The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TritonSails
I did mine on Sunday afternoon and had heard back by 10 this morning.

that you had passed or failed? if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by thursdayJ
that you had passed or failed? if you don't mind me asking?

I passed, luckily!
Original post by GManTheGMan
I'm not too sure about how the economist stream works, but for me the placements and training opportunities will be a huge help in getting through competency interviews in the future. It's also great for networking and there is a high probability I will go straight into a promotion at the end and a good possibility that I will go straight in 2 grades up ready to prepare to apply for grade 6.

Government recruitment will be opening up (hopefully) but when I applied it was not easy to get into the civil service at any pay grade. The fast stream's a great way in!

What do you mean by "go straight in 2 grades up"? I thought Grade 7 was the next step from the Fast Stream
Thanks for letting me know and well done! I must be in the middle then - now comes the waiting.
I'm waiting too, did mine early Saturday afternoon! At least it's not a fail...yet!
Original post by ParetoOptimum
What do you mean by "go straight in 2 grades up"? I thought Grade 7 was the next step from the Fast Stream

Fast stream is HEO-equivalent. The next step up is SEO. In my stream I should end up in SEO preparing to interview for grade 7. Or if I am kept on for a fourth year, go straight into grade 7. (This is for the DaT stream)
I didn't pass the online tests. is it possible for me to get a breakdown of how I did in numerical and verbal reasoning ?
Original post by Rosewal
I didn't pass the online tests. is it possible for me to get a breakdown of how I did in numerical and verbal reasoning ?

Yeah may aswell ask for feedback, email them and get your results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fast stream is HEO-equivalent. The next step up is SEO. In my stream I should end up in SEO preparing to interview for grade 7. Or if I am kept on for a fourth year, go straight into grade 7. (This is for the DaT stream)

Ah yeah I forgot about that. So when you say Fast Stream is HEO equivalent, do you mean that on average a Fast Streamer will spend 3/4 years as HEO? And what does DaT stand for? Sorry for all these questions!

I'm interested in this. Where did you find that information out about the DaT stream? I've applied for that as well.
FSAC on the 1st of December for Central Departments. That seems very soon...

EDIT: Ahhh--it's the 12th of January. I misread the date.
(edited 9 years ago)
Do Generalist Fast Stream careers in central departments, the diplomatic service, Parliament, and science and engineering have the same pass marks for e-tray?
Original post by Rick7777
I'm interested in this. Where did you find that information out about the DaT stream? I've applied for that as well.

I'm on the DaT fast stream and that is the situation at present.
FSAC on the 15th Jan for the NI scheme. Seems to be very competitive, how do we best prepare for the day.

I have begun thinking about the interview but is there anymore literature about the other activities etc
Original post by ParetoOptimum
Ah yeah I forgot about that. So when you say Fast Stream is HEO equivalent, do you mean that on average a Fast Streamer will spend 3/4 years as HEO? And what does DaT stand for? Sorry for all these questions!

The fast stream has its own grade which is generally called HEO(D) and is equivalent to HEO (but not necessarily in pay). DaT is 'digital and technology'. The DaT stream is 3 or 4 years depending on whether you get selected for a 4th leadership year. The generalist fast stream is 4 years.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm on the DaT fast stream and that is the situation at present.

Is D&T more competitive? In fact, I am unsuccessful on e-tray for Generalist Fast Stream and still waiting for D&T Fast Stream Scheme’s outcomes. Is it possible that a candidate is immediately unsuccessful on Generalist Fast Stream and passes the other, e.g. D&T?
Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad
Do Generalist Fast Stream careers in central departments, the diplomatic service, Parliament, and science and engineering have the same pass marks for e-tray?

Yep, the whole GFS scheme has one pass mark at e-tray. The options will have different FSAC pass marks though, ie. it is possible to pass for CD but not DS.
(edited 9 years ago)
Is D&T more competitive? In fact, I am unsuccessful on e-tray for Generalist Fast Stream and still waiting for D&T Fast Stream Scheme’s outcomes. Is it possible that a candidate is immediately unsuccessful on Generalist Fast Stream and passes the other, e.g. D&T?

Yes, I believe it's possible. The FSAC score cut-offs are definitely different. I'm not sure whether they filter to get a certain skill-level, or so that only a certain number of candidates get through. Not as many people apply for DaT, in the past the FSAC cut-off has been lower, but there is a final selection board after FSAC which focuses specifically on interest and knowledge in the digital sector.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kat.lev
Yep, the whole GFS scheme has one pass mark. The options will have different FSAC pass marks though, ie. it is possible to pass for CD but not DS.

Have you heard back on your e-tray?
Have you heard back on your e-tray?

Nope....

To be honest, as the first batch of results were only released last Monday, I am not expecting to hear until at least next week!

Remember that we might not hear until Christmas! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending