The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Am I a chav for doing ?

-Remember I got a 6 month contract which was paying very well in 2012.

-I went to Margate with the entire family, grandads, grandmothers, brought best mates etc. People from Holland etc.

(edited 9 years ago)
some bits i didnt like but as a whole, amazing film, loving dem visuals. liked the music too hans zimmer on point.
Original post by Zürich

-Remember I got a 6 month contract which was paying very well in 2012.

What you doing atm?
My brother got a job at the Dutch Embassy in Berlin, English, Dutch, German,Afrikanns, but also Spanish and French. Really nice. He's got a nice flat in Berlin, nice parties.

So I spent the last few days in Berlin. Kreuzberg is nice, and I like a beer....I was singing this in the middle of Berlin man:

About 6 Dutch guys and me singing this outside the Reichstag , feels soooooooooo good man
Original post by jam277
What you doing atm?

Not a thing. Will have to get a job very soon though since I'm running out of money and I could use a purpose in my life to go with my absolutely top education. My brother did languages at Uni and is sorted with a career and that, need to focus my own talents atm....
:

My bro said this about me: ''You look the kind of guy who wants Germany to invade so that you'll have something to do''

I said:'' Nah mate, I'll have started it''
(edited 9 years ago)
Totally cocked up my interview with TPP, back to square one. Made best buds with a Chilean guy from Notts who reminded me of a young Pellegrini though. He was raving about Alexis Sanchez and how he was not being used properly at Barca, we both said hopefully we see each other again (meaning we would both have jobs!).

It's pretty bad out there for a lot of us apparently, he's been looking for a proper job for 2 years.
In all seriousness, the first time I saw the Benson and Hedges scene from Mike Bassett, I literally almost choked laughing.

For those unaware, the England manager wrote his squad selection on the back of a B&H pack of 20 and his secretary picked 'Benson' and 'Hedges' from the conference

(edited 9 years ago)
This entire film is absolute genius. Theyve got a parody of Gazza, Merson, Adams as well and so the official World Cup song is:

''It's on me head son, not off me head son...'''

Hilarious
I love being English...something about walking along the beach in Barcelona sunburnt like a tomato sampling the free cava from the restaurants.

Then you spot the other English lads doing the exact same thing, ''Alright fella'

Brilliant.
As well. I'm one of these guys down the pub who really likes Ireland to do well, with absolutely no connection or blood to Ireland. But then the old Irish guys get excited, and so do I !!!!

Anyone else?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I love being English...something about walking along the beach in Barcelona sunburnt like a tomato sampling the free cava from the restaurants.

Then you spot the other English lads doing the exact same thing, ''Alright fella'

Brilliant.

Got to be honest, most British cities bar London are terrible places (Edinburgh is a good city though). They are basically identikit hellholes full of the worst kinds of the English. Liverpool? Leeds? Manchester? Newcastle? Forget them, I would not be fussed if they sank into the sea. Same with the **** towns surrounding them. Everything about those places is depressing, you know that when they're not even pleasant in the summer.

Durham is the best city in the UK north of London though imo, no place like home. I was born in London but my heart is in this jewel in the north.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Got to be honest, most British cities bar London are terrible places (Edinburgh is a good city though). They are basically identikit hellholes full of the worst kinds of the English. Liverpool? Leeds? Manchester? Newcastle? Forget them, I would not be fussed if they sank into the sea. Same with the **** towns surrounding them. Everything about those places is depressing, you know that when they're not even pleasant in the summer.

Durham is the best city in the UK north of London though imo, no place like home. I was born in London but my heart is in this jewel in the north.

Absolutely certain.

But there is something about that moment when a group of sunburnt English/Scotch/Welsh/Irish see another group abroad and everyone does the drunken nod/smile thing.

Makes me proud to be British
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tom_Ford

Venture out of Durham city centre and you'll notice it's just like all those other cities you described.

York is very similar to Durham too if you like that type of traditional cathedral city. York and Durham are the like Oxford and Cambridge of the north.

I'm in agreement with you though, I think most major cities in the UK are quite unappealing places to live, including London unless you live in zone 1 or West London (i.e. super rich).
The dream is to move to Vancouver, Canada or a nice city in Australia/NZ.
Original post by Isometrix
The dream is to move to Vancouver, Canada or a nice city in Australia/NZ.

Anywhere where there aren't chav/lower class scum is a nice place really.
My brother is very good with languages though. I remember about 12 months back we were driving through Germany discussing the difference between German and Dutch, and he was just like to me ''you do speak German, you just dont know it man. Speak Dutch with a stupid German accent and they'll understand'' We were driving through Limburg and they have a very German way of speaking Dutch(btw you can describe that in one word) and so that was good.

Never knew I could speak German until then. ''Drop a vowel and guess when you dont know the word, youll be close enough'' Went back to Munich speaking Dutch basically with a Bavarian accent, absolutely understood.

My brother is sick with languages though. He has never been to South Africa, just met them and he will speak Afrikaans like a native just by hearing a few mates.
(edited 9 years ago)
You ever seen those muslims in the high street who start ranting about why the Islamic world is better?

2 questions:
Why are you still here?
What gives you the right anyway?

Seriously though, if you fundamentally believe in Islamic Law then just leave the country.You wont be missed.
When an anus departs, the inside farts.
Hate that, just put alot of money on Holland to beat Mexico and now I can't even watch it mate. No streams....

Always easier to be in Amsterdam before you bet

Yea but if Holland dont win, I am ****ed. Against Iceland we were dreadful, but Huntealaar is going to come in tonight....fingers crossed

I really wish I was in Holland tonight man....
(edited 9 years ago)
What's the best gig you guys have been to?

Saw the Libertines when I was 17 at the Kentish Town Forum, was absolutely sick. We got tickets in lower 6th, smuggled some whiskey in and it was happy days

Latest