The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr_Cupcakes
Can't tell how G484 will go, the lack of content in this exam makes me wonder what kind of strange questions they'll ask :rolleyes:

Only 60 marks on the paper though if you think about it.
Original post by rachelc142
Last year G482 (EWP) was 59% for an A. That was a hideous exam :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hands down hardest exam i ever did in my life
Original post by twisted
hands down hardest exam i ever did in my life

It was bloody awful
Somehow managed to get 130 ums *shrugs massively*
Glad I'm not resitting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Only 60 marks on the paper though if you think about it.

Fair point, I suppose I shouldn't complain considering how G485 is basically a memory test in comparison.

What topic has everyone got to in school? Currently finishing off thermal physics and then strangely moving onto to atomic structure next, no idea why.
Fair point, I suppose I shouldn't complain considering how G485 is basically a memory test in comparison.

What topic has everyone got to in school? Currently finishing off thermal physics and then strangely moving onto to atomic structure next, no idea why.

About to start simple harmonic motion then finished Newtonian World, for FPFP we've just finished capacitors and exponential decay and doing our coursework now (since it's on that topic).

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was bloody awful
Somehow managed to get 130 ums *shrugs massively*
Glad I'm not resitting

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also did well in that exam, the low boundary helped me so much

I'm gonna hate G485

We've just done g484
Seems like we're a tad behind then, but nothing to worry about at this time of the year.

Out of interest, how's everyone learning physics this year? Never really found any useful resources other than the blue Cambridge book and past papers myself.
We're still on circular motion?
Original post by Hopstano
We're still on circular motion?

Depends what order you do it in.

It actually seems we'll not finish G484 for another couple of weeks with the class.
Reply 30
Has anyone's teacher gone over the actual mathematical proof that p=(1/3)(rho)c^2, or E=(3/2)kT? Ours has -- not 100% certain it's required for Newtonian as it's not in the spec.
Original post by Elcor
Has anyone's teacher gone over the actual mathematical proof that p=(1/3)(rho)c^2, or E=(3/2)kT? Ours has -- not 100% certain it's required for Newtonian as it's not in the spec.

We've done the first but not the second and I do specifically remember him saying "you don't need to know this I just think its interesting and helps you understand it more"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

I might have fallen asleep when he went over the proof because he likes to do everything that's not on the spec.

I don't even know p = 1/3 rho c^2?!
Reply 33
We've done the first but not the second and I do specifically remember him saying "you don't need to know this I just think its interesting and helps you understand it more"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, if you're interested it picks up from part of the p=1/3pc^2 proof:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I might have fallen asleep when he went over the proof because he likes to do everything that's not on the spec.

I don't even know p = 1/3 rho c^2?!

Haha same, but I can't complain because my other Physics teacher goes 100% to the spec and then asks relevant challenging physics questions, like those you'd get in a uni interview :')
Original post by Elcor

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't even... Idk lol

I have no clue with any of the thermal physics tbh
Reply 36
I don't even... Idk lol

I have no clue with any of the thermal physics tbh

Lol... do you want me to PM you the p=1/3pc^2 proof?
Original post by Elcor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Lol... do you want me to PM you the p=1/3pc^2 proof?

I don't even know what the terms or any of it mean.
Reply 39
I don't even know what the terms or any of it mean.

Ah right don't worry then, but it's pressure, gas density and average square of gas particles' velocities respectively. It will only make sense if a teacher goes through it with you really, or if you're really good at making big logical leaps when reading a derivation

Latest

Trending

Trending