The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itszainab
What!!? What course?!

Social Anthropology!?!? I am a mature student...do you think that made a difference? I have good grades though
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I have heard of people recieving interviews for that recently but not that late! Ah ok, no I dont think being a mature student puts u at a disadvantage at all- especially if u have the grades! Good luck anyway!

Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY
Social Anthropology!?!? I am a mature student...do you think that made a difference? I have good grades though
Original post by itszainab
I have heard of people recieving interviews for that recently but not that late! Ah ok, no I dont think being a mature student puts u at a disadvantage at all- especially if u have the grades! Good luck anyway!

It seems an awful long time to wait - my UCAS was acting up when i received the invitation and took about 4 days for me to actually view when it was so I have emailed Manchester to check its correct! Thanks for the luck!! :smile:
Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY

Social anthropology doesn't normally interview, so it will be because you're a mature student.

I'd hazard a guess that if you are currently on an Access to HE course, they've given you a late interview so that you will have had more time on your course and will have more to say for yourself, so to speak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
Social anthropology doesn't normally interview, so it will be because you're a mature student.

I'd hazard a guess that if you are currently on an Access to HE course, they've given you a late interview so that you will have had more time on your course and will have more to say for yourself, so to speak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm maybe you are right - except I am not on an Access to HE course. That seems likely the reason though. Hmm, we will see what they respond.
Just a silly question I should know the answer to...
If my predicted grades are A*AA, but the course's entry requirements are ABB- can they give me an offer requesting I get AAA, for example? Or do I just have to get at least ABB to get on the course?
Original post by rachlutz
Just a silly question I should know the answer to...
If my predicted grades are A*AA, but the course's entry requirements are ABB- can they give me an offer requesting I get AAA, for example? Or do I just have to get at least ABB to get on the course?

They can give you any offer they like - though it will usually be in line with the course entry requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
They can give you any offer they like - though it will usually be in line with the course entry requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah thankyouu
I'm in!! History and Politics, ABB. Got back to me the day they got my application!! So happy!!
Reply 529
Hi everyone :smile:
Got an offer for Chemical Engineering ( Energy and Environnent) anyone else got the same?.
Does anyone else have a chem eng interview on 10th December?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody else got physics interview / applicant day this tuesday (11th) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received an unconditional offer for philosophy today - I'm a post A Level applicant. Was quite surprised they responded so fast as I'd only sent off my UCAS application a few days before.
I've applied to the university of Manchester for Chinese studies, I've got an interview on the 27th November and they say if you turn up for an interview you will 100% be offered a place, which is great as it is my top choice! I'm trying to find others which are hoping to go here as a head start on getting to know people if I do end up there!
Has anyone applied / received an offer for the International Business, Finance and Economics course?
Original post by SophieASR
I've applied to the university of Manchester for Chinese studies, I've got an interview on the 27th November and they say if you turn up for an interview you will 100% be offered a place, which is great as it is my top choice! I'm trying to find others which are hoping to go here as a head start on getting to know people if I do end up there!

Hey! Congratulations, good luck with the interview. I've got an offer at Manchester for Economics and Politics. Where else have you applied?
Reply 536
Is anyone going to the Computer Science interview on Thursday?
Original post by cecplascott
Hey! Congratulations, good luck with the interview. I've got an offer at Manchester for Economics and Politics. Where else have you applied?

Ahh congrats to you too! I've also applied to hull, Leeds, Durham and Birmingham you?
Original post by SophieASR
Ahh congrats to you too! I've also applied to hull, Leeds, Durham and Birmingham you?

I applied to Bath, Nottingham, Edinburgh and York
Good luck with your other unis!
Reply 539
If I were to send my UCAS application off in December, how long to you reckon it will take for Universities to get back to me? I really hope that if I get an offer by Manchester I don't have to go on an interview.

Latest

Trending

Trending