The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Overall rank is now 53. Unreal.

Definitely going to ditch Eriksen over the international break. Not sure who i'll bring in though :beard:
Original post by sr90

Definitely going to ditch Eriksen over the international break. Not sure who i'll bring in though :beard:

What is your secret? :lol:

I swear about a month ago (maybe more) when I was in the top 10 I was like 30 pts behind you. I'm about 130 behind now..
Original post by sr90

swear you're a hacker...
I got 73 points and diidnt move in a few leagues, including this one. Since when was 70+ not good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
What is your secret? :lol:

I swear about a month ago (maybe more) when I was in the top 10 I was like 30 pts behind you. I'm about 130 behind now..

No idea to be honest, this is the first year i've taken it seriously. Last year I finished about 20th in the TSR league.

A lot of the players that I had from the start have shot up in price which means my team value is really high (£105.2m), so when I wanted to bring in Baines and Sanchez I was easily able to. I've had Costa, Di Maria and Aguero from the start as well, they're all scoring points for fun but not many people have all 5 as they're so expensive.

Doubling up on Southampton defenders has been great as well. Not sure if I wanna ditch Forster or Bertrand when their fixtures get hard.
(edited 9 years ago)
I can't seem to catch a break this season!!

Benched Sigurdsson :facepalm2: Was looking ok until Swansea scored 2!

Had Chambers clean sheet & Sanchez captain. So those two goals cost me over 6 points.

Transferred Lukaku out for Ayoze Perez. Which means next week i can get Aguero to replace Berahino
Reply 3286
Finally broken into the top 10 after back to back 80+ weeks

70+ points behind 1st place now. Still plenty of time to make that up, always enjoy fpl around mid december when the gameweeks come back to back, and squads are more stretched. Good opportunity to make a lot of ground
Original post by The Assassin
guys, thinking of taking chambers out and putting another defender for the next week. At the same time though, I really want to get rid of henderson although I can't really see him being replaced with anyone. Need 0.1 more for Chadli. (only got 0.5m itb)

Which option should I explore more?

ny1
(edited 9 years ago)
ny1

Depends, do your other defenders have good fixtures for next week?

As for a replacement for Henderson you're best bet for that budget is probably someone like Downing.
(edited 9 years ago)
ny1

Chambers is the best option for his price, i'd leave him in.

Link us your entire team, it's hard to suggest what to do otherwise.
ny1

Get someone really budget like Wanyama (4.6) or Cork (4.4) if there is a good upgrade choice somewhere. I don't find a lot of value in the pre 9.0 options. Sigurdsson is the only way I trust to be consistent.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Get someone really budget like Wanyama (4.6) or Cork (4.4) if there is a good upgrade choice somewhere. I don't find a lot of value in the pre 9.0 options. Sigurdsson is the only way I trust to be consistent.

Original post by sr90
Chambers is the best option for his price, i'd leave him in.

Link us your entire team, it's hard to suggest what to do otherwise.

Original post by Isometrix
Depends, do your other defenders have good fixtures for next week?

As for a replacement for Henderson you're best bet for that budget is probably someone like Downing.

cheers for the advice guys. Not really sure where else I'd really want to upgrade tbh. Maybe downing it is...

Moses, Downing, Chadli for reasonable mid to cheap mid options.

Boyd 4.4, Wanyama 4.7

Fix Hutton or Moore to Yun 3.9. Moores not playing.
cheers for the advice guys. Not really sure where else I'd really want to upgrade tbh. Maybe downing it is...

If that were my team i'd do Moore or Hutton > Yun and Henderson > Chadli.

Didn't even realise that Moore had been dropped, he's been on my bench since the start but I never play him :laugh:

Yeah to be fair that's a good looking team

Maybe consider Hazard over Fabregas, as Hazard will start to outscore Fab now I think, or soon. And Welbeck over Berahino. Think Welbeck will be a good option for consistency for his price, whilst Berahino and other options will struggle.
Original post by sr90
If that were my team i'd do Moore or Hutton > Yun and Henderson > Chadli.

Didn't even realise that Moore had been dropped, he's been on my bench since the start but I never play him :laugh:

****ing solid. ty. Same here btw.

Maybe consider Hazard over Fabregas, as Hazard will start to outscore Fab now I think, or soon. And Welbeck over Berahino. Think Welbeck will be a good option for consistency for his price, whilst Berahino and other options will struggle.

Thanks! will consider this as well. still got time. I'll see when I get rid of Fabregas; think it's just a bit early.
(edited 9 years ago)

Welbeck is quite a bit more expensive than Berahino though (1.3m difference), he'd probably have to downgrade one of his 'big hitters' in order to do that which I don't think is worth it especially whilst he owns Sanchez. After next GW Berahino's got a nice run of fixtures anyway.

Agree with you on Hazard though, i'm trying to free up 1.5m over the next few weeks to do Oscar > Hazard. Not easy :pierre:
Original post by sr90
Welbeck is quite a bit more expensive than Berahino though (1.3m difference), he'd probably have to downgrade one of his 'big hitters' in order to do that which I don't think is worth it especially whilst he owns Sanchez. After next GW Berahino's got a nice run of fixtures anyway.

Agree with you on Hazard though, i'm trying to free up 1.5m over the next few weeks to do Oscar > Hazard. Not easy :pierre:

Henderson to Cork/Wanyama could do maybe provide enough money to perhaps get Fab to Hazard and Bera to Welbeck. I just don't have a lot of faith with pre 9.0m mids and pre 7.0 strikers. I don't really see a lot of consistency there, which is fairly important. I love having Aguero, Costa and Welbeck up front, because I'm confident of their consistencies through the season in big sides.
Henderson to Cork/Wanyama could do maybe provide enough money to perhaps get Fab to Hazard and Bera to Welbeck. I just don't have a lot of faith with pre 9.0m mids and pre 7.0 strikers. I don't really see a lot of consistency there, which is fairly important. I love having Aguero, Costa and Welbeck up front, because I'm confident of their consistencies through the season in big sides.

Has Welbeck been consistent though? I'd argue otherwise. His place in the team isn't even guaranteed when Giroud returns.
Original post by sr90
Has Welbeck been consistent though? I'd argue otherwise. His place in the team isn't even guaranteed when Giroud returns.

I agree he hasn't had great points returns, but even off form he is still getting ok points in. When Giroud is back, it would be time to get rid probably though I'd agree. But as a main man atm, I rate him as a good differential.

I don't like discussing with you though, hard to argue/debate with someone who's 53rd in whole FF, as you clearly know more :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest