The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdTKL
Hi, I got it on 20 Oct. If it is 8 weeks, it will be on or before mid Dec. But just wonder if I will receive the offer before what they stated in the email, like some other Uni. :smile:

fingers crossed if we get the offer, then they might inform us before the full 8 weeks
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 581
Original post by saycheese:)
fingers crossed if we get the offer, then they might inform us before the full 8 weeks

yes fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 582
Original post by Fttohi
You also applied to Math and Eco? :eek:

:eek: Yes! I hope we both get admitted :smile:
Reply 583
Original post by elisabeth1996
is it possible that candidates get replies before the 8 weeks are up? like in just a month? i want to go to LSE so much i am considering taking a gap year and re-aplying next year if i get very high grades this summer, even if i get other offers!!:redface:

I got an offer just over 3 and half weeks after the 8 week email :smile:
Original post by ee123

congrats:smile: are you firming LSE?
wow!!! you stand a really good chance...can't help but feel jealous! haha :redface:

Thank you :smile: good luck with your application.
Reply 586
Original post by saycheese:)
congrats:smile: are you firming LSE?

Thanks, not sure yet, waiting to see where else I get offers from! Also I'm just very indecisive haha
Reply 587
wow!! well done!!
what were your grades and predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking? :wink:

Thank you! My offer was for history. I got 3As and a B at AS, predicted 3A*s (not going to happen haha) Good luck!!!
Original post by biscuitsledding
I got the 2 week e-mail for social-policy+econ on the exact same day as you, and have still heard nothing.

i am exact same except for social policy standalone. Rather unnerving isn't it?
Original post by annanoon918
Would like to study accounting and finance. Got 8 A* and 3 As in Gcses, 4 As in AS, for maths, economics, biology and chemistry. Predicted grades are A*A*A*A (A for chemistry- not dropping any subjects). Got 100% in one economic modules and for maths all modules above 90% in AS.Do i have a chance?

I'd say! Seems like you fit the criteria pretty darn well!

I too am applying for accounting and finance; i got 8A* 3A at GCSE; Further maths (A) Maths (A) German (A) Economics (B - 1 ums off and A FFS)? Doing all 4 to A2 (A* maths, A* further maths, A economics and A german)

Went to a summer school; got finance work experience, undertook a personal study and investigation on chinese GDP trends, Young enterprise and read an economics book as well as book on game theory and decision making.

Reckon i'll get a place?
Reply 590
Original post by ee123

Congr :smile: That's what I hope to get in coming weeks :tongue:
Reply 591
Original post by EdTKL
Congr :smile: That's what I hope to get in coming weeks :tongue:

Thank you and good luck!
Got an offer for Eco 2 weeks after the 8 week email. Happy days. Bit of a strange offer though - depended on 4 Alevels (ish). Have to get 2 As in English and Economics. Already done Maths/FMaths so I guess that's why they included the English to make sure I don't rest on my laurels. Best of luck to all applicants
Reply 593
Original post by MattLawson72
Got an offer for Eco 2 weeks after the 8 week email. Happy days. Bit of a strange offer though - depended on 4 Alevels (ish). Have to get 2 As in English and Economics. Already done Maths/FMaths so I guess that's why they included the English to make sure I don't rest on my laurels. Best of luck to all applicants

Congratulations!
When did you send your application and what are your stats (GCSE, AS, A2 predictions?):smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sneakbo2
hmm I got a 12 week email rather than a 2 week one? :s

I also recieved a 12 week one:s I recieved that on the 6st of Nov. (I sent mine on the 4th)
Reply 595
Is there anyone applying for Economics and Economic history?
Original post by jwl97
Is there anyone applying for Economics and Economic history?

As am I! What's your academic profile like ( gcses, AS, AS predictions)?
Reply 597
Original post by Rafael_96
As am I! What's your academic profile like ( gcses, AS, AS predictions)?

GCSE: 9A* 1A 1B
AS: AAAB (maths, f.maths, physics and got the B in econ :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:)
A2 Predictions: A*A*AA (A*s in both maths)
Not sure if this helps... but I got my offer for IR 1 week after the 8-week email. Good luck to y'all applying, I hope you guys make it :smile:
Original post by luchiayin
I also recieved a 12 week one:s I recieved that on the 6st of Nov. (I sent mine on the 4th)

Weird.. what course did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending