The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by Obiejess
R.S. - Language A Levels are the spawn of Satan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm deciding between R.S and Spanish for my fourth A Level and I really don't know which one to choose :frown: For my other three I want to do English Lit, Psychology and Sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do a lang - French and I take Philosophy and Ethics.
I would advise you to first check which type of RS course your school is offering - philosophy and ethics or just philosophy alone. They are different.

personally, languages really aren't as bad as everyone makes out. of course you'll find it challenging at times, but that's the same for most other courses. how challenging you find it relies on your abilities and the effort/hard work you put in.
but it's really rewarding too.
don't be put off by the exam "oh, its a 20min fluent conversation" - that's not 100% true. It's on a topic which i'm sure your teacher will tell you, and it will have been on you've already studied. you'll be able to arrange possible answers and practice. on the day, you will have five other qs on a card which will be new to you. you have however, time allocated to prepare answers.
and the fluency thing - my teacher once said that A level french isn't going to "make you fluent". that's not what its designed for. a language a level is all about understanding the lifestyle and culture of those who speak it. you will have a greater understanding of how language works too as you will be required to learn about grammar rules and tenses.

for any more qs on philosophy and ethics or languages or a levels (i do eng lit, french, economics and philosophy and ethics) let me know.
best wishes.
Original post by Izzyyyyy
My mocks start on Monday :frown: any advice? Have any of you guys done anything?

My advice, this being my third round of GCSEs - is to not worry about mocks.

They literally mean nothing. Focus on your coursework and your main revision. Mocks are not worth a second thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394
Gawd. Did you just... :drool:

I have an obsession with Tom Hiddleston ok?Don't judge.:colonhash:

dat loki tho :colone:

what's your favourite movie with him? :sexface:

Spoiler

Izzyyyyy
My mocks start on Monday any advice? Have any of you guys done anything?

i wrote a post about preparing for gcses a while back so i hope it helps :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51161615&postcount=2

personally, i didn't do any revision for mocks because i took them as a chance to see what topics i wasn't as good on

when it came to exam time, i didn't spend as much time on the topics i passed in mocks and spent longer on the ones i failed in :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arithmeticae
dat loki tho :colone:

what's your favourite movie with him? :sexface:

My best friend is a marvel geek so guess what....
:dance:
Original post by karmacrunch

Spoiler

Hey! :ahee: Yes. I was talking with some of you guys earlier. :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

NOO

You and Arithmeticae are going to be the death of me. Loki and now Sherlock. You have no hearts guys, no hearts.... :mad:

:biggrin: I kid.

don't think i've seen you around before so hey there! :biggrin:

repeatable, reproducible, verifiable, something along those lines :tongue:

Hi, me neither :hello:

Hmm I think for comparing its - check, pattern, reproducible if same variables
and for sharing its - check, more results=more accurate mean=minimizing effects on random errors, enables reproducibility

but I haven't see a question about comparing results, only sharing results so Im not even sure if there is such a question about comparing...arghhhh
Hello everyone(bit late!) my "name" is drhawkeye. I am taking triple science, english lit, english language, french, art, graphics, history, economics, maths, Igcse maths, additional maths, further maths and rs. I am hoping to get into Welbeck Defence Sixth Form college. So hopefully a career as an Army officer. My hobbies include travelling, football, tennis, guitar, badminton , tele(:wink:), reading news etc. I still feel like i'm in primary school, I dont feel 16 at all!!
is any1 doing edexcel gcse psychology???:biggrin:
Reply 2468
So few posts but you guys are always in active discussions:confused:
How are all you year 11's doing tonight? :h:
My best friend is a marvel geek so guess what....
:dance:

all about DC :colone:

Spoiler

Original post by Gilo98
Hi, me neither :hello:

Hmm I think for comparing its - check, pattern, reproducible if same variables
and for sharing its - check, more results=more accurate mean=minimizing effects on random errors, enables reproducibility

but I haven't see a question about comparing results, only sharing results so Im not even sure if there is such a question about comparing...arghhhh

how's yr 10 going? :biggrin:

tbh all i did for my isa's was go through a few old papers, most of them have pretty much the same questions anyway (normally its only one/two + the case studies that are slightly different :tongue:)

that sounds about right, maybe something about precision?

Spoiler

how's yr 10 going? :biggrin:

tbh all i did for my isa's was go through a few old papers, most of them have pretty much the same questions anyway (normally its only one/two + the case studies that are slightly different :tongue:)

that sounds about right, maybe something about precision?

Year 11!!!!! :redface: :wink:
Fine thanks how about you?

Thats what Im doing now :tongue: I think so...
I'll hava a look in a bit

Spoiler

All I can say is thank god for that spoiler. Otherwise I would have to send an army of minions after you... :colone:

DC doesn't exist in my world. Sorry DC fans. :colondollar:
Destroying Y11 thread, sorry. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Spoiler

NOO

You and Arithmeticae are going to be the death of me. Loki and now Sherlock. You have no hearts guys, no hearts.... :mad:

:biggrin: I kid.

:teehee::teehee:

I know, dw. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Destroying Y11 thread, sorry. :colondollar:

Spoiler

:teehee::teehee:

I know, dw. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gifs are pwetty. Don't apologise. :awesome:
Gifs are pwetty. Don't apologise. :awesome:

Kk then :ahee:

Original post by Trihawk7
x

Revising? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gilo98
Year 11!!!!! :redface: :wink:
Fine thanks how about you?

Thats what Im doing now :tongue: I think so...
I'll hava a look in a bit

oh whoops, feel stupid now :colondollar:
yr 12 is alright, way too overhyped imo

ok, hope that works out :smile:

All I can say is thank god for that spoiler. Otherwise I would have to send an army of minions after you... :colone:

DC doesn't exist in my world. Sorry DC fans. :colondollar:

that reminds me, have you seen the trailer for the minion movie!!!!11one! :love:

all about marvel :colone: superman or batman? :tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Too lazy to find a gif/10

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

No :emo: was asleep then did maths homework then went asleep again :emo: too tired for life...
Original post by Trihawk7
No :emo: was asleep then did maths homework then went asleep again :emo: too tired for life...

Reality hasn't hit you yet? :frown: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest