The Student Room Group

Birmingham A101 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
when do grads generally hear from bham about interviews? seems like loads of undergrads have interviews already!
Reply 21
Original post by kh1912
when do grads generally hear from bham about interviews? seems like loads of undergrads have interviews already!

Wondering this too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by AishaNeuro
Wondering this too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

i suppose no news is good news :/ where else have you applied?
Reply 23
Original post by kh1912
i suppose no news is good news :/ where else have you applied?

Bham and Imperial (grad) Leeds, and Keele. Yourself?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
when are interviews held and when do they send out invites?
Just got an email direct from Bham letting me know they are still reviewing my application - got me all worked up thinking it was the rejection/interview email, wonder why it's taking them longer to select interview candidates than it did for the undergrads :-s
Reply 26
Original post by MickyVee
Just got an email direct from Bham letting me know they are still reviewing my application - got me all worked up thinking it was the rejection/interview email, wonder why it's taking them longer to select interview candidates than it did for the undergrads :-s

Ditto! Scared the life outta me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by AishaNeuro
Ditto! Scared the life outta me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ditto - I thought that I had received a rejection email! I think that it's taking longer for us because they're probably going over our applications in detail.
Reply 28
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This is all.
Reply 29

Was it the one that said this '

We're still reviewing your application, and you can keep up to date with any progress by visiting the UCAS track website'?
Original post by kh1912
Was it the one that said this '

We're still reviewing your application, and you can keep up to date with any progress by visiting the UCAS track website'?

It was indeed :-)
Reply 31
Guys, what are your stats? Just wanted to know how realistic my chances are in getting an interview. Competition is so high!
GCSEs 11A* 2A
3 A levels (AAA) 2AS (AA) (A* didn't exist when I did them)

1st class (just) undergraduate MSci in Narural Sciences (biology with pharmacology)

Not sure what other 'stats' are looked at, currently working as a healthcare assistant in hospital
Reply 33
GCSEs 11A* 2A
3 A levels (AAA) 2AS (AA) (A* didn't exist when I did them)

1st class (just) undergraduate MSci in Narural Sciences (biology with pharmacology)

Not sure what other 'stats' are looked at, currently working as a healthcare assistant in hospital

Oh god, I think I should give up now haha!
Original post by kh1912
Oh god, I think I should give up now haha!

But my personal statement was rubbish and UKCAT was average (didn't do BMAT or GAMSAT) so this is pretty much my only hope - and also happens to be my favourite so literally everything is crossed :-p
Reply 35
But my personal statement was rubbish and UKCAT was average (didn't do BMAT or GAMSAT) so this is pretty much my only hope - and also happens to be my favourite so literally everything is crossed :-p

Same about ukcat/bmat/gamsat!
You never know about personal statements though t could be great! Where else did you apply?
Reply 36
I've mentioned my stats in an earlier post. I'm currently working as an imaging assistant and I'm worried that I might be at a disadvantage compared to applicants who work as HCAs. This is because I don't get as much patient contact besides helping patients get ready for scans and acting as a chaperone for anxious patients.
Reply 37
Original post by hawflo
I've mentioned my stats in an earlier post. I'm currently working as an imaging assistant and I'm worried that I might be at a disadvantage compared to applicants who work as HCAs. This is because I don't get as much patient contact besides helping patients get ready for scans and acting as a chaperone for anxious patients.

I'm not working in a patient contact role at all which worries me too. I am fortunate to be able to assist with personal care in my volunteering though and am waiting for a start date for a job in the nhs which is still
Relevant experience I think, even if we are working in the background!
Original post by kh1912
Same about ukcat/bmat/gamsat!
You never know about personal statements though t could be great! Where else did you apply?

Bristol (rejected), Warwick and Barts - unfortunately there were very few GEM courses that actually focused on exams/degree so I had to go with 2 UKCAT ones
Reply 39
Bristol (rejected), Warwick and Barts - unfortunately there were very few GEM courses that actually focused on exams/degree so I had to go with 2 UKCAT ones

Birmingham was my only GEM choice so got my fingers crossed for it as my UKCAT was rubbish so wouldn't have been any good for the UKCAT unis :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending