican
Hi there, did your Ucas update over the weekend. Amazing choices btw well done with the offers!

No, nothing on track :s-smilie: but thanks :smile:
I have completed my AS levels but not my A2 levels. I applied to Lancaster, Sheffield, Oxford, Keele and Leeds and have received offers from all of them apart from Oxford.
My offer for Lancaster was AAB and I received it a couple of weeks ago. However today I received an email, not through track, telling me that I would receive an unconditional offer if I put them as my first choice. Has this happened to anyone else? Should this have gone through track?

Happened with a brother of a friend for Birmingham Uni for Politics.
I have a unconditional offer for lancaster and got a letter in the post to confirm but nothing on ucas.

That doesn't mean you need accept it as firm. I'd wait for other offers personally, if better universities are in the frame.

After some correspondence with Lancaster about confirming my grades I got an email yesterday saying they can give me an offer and it will update on Track shortly. However, it hasn't updated on Track yet, like you. They didn't mention if it was conditional or unconditional either so I'm slightly confused as well...how long does track take to update? Should it have already updated or am I in the same situation as you?

EDIT: Track has updated now. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
It is kind of stupid for a uni to sucker in a student by asking for high grades and then waiving them in exchange for firming them. :mad:
Reply 12
I have a friend who applied to Lancaster for Natural Sciences and got an unconditional a few weeks ago, providing he puts it as his firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last week I got an offer for Politics and International Relations from Lancaster for AAB. I came in from school today and they sent me a letter saying if I firm they'll reduce my offer to AEE (yes one A and two E's!). They stopped short of making an unconditional offer but instead gave me the most weird offer one could devise. I'm not complaining though and I'm considering putting them as my firm now!
Reply 14
Original post by social outcast
I have a unconditional offer for lancaster and got a letter in the post to confirm but nothing on ucas.

Me too! Most people I've seen on here received emails instead of letters so thats reassuring!

Original post by Kathiye

I was just wondering how long it took for your track to change the conditional to the unconditional after firming? I firmed my unconditional for Natural Sciences 2015 entry yesterday and it's still saying 'Conditional Offer AAA'. Thank you!
Original post by aleea03
Me too! Most people I've seen on here received emails instead of letters so thats reassuring!

I was just wondering how long it took for your track to change the conditional to the unconditional after firming? I firmed my unconditional for Natural Sciences 2015 entry yesterday and it's still saying 'Conditional Offer AAA'. Thank you!

I don't think that the part with the grades ever actually changed - there was something that said 'Conditional Offer - AAA' the whole time, confusingly. But it also said 'Your confirmed place' and 'unconditional offer (firmly accepted)' elsewhere. I'm not sure how long it took - a couple of days, perhaps? Bear in mind that it is the weekend so if you did it yesterday no one would have looked at it yet!
Reply 16
Original post by Kathiye
I don't think that the part with the grades ever actually changed - there was something that said 'Conditional Offer - AAA' the whole time, confusingly. But it also said 'Your confirmed place' and 'unconditional offer (firmly accepted)' elsewhere. I'm not sure how long it took - a couple of days, perhaps? Bear in mind that it is the weekend so if you did it yesterday no one would have looked at it yet!

Thank you so much! I got really paranoid and dug out the letter again and read it like 5 more times (even though i pretty much knew it off by heart) just to be sure!!
Reply 17
I got a conditional offer of AAB to study pure economics in lancaster,received offers from bristol,st andrews and exeter as well,awaiting another reply.Do you think I should email them directly,asking if I put Lancaster as my firm,will my offer be changed to unconditional? :smile:
Hello!

i have an unconditional and am going Lancaster next year. Are you?
Original post by cozmobhoix98
Hello!

i have an unconditional and am going Lancaster next year. Are you?

ohh my god same I got offered an unconditional through the post and after firming it they changed it to unconditionally accepted cant wait to start in september/october 2017 are you excited or what!!!

Quick Reply

Latest