The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by szm95
If I were to send my UCAS application off in December, how long to you reckon it will take for Universities to get back to me? I really hope that if I get an offer by Manchester I don't have to go on an interview.

It depends on the universities you applied to, and what course. Some unis reply quicker than others, and courses with high demand may take a bit longer for offers to come through. Also, for Manchester, only some subjects have interviews, for example Science subjects such as Physics may require an interview.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by rachelc142
Anybody else got physics interview / applicant day this tuesday (11th) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! Nervous, wearing a suit to boost my confidence (and it's an excuse :P)!
Original post by Garmort
Me! Nervous, wearing a suit to boost my confidence (and it's an excuse :P)!

I am terrified :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guarantee you; it will be better than you expect! What exactly are you applying for?
Original post by Garmort
I guarantee you; it will be better than you expect! What exactly are you applying for?

Maths and physics :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths and physics :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! :-D do not worry about being nervous, honestly, if anyone was not at all nervous they'd either be stupid or lying! :-)
On my way to Manchester for my interview D: so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm on my way too (train); getting more scared the closer I get!
Original post by Garmort
I'm on my way too (train); getting more scared the closer I get!

Me too, about to catch my second train then when I arrive there I will finally be on the train to Manchester :smile: me too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too, about to catch my second train then when I arrive there I will finally be on the train to Manchester :smile: me too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We can do this! Is Manchester your first choice? My train arrives early as it was the cheapest, getting there 10:15 :-(
Original post by Garmort
We can do this! Is Manchester your first choice? My train arrives early as it was the cheapest, getting there 10:15 :-(

Well apart from Cambridge but I won't get an offer from them so realistic first choice yeah :tongue: ahh damn, I get in about 11 I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 551
Is it pretty common for people to have Manchester as a second choice to oxbridge? I've seen a lot of it... honestly I didn't realize it was well respected but it sounds like it is.

I also have been thinking that for me (i already have an offer from Manchester, nothing from Cambridge).

Im international so I don't know much about Manchester.
I'm the same! I've got to try for Cambridge though I feel, never know otherwise :-P
Lucky! My train is from South Wales up so had to get the cheapest. :-P
Original post by Dster77
Is it pretty common for people to have Manchester as a second choice to oxbridge? I've seen a lot of it... honestly I didn't realize it was well respected but it sounds like it is.

I also have been thinking that for me (i already have an offer from Manchester, nothing from Cambridge).

Im international so I don't know much about Manchester.

I'd be interested in knowing this as well..I thought that Imperial/UCL were the main alternatives after Oxbridge but Manchester is quite highly regarded for some subjects I think ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I'd be interested in knowing this as well..I thought that Imperial/UCL were the main alternatives after Oxbridge but Manchester is quite highly regarded for some subjects I think ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester has a great reputation for the sciences, particularly physics, due to the postgrad research that happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester has a great reputation for the sciences, particularly physics, due to the postgrad research that happens

Posted from TSR Mobile

So would Imperial/UCL graduates have advantages in gaining a job over a Manchester graduate in physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
So would Imperial/UCL graduates have advantages in gaining a job over a Manchester graduate in physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probs not, its the only physics department in the uk to have a regis professor granted by the queen and 2 nobel prizewinners in one department

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probs not, its the only physics department in the uk to have a regis professor granted by the queen and 2 nobel prizewinners in one department

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's not lying, I saw the guy say it! And well done for both you and myself (and any others there today who see this) as we all have offers :-D
Got mail that they are considering the application- I've applied for Earth Sciences- for how long did you wait for an offer?
Original post by Garmort
She's not lying, I saw the guy say it! And well done for both you and myself (and any others there today who see this) as we all have offers :-D

Haha yeah you too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending