The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Master219
Thanks.
yh all interviews are in first three weeks of December, varies from college to college wt the set dates or weeks are but generally yh.
u can actually check the number that applied to each college for diff courses, got offers etc on this website:

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/

dw lol u guys will get an interview, I mean I only got avg 92.5%UMS!!!! Ur ones are like high 90's so trust lol. They said they deselect ppl for interview if they hav below 90%UMS in general so....

Thanks for the link!
When's your interview?
Original post by a123a
Thanks for the link!
When's your interview?

Its on the 9th december, nerve-racking
Reply 242
Original post by Master219
Its on the 9th december, nerve-racking

Wow good luck! At least you know you have one!
Just saw the statistics and St John's college has gone from 117 applicants in 2013 to 72 for this year! I'm slightly more relieved :redface:
Original post by a123a
Just saw the statistics and St John's college has gone from 117 applicants in 2013 to 72 for this year! I'm slightly more relieved :redface:

told you!!!
we have 75 applying to downing... always high :frown:
Reply 244
Original post by JackTeh96
told you!!!

Huh? :confused:
ohhhh, Downing gone up? Still your stats are amazing even if 1000 people applied for that college! You have to be in the top 20% of applicants applying for med at Downing at least!
What are the chances of getting in after interview stage at Lucy Cav for a grad? 3:1? or 2:1 ?
told you!!!

1 less than last year :wink:
Anyone heard anything from Queens' yet?
Original post by a123a
Huh? :confused:
ohhhh, Downing gone up? Still your stats are amazing even if 1000 people applied for that college! You have to be in the top 20% of applicants applying for med at Downing at least!

My stats are terrible, not amazing.... and the dreadful BMAT....

Original post by aprocrastinator
1 less than last year :wink:

yeah i know... thats way too competitive...
Original post by Katherine1996

nop
Hey guys, joining late I know, but better late than never!

stats

When can we expect interview invitations/rejections to be sent out?

Ooh nearly forgot, any Churchill lot out here?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 251
My stats are terrible, not amazing.... and the dreadful BMAT....

yeah i know... thats way too competitive...

:eek: don't doubt yourself! Just stay positive; I know it's hard to do that but it makes the experience less stressful. There's no point giving yourself extra stress. :smile:
Selwyn down from 39 applicants to 33, also have you seen how huge the overall drop in Cambridge med applicants is? It's like 15%
Original post by a123a

Thanks
Generally, this is how it roles: one yr there r tooo many applicants so the nxt yr ppl look and they r like no way am i applying there, then in that yr there is a drop in applicants to that college cuz everyone thought it was soo competitive, then the nxt yr ppl see that not many ppl applied, so they want to apply cuz they think its not soo comletitive and u get a huge rise in no of applicants etc..... (sometimes not huge but noticeable)
gd luck!!
(edited 9 years ago)
The graduate applicants has actually gone up to 474.
Original post by BenedikTHyland
You should be very very worried. For medicine You need an average score of 8.2, 7.6, 5A to get into ANY medicine course never mind Cambridge. I would reccomend you leave this thread, you will never get in. I will probabaly get in, i got almost all A* and 845 on UKCAT. Also im probably going to get in if your the competition.

Original post by BenedikTHyland
OMG SO HAPPY"!!!!!!! I managed to pull off a miracle. I didn't even revise because I was ill and managed to get 845! yes 845 on the UKCAT. Sorry I just wanted to gloat ive seen some ppl get below 800 LOL. Its going to be EZPZ to get in

:troll:
Original post by Katherine1996

Yup just got an interview. :smile: And yourself?
How can they offer an interview without BMAT results, what if someone gets an interview and happens to have really low BMAT score?
Original post by bumbledore
Yup just got an interview. :smile: And yourself?

Same, it came when I finally stopped watching my emails! :smile:
So nervous to hear from St John's, but so glad that the number of applicants has gone down from 117 last year to 72 this year! :smile: anyone else waiting to hear from John's?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending