The Student Room Group

Cardiff University Dentistry 2015 Applicants

Hey guys! Thought I'd start a thread for all the cardiff dentistry applicants this year. I was looking for a thread but couldn't find one so I figured it might be useful to make one :smile: hope everyone's application is going well x

Scroll to see replies

I applied to cardiff and haven't heard anything yet :s anyone heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And what did you get in GCSEs AS and UKCAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've not heard anything yet either. :colondollar:
Original post by Salehashah22
I applied to cardiff and haven't heard anything yet :s anyone heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard anything either! A student there said we should hear by mid-December if we have interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

8A*'s 4A's gcse's
ABBC AS
A*AA predictions
710 UKCAT

How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE: 9 A* 2 A

As AAAB Chem, Bio, Maths, Eng

Pred: A*A*A

UKCAT 720
(edited 9 years ago)
I had 9A* A and B
AAAAB
AAA prediction
UKCAT was disappointing. 563.
Looking at you guys, I feel a lot scared now :frown:((((

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
I've applied for dentistry also. I am an IB diploma student predicted 42 points. I got average gcse grades compared to other applicants of 3 A*s and 6 As. 670 in ukcat. I believe I have a strong ps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had 9A* A and B
AAAAB
AAA prediction
UKCAT was disappointing. 563.
Looking at you guys, I feel a lot scared now :frown:((((

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh don't worry too much about ukcat Cardiff hardly use it in their selection process! I know someone who got into Cardiff last year with 550
[QUOTE="arbucks;51449639"]I've applied for dentistry also. I am an IB diploma student predicted 42 points. I got average gcse grades compared to other applicants of 3 A*s and 6 As. 670 in ukcat. I believe I have a strong ps.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

You're stats are looking good! What other unis have you applied for?
How much work experience have you guys done?
Reply 12
[QUOTE="etharmohamed;51451621"]
Original post by arbucks
I've applied for dentistry also. I am an IB diploma student predicted 42 points. I got average gcse grades compared to other applicants of 3 A*s and 6 As. 670 in ukcat. I believe I have a strong ps.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

You're stats are looking good! What other unis have you applied for?

Newcastle, Sheffield, Dundee and Cardiff for dentistry. With Newcastle for biomedical sciences (already got an offer).

I'm really doubting that I'll get anything for dentistry tbh. Very over subscribed

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="arbucks;51468047"]
Original post by etharmohamed

Newcastle, Sheffield, Dundee and Cardiff for dentistry. With Newcastle for biomedical sciences (already got an offer).

I'm really doubting that I'll get anything for dentistry tbh. Very over subscribed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say so if I were you... your stats are pretty good and not all uni's are fussy about gcse's. Keep positive and hopefully you will hear soon from dental schools :biggrin: yep indeed it is very over subscribed but we've chosen to take a gamble by applying in the first place. Congrats on your offer for biomed btw!
Reply 14
[QUOTE="etharmohamed;51468335"]
Original post by arbucks

I wouldn't say so if I were you... your stats are pretty good and not all uni's are fussy about gcse's. Keep positive and hopefully you will hear soon from dental schools :biggrin: yep indeed it is very over subscribed but we've chosen to take a gamble by applying in the first place. Congrats on your offer for biomed btw!

Thank you for the confidence boost!!! It just feels like an eternity waiting for interview invites to come in! Well, it will all be worth it in the end (hopefully). Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="arbucks;51468751"]

Thank you for the confidence boost!!! It just feels like an eternity waiting for interview invites to come in! Well, it will all be worth it in the end (hopefully). Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really is such a long wait!!! It's so frustrating seeing other people in college getting interviews, even the medics! But hey ho sooner or later we'll be informed of our fate :colone:

I've applied to Cardiff, Bristol, Sheffield and Liverpool. I still have the option to put in a fifth choice but I don't know if I really want to...I'm just so keen on dentistry that I wouldn't want to do anything else tbh. Would Cardiff be your first choice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
[QUOTE="etharmohamed;51468831"]
Original post by arbucks

It really is such a long wait!!! It's so frustrating seeing other people in college getting interviews, even the medics! But hey ho sooner or later we'll be informed of our fate :colone:

I've applied to Cardiff, Bristol, Sheffield and Liverpool. I still have the option to put in a fifth choice but I don't know if I really want to...I'm just so keen on dentistry that I wouldn't want to do anything else tbh. Would Cardiff be your first choice?

Yeah I know how it feels! Haha

I agree with being only interested in dentistry and I just chucked in the biomedical sciences because I could /:

So we've applied to two of the same unis then! Id say Newcastle is first followed by Cardiff. I honestly do not care what uni offers me, as long as I do dentistry! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="arbucks;51476009"]

Yeah I know how it feels! Haha

I agree with being only interested in dentistry and I just chucked in the biomedical sciences because I could /:

So we've applied to two of the same unis then! Id say Newcastle is first followed by Cardiff. I honestly do not care what uni offers me, as long as I do dentistry! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've decided not to include a fifth choice at all, if I don't get into dentistry this year I'll just take a gap year and try again next year! But it's possible to transfer after first year of biomed in Newcastle to first year of dentistry, or am I mistaken?

Ooo we'll keep each other updated on anything from those uni's then!
Reply 18
[QUOTE="etharmohamed;51486411"]
Original post by arbucks

I've decided not to include a fifth choice at all, if I don't get into dentistry this year I'll just take a gap year and try again next year! But it's possible to transfer after first year of biomed in Newcastle to first year of dentistry, or am I mistaken?

Ooo we'll keep each other updated on anything from those uni's then!

That's correct yeah! There is a transfer option from biomed to both medicine and dentistry but it's supposedly very competitive, and so no guarantee whatsoever which is worrying! (not really a risk I want). So if I ended up with no dentistry offers I too will probably take a gap year haha.

Yes definitely keep in touch about those unis! Who knows, could be studying st the same uni haha
[QUOTE="arbucks;51487867"]

That's correct yeah! There is a transfer option from biomed to both medicine and dentistry but it's supposedly very competitive, and so no guarantee whatsoever which is worrying! (not really a risk I want). So if I ended up with no dentistry offers I too will probably take a gap year haha.

Yes definitely keep in touch about those unis! Who knows, could be studying st the same uni haha

Ah I can just imagine how tough the competition is and if the transfer doesn't work out you'll be stuck doing biomed :s-smilie:

Haha yep who knows! I'm from Cardiff personally so it would be great if I get into here , but if not I'll be over the moon to go anywhere else

Quick Reply

Latest