The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aditkulkarni
Hi everyone please can someone reply i would be very grateful!
I've applied to LSE and just wondering what chance I have of getting an offer:

My GCSEs are 11A*
AS levels: maths A (93%) ocr
Econs A (89%) ocr
Further maths A (83%) ocr
German A (80%) ocr

I'm predicted 3A* and 1 A (in further maths) my German teacher messed up my oral so that's why I was still predicted an A*

Thanks for anyone who is willing to reply!!!

Sorry, those GCSEs and UMS percentages just aren't good enough
Original post by kohakz
What does the 8 week email say? I'm not there yet. I got the 2 week email but then I got another one a week after that even though they said, they'd reply in 2 weeks. This one says they'll make a decision in 8 weeks. Would you mind telling me what they've sent you as you've got further down the line.

Yh I think you're talking about the same one, it says:

I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to the LSE.

I am happy to tell you that your application is now under consideration by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Economics programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.
Hiya!

I'm also trying to knuckle down on Economist magazine in preparation of potentially having an interview! Can I just ask what your doing; like are you just reading the entire magazine or zooming in on particular articles or whatever?
Thanks
Original post by aditkulkarni
Hi everyone please can someone reply i would be very grateful!
I've applied to LSE and just wondering what chance I have of getting an offer:

My GCSEs are 11A*
AS levels: maths A (93%) ocr
Econs A (89%) ocr
Further maths A (83%) ocr
German A (80%) ocr

I'm predicted 3A* and 1 A (in further maths) my German teacher messed up my oral so that's why I was still predicted an A*

Thanks for anyone who is willing to reply!!!

It's v competitive so may be good enough but who knows
Reply 1224
Nottingham or wawrick ?
Original post by elisabeth1996
i've applied to both! :biggrin:

I've also applied to both :-)
Reply 1226
i've applied to both! :biggrin:

Aha same, but which does everyone prefer?
Original post by anonwinner
Sorry, those GCSEs and UMS percentages just aren't good enough

I know this was sarcastic but the latter part of your sentence holds some truth.
Reply 1228
personally i prefer warwick :biggrin: still no response from either though :s-smilie:

Thing is I inow wawrick is meant to be rated higher, but I just prefer the campus, night life etc at notts! And ahh when did you apply?
Original post by dstunr
Nottingham or wawrick ?

Warwick
Reply 1230
ooo economics or medicine guys?
Original post by Mike_123
I know this was sarcastic but the latter part of your sentence holds some truth.

Surely that's not true.
Reply 1232
do you mind sharing your grades and predicted? :smile: i want to see how good my chances are1!

Yeah sure, 11A* at GCSEs
AAAB at AS
A*A*A prediction
Original post by dstunr
Yeah sure, 11A* at GCSEs
AAAB at AS
A*A*A prediction

ooh well done!! i'm not as good but i do have the same predictions :biggrin:
Original post by slg60
Surely that's not true.

tbf loads of people applying econ at lse on tsr have 95ums+
Original post by as421

economics duh #£££££££
Original post by as421

Somehow I think you're going to get lots of economics answers seeing as you're on an economics thread :biggrin:

I would say if you're questioning whether to do medicine or not though you probably shouldn't do it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1237
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Somehow I think you're going to get lots of economics answers seeing as you're on an economics thread :biggrin:

I would say if you're questioning whether to do medicine or not though you probably shouldn't do it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmm I guess that depends - I'm taking Econ as an A Level and I'm enjoying it a lot (having done it for GCSE for the last two years too)
But I'm aiming to be medic with most of my A Levels being more orientated towards the science-y side..
Generally just wondering which one of the two sounds most appealing 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by as421
Hmmmm I guess that depends - I'm taking Econ as an A Level and I'm enjoying it a lot (having done it for GCSE for the last two years too)
But I'm aiming to be medic with most of my A Levels being more orientated towards the science-y side..
Generally just wondering which one of the two sounds most appealing 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you year 12? For med you'll have needed to have done loads of work exp already

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1239
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Are you year 12? For med you'll have needed to have done loads of work exp already

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep Y12 - I've got 3 experiences so far under my belt and hopefully another 2 or 3 more within the next year
I've been offered an interview for an outreach scheme but if that doesn't work out i might weigh out my options and see where it takes me (basically if all else fails economics it is) 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending