The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
is anyone else massively disheartened about this whole process? i have an interview with JD but apart from that I've been rejected by 4 all like a few days after sending my apps, which I know means something is really wrong with my applications… except i literally have no idea what haha
Original post by pug08
is anyone else massively disheartened about this whole process? i have an interview with JD but apart from that I've been rejected by 4 all like a few days after sending my apps, which I know means something is really wrong with my applications… except i literally have no idea what haha

which ones out of interest?
Reply 182
Original post by liarpoker
which ones out of interest?

NRF, Hogan Lovells, Stephenson Harwood, BLP :frown:
Reply 183
Original post by pug08

Hey, trust me I know the feeling. It is way disheartening. May I ask when u applied for JD and when they got back to u?

But upwards and onwards- We can do it Brucey, we can do it Bruce...BRUCE, BRUCE, BRUCE!!!
Reply 184
Original post by pug08

I know exactly how you feel, if you can get a careers adviser to go through them with you maybe that'd help. I'm happy to review one with you as well - this is my second year of applying after not getting a TC from a vac scheme last year. Feel free to pm me :smile:
Reply 185
Does anyone know how we have to format the cover letter for B&M? Seeing as you write the text directly into the app do you have to formally address it, etc.?
Original post by pug08

The fact that you have an interview with JD definitely indicates that something IS RIGHT with your application!

All the best :smile: May i know whether these are summer or winter schemes?
Reply 187
Original post by thomasllf
Did anyone who applied to Cleary Gottlieb receive a receipt for their application?

Cleary will likely be a rejection if you have not heard yet as their open day assessment is on November 10th (tomorrow). Sucks I know.
Reply 188
Original post by trisha.b
The fact that you have an interview with JD definitely indicates that something IS RIGHT with your application!

All the best :smile: May i know whether these are summer or winter schemes?

I know, but JD was just a cover letter rather than any questions which has made me think thats where I'm going wrong! All for the winter schemes, but on some of them i think i ticked summer scheme as my second option x

Original post by pp93
I know exactly how you feel, if you can get a careers adviser to go through them with you maybe that'd help. I'm happy to review one with you as well - this is my second year of applying after not getting a TC from a vac scheme last year. Feel free to pm me :smile:

I think because I don't do law there aren't many people at uni i can ask, the careers people seem very general… Thank you, thats really sweet of you, will message you :smile:

Original post by husn
Hey, trust me I know the feeling. It is way disheartening. May I ask when u applied for JD and when they got back to u?

But upwards and onwards- We can do it Brucey, we can do it Bruce...BRUCE, BRUCE, BRUCE!!!

I can't remember when I applied exactly but they sent me the request for a reference email within 4 days, and then I got an interview the day after my referee sent it. Hahaha i think i have to go watch that film now you've quoted it
Has anyone heard back from NRF or Ashurst about the winter vac scheme?
(edited 9 years ago)
Finally sent my first application! Took me about 10 minutes to bring myself to click "submit" - this is all far too real! :puke:
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Thanks! Do you happen to know how long it took for her to hear? I know they recruit on a rolling basis, so not sure how long it'll take them. Good luck for your application - let me know if you hear anything :biggrin:

No idea - I don't like the person in question very much so haven't spoken to her about it, it was just something I heard from a friend. I'll let you know if I hear anything though!
Original post by Kidioteque
No idea - I don't like the person in question very much so haven't spoken to her about it, it was just something I heard from a friend. I'll let you know if I hear anything though!

Oh haha ok! Thank you - I will post on here if I hear anything. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting on easter vac scheme applications now, hopefully with a bit more luck than the winter applications
Reply 194
Original post by lawstudent94
Has anyone heard back from NRF or Ashurst about the winter vac scheme?

I attended NRF's first AC last Friday! Received an invitation three weeks ago.
Reply 195
Hi,

Has anyone applied for a summer vac scheme with jones day?
Anyone know which firms where you won't be apply to for a TC in the summer, if you're rejected for a vac scheme?
[QUOTE="abc91;51484195"]
Original post by thomasllf
Did anyone who applied to Cleary Gottlieb receive a receipt for their application?

Cleary will likely be a rejection if you have not heard yet as their open day assessment is on November 10th (tomorrow). Sucks I know.

Really? I sent my application 3 days ago... Are you sure they don't hold another assessment day? It seems odd that they wouldn't given the deadline for the summer vacation scheme is 28 Jan? Are you thinking of the winter vacation scheme, perhaps?
Reply 198
Hey everyone, thought this thread is great to keep a tab on things/progress and law firm's outcomes!

So far i've only applied for winter vac schemes seeing as i'm in my final year of law atm:
First year I got a 2:2 unfortunately (all 2:2 bar one which was a borderline 2:1), second year I got a high 2:1 (several firsts with average 2:1s)

I've been rejected by Stephenson Harwood and A&O already - I have also applied for Hogan Lovells, HSF, NRF, Jones Day and Clearly...

All the best to everyone!
Original post by M.E
Hey everyone, thought this thread is great to keep a tab on things/progress and law firm's outcomes!

So far i've only applied for winter vac schemes seeing as i'm in my final year of law atm:
First year I got a 2:2 unfortunately (all 2:2 bar one which was a borderline 2:1), second year I got a high 2:1 (several firsts with average 2:1s)

I've been rejected by Stephenson Harwood and A&O already - I have also applied for Hogan Lovells, HSF, NRF, Jones Day and Clearly...

All the best to everyone!

I'm in the same boat but I've graduated now with a 2:1 so lets see how things go.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending