The Student Room Group

will the UK ever have a somalian prime minister?

what the title says basically.. we've thought about whether or not there'll ever be a female president of USA, but has anyone considered the possibility of a somalian prime minister?
Will the UK ever have a French prime minster?
You have to be 'British' to prime minster of 'Britain'
Will the USA ever have a Canadian president?
Original post by And then...
Will the UK ever have a French prime minster?

Original post by LonelyDemon
You have to be 'British' to prime minster of 'Britain'

Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Will the USA ever have a Canadian president?

A somali can be British and hold citizenship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they're born here and have citizenship, they're not viewed as a Somali, I don't care where they're parents are from.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they were pointing out that it would be rather weird for a British PM to identify himself as 'Somalian' first and foremost. :lol:

I think it isn't likely in our lifetimes at least. By the time it could ever potentially happen, in my opinion, we'd most likely be looking at everyone so mixed race that it wouldn't even be discernible anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And most countries allow dual citizenship. The original question is bloody stupid and should expect stupid replies.
Reply 8
no
they'd be too black
Reply 9
Either way, you'll see a Black PM before you see a Brown PM......Brown people won't want the job. Haha.
Original post by snoop_frog
what the title says basically.. we've thought about whether or not there'll ever be a female president of USA, but has anyone considered the possibility of a somalian prime minister?

Females make up 50% of the US population. Somalis are less than 1% of the British population, and they are also one of the poorest ethnic groups. I don't think there will ever be a Somali prime minister. I'd be surprised if there will be an Asian prime minister within the next 100 years.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
If they're born here and have citizenship, they're not viewed as a Somali, I don't care where they're parents are from.
come off it.. mo farah is not british

Spoiler

Reply 12
Original post by Copperknickers
Females make up 50% of the US population. Somalis are less than 1% of the British population.

Then again so are Etonians.
50% of US are females, # of female presidents = 0

1%< of UK are somalian, # of somalian prime ministers = 0

lets not forget that obama is from kenya (close enough). taking all of that into accoutn i'd say thats a win for somalia tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
come off it.. mo farah is not british

Spoiler

:rofl:

Technically...he is :erm:
50% of US = females, # of female presidents = 0

1%< of UK = somalian, # of somalian presidents = 0

i'd say thats a win for somalia tbh

Hardly, considering women have always been part of the USA, and there were barely any Somalis here before 1990. Besides, not losing by as wide a margin would still not be a win, even if there were not such overwhelming chances against a Somali ever becoming prime minister compared to women (there is only one notable Somali politician in the UK, and he's notable mainly for being staggeringly corrupt. As for women, Hilary Clinton might well end up being the next president of the USA if the Republicans can't find a decent candidate).
Not even just asking for a black one first and foremost, just Somalian. :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Copperknickers
Hardly, considering women have always been part of the USA, and there were barely any Somalis here before 1990.
yet there have still been as many somalian presidents as woman, damn they're good
yet there have still been as many somalian presidents as woman, damn they're good

There have been as many Neptunian mole-people presidents as Somali presidents of the US.

And while we're at it, I personally have won the same number of Academy Awards as Leonardo Di Caprio.

EDIT: It appears I spoke too soon as regards mole people, there's one president right now:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18

Quick Reply

Latest