The Student Room Group

Do Toni & Guy salons cater for Men?

I am going to the Westfield London branch of Toni & Guy this week, because I want a hairstyle like Marco Reus.

Do you think they cater for men, and do you think the average NVQ-idiot that works there would be able to get my hair like Reus?

If you were asking for this hairstyle, what would ask for? Number 3 on the sides with a combover?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You're a guy who's going to a salon who are used to cutting female hair. Expect to be butchered and expect to pay over the odds for the name Toni and Guy. The best thing you could possibly do is find a barbers.

You should never ever need to tell your barber what number clippers to use if youre showing them reference.
Original post by And then...
You're a guy who's going to a salon who are used to cutting female hair. Expect to be butchered and expect to pay over the odds for the name Toni and Guy. The best thing you could possibly do is find a barbers.

You should never ever need to tell your barber what number clippers to use if youre showing them reference.

Barbers are not going to want to style my hair are they! They just do short back and sides...or at least they do in my town.
Just show them a picture of Reus
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Barbers are not going to want to style my hair are they! They just do short back and sides...or at least they do in my town.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. And to be honest I don't blame you, too many places are churning out the same short back and sides.

I'd be heading down to the Windmill street branch of Sharps barbers if I was in central London, Frank was trained as a hair stylist and gradually moved into barbering he's top dog out there and came an unannounced 2nd in this years barber of the year. At least try a quality barber before you dismiss it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Do you think they cater for men??

They do indeed.

Dude, you need to get with the times. Toni&Guy are a unisex company.
Original post by Balloon Baboon
They do indeed.

Doesn't mean the service is good.
Doesn't mean the service is good.

No, the fact that they've been open since 1963 does. :smile:
Also I can guarantee I know more about men's haircuts than you. People only go to Toni & Guy for the name. All the Footballers in my area use the barbershop, you're behind the times if you think the barbershop only churns out short back and sides. People who do men's cuts everyday and are surrounded by other barbers all day are going to be better at cutting hair than a unisex salon.

Just because they've been open that long means nothing, sure they're good for women's haircuts I'm not saying there not. How longs McDonald's been open?
Also I can guarantee I know more about men's haircuts than you.

That's a BIIIIIIG statement.
That's a BIIIIIIG statement.

Its really not.
Its really not.

Facts are based on evidence. :wink:
Facts are based on evidence. :wink:

The fact that you're advising a male to go to Toni & Guy shows you have no idea what ypure talking about when it comes to men's hair.
The fact that you're advising a male to go to Toni & Guy shows you have no idea what ypure talking about when it comes to men's hair.

Please, do extend your theory. :biggrin:
I used Toni and Guy once, and was far from impressed. I had the impression that because I only wanted something fairly simple, my stylist resented me for it.

I also find run-of-the-mill barbers to be not to the standard I want.

For about the last 5 years I've used SuperCuts, as they strike a fine balance between the two extremes.
Please, do extend your theory. :biggrin:

Every hair stylist will tell you the same thing. The assistant manager of Toni & Guy at Oxford circus admits he can't cut as well as the decent barbers. But I'm not here to change your mind you clearly know what you're talking about.
But I'm not here to change your mind you clearly know what you're talking about.

It's actually opinion based. Just like everyone else. :smile:
I always cut and dye my own hair. The last time I did it, it wasn't far off the picture in the OP, actually. It might "not look as good" compared to if I shelled out, but I''m more likely to get what I want, and I'm always happy with it :smile:
Just moved this into the Fashion & Beauty hair forum :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest