The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by limpan142
When applying for ICAP, what do they mean with "supporting document"? Is it a cover letter or my grade transcripts?

Thanks

Cover letter, yes.
This might be a silly question but are all of you aiming for gs/jpm as first choices?

I went to a recent talk with a bb, and then a week later to a gs talk, and the number difference was almost trebled. It just seems that many care simply about prestige, seeing as quite a few people at the gs talk didn't even know most of the divisions.
Very simple guys. President ME I did laugh at that comment about struggling for cover letters. I am a second year student, I did spring weeks last year, I applied to 9 and I got 8. So believe me when I say I don't need material. I am helping HR spot talent. Simple as. Having worked many recruiting fairs with HR I am putting in recommendations. I used the student room last year and whilst I didn't gain much benefit, some of the people I spoke to were great candidates who didn't get offers- so I'm trying to help out. If you don't feel comfortable sending anything, then don't worry, I'm not going to lose out either way. I wish you guys all the best with your applications, spring weeks truly are worth their weight in gold. X
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1603
Anyone heard back from BAML?
Original post by Mdhu
Anyone heard back from BAML?

Not yet brother. Post Interview.
Original post by RobertJWild
Not yet brother. Post Interview.

So you had an interview? What kind of tests did you have to take?
Original post by Jadek11
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red102\green102\blue102;\red227\green227\blue227;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl380\partightenfactor0

No, the only one I had in my 'Tasks' area was the one I described above. Do you have to do a numerical one then?

Okay. I haven't sent my application yet...
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
So you had an interview? What kind of tests did you have to take?

Numerical to complete the application form which also includes a few questions you have to answer. As for the interview, your standard questions assessing your motivations for wanting to work in this field. Have a look at Wiki Jobs.
Numerical to complete the application form which also includes a few questions you have to answer. As for the interview, your standard questions assessing your motivations for wanting to work in this field. Have a look at Wiki Jobs.

How'd the interview go?
Original post by Anonynous
How'd the interview go?

Hey,

Not bad. Interviewer was friendly and I believe my motivations were in line with what is expected from any student genuinely interested in their firm and IBD :cool:
Hey,

Not bad. Interviewer was friendly and I believe my motivations were in line with what is expected from any student genuinely interested in their firm and IBD :cool:

Well played, all the best.
Reply 1611
Hi everyone! how are SW applications going? Has anyone heard back from any banks/received any interviews?
So, I guess I'm f****d, considering this numerical test score at RBS?

I thought it was easy, but I took more time than I needed just because I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up. (I thought time didn't matter)...
Well played, all the best.

Thanks bud :smile:
When applying for Deutsche Bank CB&S (Corporate Banking & Securities) Spring Insight Programme, there is a question that says:

Briefly explain the main role of your division of choice, how it contributes to the Bank and why you are interested in working in this division (Max 150 words)*.

Are we supposed to choose either "Corporate Banking" or "Securities"? Or do they expect us to explain the main roles of both Corporate Banking & Securities? Thanks!

When applying for Deutsche Bank CB&S (Corporate Banking & Securities) Spring Insight Programme, there is a question that says:

Briefly explain the main role of your division of choice, how it contributes to the Bank and why you are interested in working in this division (Max 150 words)*.

Are we supposed to choose either "Corporate Banking" or "Securities"? Or do they expect us to explain the main roles of both Corporate Banking & Securities? Thanks!

Might be wrong but I'd go with both Corporate Banking & Securities :wink:
Might be wrong but I'd go with both Corporate Banking & Securities :wink:

That was my initial thought as well. Anyone who has already applied and can answer with certainty?
So, I guess I'm f****d, considering this numerical test score at RBS?

I thought it was easy, but I took more time than I needed just because I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up. (I thought time didn't matter)...

That's pretty bad.
That's pretty bad.

I noticed earlier that the results was from my first numerical (the one everyone thinks is really hard).

I received this email earlier, so I'm still in the game:

"We're pleased to advise that you've been successful in your online testing, and that we remain extremely interested in your application.

We're currently completing a high number of assessments across all divisions, and there will be a delay in progressing your application onto telephone assessment.

We do remain very interested in progressing your application and will remain in contact with you for regular updates.

Thanks again for your application with us and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind Regards,

RBS Early Career Recruitment Team"
I noticed earlier that the results was from my first numerical (the one everyone thinks is really hard).

I received this email earlier, so I'm still in the game:

"We're pleased to advise that you've been successful in your online testing, and that we remain extremely interested in your application.

We're currently completing a high number of assessments across all divisions, and there will be a delay in progressing your application onto telephone assessment.

We do remain very interested in progressing your application and will remain in contact with you for regular updates.

Thanks again for your application with us and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind Regards,

RBS Early Career Recruitment Team"

I recieved the same email. I think it's generic after passing the online tests. I had a a score of ~60