The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quick question. Roughly how many words is everyone's cover letters? I feel mine are too long, largest at 750 words

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1621
Original post by Anonynous
That's pretty bad.

How? It says he's better than 20% of the 2013 grad and intern intake surely?
Original post by B-Stacks
Quick question. Roughly how many words is everyone's cover letters? I feel mine are too long, largest at 750 words

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around the same.

Original post by CD315
How? It says he's better than 20% of the 2013 grad and intern intake surely?

Grad and intern intake?

It suggests his ability is better than 20% of everyone who sat the test. That's like.. below average.

If his ability was better that 70% of individuals who sat the test, than that's above average, for instance.
Reply 1623
Original post by Anonynous
Around the same.

Grad and intern intake?

It suggests his ability is better than 20% of everyone who sat the test. That's like.. below average.

If his ability was better that 70% of individuals who sat the test, than that's above average, for instance.

"Comparison Group: RBS Graduate and Intern 2013" - how do you know this is everyone who sat it?
Original post by B-Stacks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speaking to HR at various banks, I understood that cover letters should not exceed one side

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the closing date for Barclays? Or if it is rolling?
Original post by CD315
"Comparison Group: RBS Graduate and Intern 2013" - how do you know this is everyone who sat it?

It's of all the people that sat the test, not specifically the intake as you said. RBS Graduate and Intern refers to the available programmes the company offers.
Original post by elvynboro
Does anyone know the closing date for Barclays? Or if it is rolling?

It's rolling, friend.
To anyone that's finished the UBS application, I'm being asked early on for a second preference division/location (before indicating a first preference). I'm guessing I leave that blank?
Has anyone had an interview yet for ibd?
Touched on this a while back, but does the whole apply in your 2nd year apply if you're doing a masters that isn't an extension of your undergrad degree, such as MMath or Natural Sciences at certain institutions. Currently studying a social science (3 years) but have plans to do a business related masters at the same university straight afterwards, and wondered if I should be putting off the SW apps until next year.
Original post by Selym95
Touched on this a while back, but does the whole apply in your 2nd year apply if you're doing a masters that isn't an extension of your undergrad degree, such as MMath or Natural Sciences at certain institutions. Currently studying a social science (3 years) but have plans to do a business related masters at the same university straight afterwards, and wondered if I should be putting off the SW apps until next year.

You need to apply this year. Next year you need to apply for summer internships.

You'd only apply in second year if it was an integrated masters.
Original post by liarpoker
You need to apply this year. Next year you need to apply for summer internships.

You'd only apply in second year if it was an integrated masters.

Thanks for the clarification. Shame that, pretty envious of those 4 year students who have a ridiculous advantage from their extra year
Original post by Selym95
Thanks for the clarification. Shame that, pretty envious of those 4 year students who have a ridiculous advantage from their extra year

I don't actually think the above poster is correct...
If you are *certain* you'll be doing a masters, you'll be a 2018 grad and do springs weeks in 2016, internship in 2017 and graduate in 2018

If you do a spring week, now, you'll either do two sets of spring weeks or two sets of summer internships. The latter would be you'd be rolling in it as in no way a bad thing (obviously you'd tell banks that you'd 'changed your mind' re doing an internship) the only problem is being deceitful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone has taken RBS Situational Judgement Test and could tell me how long it takes to get an invitation for numericals? Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Manuelle
Anyone has taken RBS Situational Judgement Test and could tell me how long it takes to get an invitation for numericals? Thank you. :smile:

Takes a few days
Reply 1636
Anyone hear back from UBS after taking their numerical and logical tests?
Original post by ramba1
Anyone hear back from UBS after taking their numerical and logical tests?

Apparently its a good sign if you haven't heard in over a week, cos they usually reject within 5 days, but they haven't started reviewing apps yet
Reply 1638
Ok, thanks. So do you think that means I've passed the online testing stage?
Also I applied to JP Morgan in over a week and haven't heard anything from them (not even regarding tests). Is this common?
Original post by ramba1
Ok, thanks. So do you think that means I've passed the online testing stage?
Also I applied to JP Morgan in over a week and haven't heard anything from them (not even regarding tests). Is this common?

They don't screen till after deadlines.

Latest

Trending

Trending