The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Millerman
My offer at LSE is for management, I agree course does matter but within reason. For example a lot of people that do chemistry and physics degrees become accountants and actuaries.

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking when did you apply? Have you completed your A levels already?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hey, has anyone heard back for Sociology yet?
Original post by Rafael_96
Anyone else here applying for Economics and/with Economic History? (besides the people I've already spoke to :smile:)

I have (Economics and Economic History)! When did you submit your application, if you don't mind me asking? I submitted mine on 9th October!
Hi guys,

I've applied for straight Economics in LSE about a month ago now. I'm currently doing the IB Diploma with predictions of HL Maths - 7, HL Economics - 7, HL History - 7, SL English A - 7, SL French B - 6, SL Chemistry - 7 and three extra points (TOK - A, Extended Essay in Maths - A)

I really want to go to LSE, it would definitely be my firm choice if I got the offer! Is there anyone else with similar qualifications applying for Economics? Do you think I have a chance of getting in?
Original post by harrypotterfan6
I have (Economics and Economic History)! When did you submit your application, if you don't mind me asking? I submitted mine on 9th October!

I've completed my application entirely, my new 6th form should send my application within the next week hopefully so aiming for < Nov.20th send off date :smile: I had to give time for the new school to give accurate A* predictions! may I ask what your academic profile is like? AS grades, A2 predictions?
Reply 665
Have LSE sent out offers for Economics and Economic History?
Original post by groovyd97
It's been 15 days since my 2 week email, should I be worried or is the timeframe just approximate? :s-smilie:

That's exactly what I'm thinking, except it's been more like 3 weeks no..
Original post by groovyd97
It's been 15 days since my 2 week email, should I be worried or is the timeframe just approximate? :s-smilie:

Don't worry about it, I didn't get my 8 week email until 3-4 weeks after the 2 week one! :smile:
Oh, isn't it the time for lots of this 4 letter word ..... LUCK? :smile:
Original post by jwl97

I've only got the 8 week email like last week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 670
Hei there. I've ended up applying to LSE, it was hard to decide though. I'm not even sure I can get in, I wanted to try it though as it was starting to become a fixation, it was appearing in my dreams. I wanted at least a top uni on my list. Well, all of them are good though :biggrin: It's hard to know if I'm eligible as I have an exam that doesn't really get mentioned. But I'll try!! Haha now I just hope I'll at least be accepted to one uni.

How are you feeling during this waiting period? For those that haven't already said
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone receive offers for Accounting and Finance? What are your predicted grades and when did you send your applications?
Reply 672
Anyone else here applying for Economics and/with Economic History? (besides the people I've already spoke to :smile:)

Me! I sent my application off on the 10th and got my 8 week email a week later.. Now the waiting game
Original post by jwl97

I got a rejection email within 3 weeks of sending off my application
Hi, is there anyone applying for Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method? If yes, what are your grades and when did you apply? :smile: I appplied on the 9th October, got 12 weeks, 2 weeks and 8 weeks emails (the 8-week one on the 23 rd October, though). Or maybe you happen to know someone who has already been offered a place?
Original post by Econ95
Me! I sent my application off on the 10th and got my 8 week email a week later.. Now the waiting game

What are your AS/A2 grades may I ask? Also did you talk about Econ history much in your personal statement, how much did you dedicate to it?
Original post by Reacher65
I got a rejection email within 3 weeks of sending off my application

What do you think happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 677
Hi everyone,

I will fly to London to vist the applicants open day at KCL on 2nd December, if I get shortlisted for an Oxford interview I will have to be there by 6 December. This leaves me with a few days in between to explore London. Does anyone know whether it is possible to visit LSE or UCL during those days. I have never been to those universities so it would be nice to have a look around.
Thanks in advance!
Reply 678
What are your AS/A2 grades may I ask? Also did you talk about Econ history much in your personal statement, how much did you dedicate to it?

I'm applying post A level so my A2 grades are A*A*AA,I wrote a little about economic history but predominately my personal statement was more leaned towards pure economics because all of my other choices are pure econ. How about you? These 2/8 week notifications are agonising! Id rather just know the outcome at the end!
Reply 679
Original post by Adriaan
Hi everyone,

I will fly to London to vist the applicants open day at KCL on 2nd December, if I get shortlisted for an Oxford interview I will have to be there by 6 December. This leaves me with a few days in between to explore London. Does anyone know whether it is possible to visit LSE or UCL during those days. I have never been to those universities so it would be nice to have a look around.
Thanks in advance!

Hi there

You will have more than enough time- all 3 universities are within (approximately) a 30 minute walk from each other.

If you're not to keen on walking all 3 universities are accessible by "the Tube" (the train service operating in London) and by local bus services.

It would be possible to visit all three universities in one day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending