The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Political Economy/Politics Entrants 2015

Hey,

I hear very little on here regarding Political Economy and Politics applicants at King's College London, so I've decided to create a thread.

I applied for Political Economy in October, with A*A*A predicted with 4As at AS.

What have you guys heard and anyone got anything more than a confirmation?

Jamie

Scroll to see replies

I've also applied to King's for Political Economy! I've also heard nothing since I got my confirmation. Nice to know I'm not the only one. :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by FeelingFear
I've also applied to King's for Political Economy! I've also heard nothing since I got my confirmation. Nice to know I'm not the only one. :smile:

Yeah I have heard nothing too, are you a UK applicant?
Original post by Jamie S
Yeah I have heard nothing too, are you a UK applicant?

Yup. Applying with AAAA at AS level and an A*AA prediction. I hope we both get in! :smile: Is King's your first choice? Also, what A levels are you doing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I've applied for Politics with A*A*A predictions. Applied at the end of September and haven't heard anything since the confirmation email.
Reply 5
Yup. Applying with AAAA at AS level and an A*AA prediction. I hope we both get in! :smile: Is King's your first choice? Also, what A levels are you doing?

My AS levels were Maths, Economics, Biology and Chemistry where I got 4As and then continued with Maths(Predicted A*), Economics(Predicted A*) and Biology(Predicted A).

What about you?
Reply 6
Original post by chrisw16
I've applied for Politics with A*A*A predictions. Applied at the end of September and haven't heard anything since the confirmation email.

Oh nice, what were your ASs?
Reply 7
Original post by Jamie S
Oh nice, what were your ASs?

A's in history and geography and B's in RS and English lit, got full UMS in geography but messed up in half my RS and my English teacher ****ed me over with coursework, dropped the subject now :frown:
Original post by Jamie S
My AS levels were Maths, Economics, Biology and Chemistry where I got 4As and then continued with Maths(Predicted A*), Economics(Predicted A*) and Biology(Predicted A).

What about you?

Interesting - I did Maths, Economics, History and English Literature and dropped English Literature. I really hope King's will actually let us know soon - they said 'within 6 weeks' and I applied in early October. Where else have people applied? I applied to do PPE at Oxford (but the TSA went so badly... oh so badly :frown: ), Government and Economics at LSE and hold offers from Birmingham (Economics and Political Science) and Manchester (Economics and Politics).
Reply 9
Interesting - I did Maths, Economics, History and English Literature and dropped English Literature. I really hope King's will actually let us know soon - they said 'within 6 weeks' and I applied in early October. Where else have people applied? I applied to do PPE at Oxford (but the TSA went so badly... oh so badly :frown: ), Government and Economics at LSE and hold offers from Birmingham (Economics and Political Science) and Manchester (Economics and Politics).

I applied for PPE at UCL, Government and Economics at LSE and have offers from surrey and sheffield
Reply 10
Has everyone been invited to the applicants day?
Reply 11
Original post by Jamie S
Has everyone been invited to the applicants day?

Yes, I'm not sure what it will involve though, I think I would go to the offer holder day if I get a place instead.
Reply 12
Original post by chrisw16
Yes, I'm not sure what it will involve though, I think I would go to the offer holder day if I get a place instead.

I am going, it sounds quite interesting and it would be nice to have another look around :smile: Anyone else?
Heeeey I applied for international politics with A*AA. Got a B in English lit and dropped it, also going to the open day.
Original post by Jamie S
I am going, it sounds quite interesting and it would be nice to have another look around :smile: Anyone else?

I will also be there - I look forward to meeting you :smile: Have LSE got back to you about gov and econ btw?
Reply 15
I will also be there - I look forward to meeting you :smile: Have LSE got back to you about gov and econ btw?

Nope, what about you? I'm still on the 8 weeks
Original post by Jamie S
Nope, what about you? I'm still on the 8 weeks

Same here :frown: I hope it will be good news. I'm hoping my ECs will swing it
Reply 17
Same here :frown: I hope it will be good news. I'm hoping my ECs will swing it

Hopefully, what are your as's?
Original post by Jamie S
Hopefully, what are your as's?

AAAA in Maths, Economics, History and English Lit as mentioned earlier.
Reply 19
My girlfriend just got an offer for politics at AAA from King's

Quick Reply

Latest