The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Allen doesn't offer enough in terms of attacking, he is good on the ball and able bring it forward but that's all really. When trying to break defences down he shouldn't be on the field, offers no creativity.
Original post by jam277
Lol Shotsfired must definitely be isambard.

I had a look and couldn't match him to any of the football dupes. It's definitely not IKB (pretty sure he's banned from this section).
Proper jealous of these teams that have great service from out wide, only thing I ever liked about Fergie's early teams. Our crossing is dreadful, and then we have Johnson that never will cross but instead cut in on his left to shoot because he's scored one good goal with his left in his entire career.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Lol Shotsfired must definitely be isambard.

Who's this little stunner in your sig?
Original post by Bubzeh
Who's this little stunner in your sig?

Jhene Aiko. :sogood:
Original post by jam277
Jhene Aiko. :sogood:

A solid 6 out of 10 there pal! :u:
The only saving grace to our poor start to the season is that a lot of other sides have been poor too.

Chelsea - 29
Southampton - 25
Man City - 21
Arsenal - 17
Man Utd - 16
Liverpool/Everton/Spurs - 14

I do think Southampton will slip down the table (playing Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd in a row after Villa). Really does look like 3rd and 4th could be anyone.
Original post by Deshi
Proper jealous of these teams that have great service from out wide, only thing I ever liked about Fergie's early teams. Our crossing is dreadful, and then we have Johnson that never will cross but instead cut in on his left to shoot because he's scored one good goal with his left in his entire career.

Original post by Zerforax
The only saving grace to our poor start to the season is that a lot of other sides have been poor too.

Chelsea - 29
Southampton - 25
Man City - 21
Arsenal - 17
Man Utd - 16
Liverpool/Everton/Spurs - 14

I do think Southampton will slip down the table (playing Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd in a row after Villa). Really does look like 3rd and 4th could be anyone.

chelsea have more than double our points after 11 bloody games...
i'm sorry but for a top 4 aspiring team that's utterly disgraceful.
somehow we're still within touch of united and arsenal - luckily we don't have a "big" team for a while so can hopefully pick up some points before we have to suffer the wrath of Vangoat.

soton have been excellent but will fade to around europa league challenging level imo.
everton and spurs are WAY too poor; we are too but what we have going for us is that our best player will actually be playing for us soon.

spending money in january seems essential to me - do know if we have anything at all left though?
11 points is a lot to make up on Southampton.
Original post by Lúcio
somehow we're still within touch of united and arsenal - luckily we don't have a "big" team for a while so can hopefully pick up some points before we have to suffer the wrath of Vangoat.

soton have been excellent but will fade to around europa league challenging level imo.
everton and spurs are WAY too poor; we are too but what we have going for us is that our best player will actually be playing for us soon.

spending money in january seems essential to me - do know if we have anything at all left though?

But Balotelli is already playing for you guys, he is your best player :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

Posted from TSR Mobile

Y u say dis :frown:
With Rafa and Callejon next season, Liverpool will win the league. Don't worry.
Original post by Lúcio

Well Chelsea are looking to win the title. After 11 games we should really be around 22 so we're off par but it's only after game 19 that you get a decent view of the table. Also Chelsea are in amazing form so I wouldn't be surprised if they dip at some point too.

Original post by Mackay
11 points is a lot to make up on Southampton.

Southampton's coming fixtures:
Aston Villa (A)
Man City (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)

Who knows, maybe they will surprise us and do well against those teams but equally you could see them picking up like only 2 points.

Original post by Bubzeh
With Rafa and Callejon next season, Liverpool will win the league. Don't worry.

After a poor start he's got them playing well again.
Decent tally last season with 78 points - comfortably 3rd. Also won Coppa Italia and last 16 of Europa League.

Hope he has another solid season this year and then you'd feel like he's building up his reputation again. I can't imagine he'll stay at Napoli for years since there is a ceiling to their ambition.
Callejon would actually be a good signing for you lot. Can see him doing very well for you guys.
International break, for the first time ever, is actually a welcome distraction from the shambles of our club.
Original post by Lúcio

We have key players out injured too.
Original post by jam277
Callejon would actually be a good signing for you lot. Can see him doing very well for you guys.

I can't see Napoli selling for cheap. He'll only have 2 years left in the summer but no doubt they will give him a new bumper contract within the next 6-8 months.
We are better than liverpool at the moment in my opinion. When we've won we have looked far more convincing and many of the games that we have lost or drawn we've been the least fortunate team. That may change when Sturridge gets back, but in most of the key positions, we have the better options.

Quick Reply

Latest