I have half of my offers :smile:

Spoke to alow today. He told me he's 'ever so average' at Cambridge :lol:

Probably not good news for us haha.

you applied to 4 only?

Or 6, and broke ucas? :smug:

applied to 5, have nothing so far...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Why wouldn't it be good news? :tongue:

Well I know why you're saying that but idk, I don't think it's bad news :colone:

I hope he was being modest and meant "I'm average with the people that are heading towards a 1st" :rofl:

I'm certain he's far better at maths than I am, and was better at maths than I will be, and he said he's finding the maths difficult :lol:

One of my Classics teachers went to Cambridge and came out with a 1st, she said it's harder for Arts students to get a 1st, but no one really fails Arts. With sciences, more people get 1st but more people also fail so I suppose the standard deviation is a bit larger for science (is that correct usage of SD? I'm bad at stats :lol:)

Original post by Guills on wheels
you applied to 4 only?

Or 6, and broke ucas? :smug:

applied to 5, have nothing so far...

Applied to 4\sqrt4
Original post by StarvingAutist
Eh, I don't think people suffer from psychopathy.. they thrive on it.

ok
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
ok

Uh, ok
Original post by Bude8
I hope he was being modest and meant "I'm average with the people that are heading towards a 1st" :rofl:

I'm certain he's far better at maths than I am, and was better at maths than I will be, and he said he's finding the maths difficult :lol:

One of my Classics teachers went to Cambridge and came out with a 1st, she said it's harder for Arts students to get a 1st, but no one really fails Arts. With sciences, more people get 1st but more people also fail so I suppose the standard deviation is a bit larger for science (is that correct usage of SD? I'm bad at stats :lol:)

Applied to 4\sqrt4

ah right.

I applied to √3.
ok

Uh, ok

okay.
Original post by Bude8

Applied to 4\sqrt4

Hmmmm... I think everyone's average at Cambridge relative to each other? And you get the few like woah ones.

One can only try. I don't see what can be hard about maths if you're taught the rules. After that it's just how long you take to tackle a problem.

If it was pure maths then that'd be different as you need to be able to prove things and such.

Yeah standard deviation is higher works there :tongue:
ok

?????
hey As any started getting any offers for unis yet? Mine just got send off today wondering how quick people get offers
okay.

awesome, we all agree :smile:
I have applied to dentistry at plymouth, manchester, bristol and cardiff.

A*AA predictions
AAB at AS in bio, chem and religous studies
Gcse: 3A* 6A

Ive already got rejected by bristol
awesome, we all agree :smile:

yay!

Original post by Miladrises

A*AA predictions

AAB may bot have been a strong enough AS result to warrant that.

Also, only taking three AS levels and not doing maths…?
yay!

AAB may bot have been a strong enough AS result to warrant that.

Also, only taking three AS levels and not doing maths…?

What grades do you have and what are you applying?
What grades do you have and what are you applying?

AS: ABB in History of Art, Maths and Physics respectively, plus Pre-U Mandarin, which has no year 12 exams. Dropped Phys.

A2 Predictions are: A*, D3, B (D3 = solid A) so basically A*AB in History of Art, Mandarin, and Maths respectively.

Applying for Chinese Studies at:

SOAS (AAB)
Nottingham (AAB) (Chinese Studies with International Relations)
Durham (I've no idea but probably AAA)
Sheffield (ABB)
Leeds (ABB)

Grades are lower because it's a pretty niche subject. I'm desperate to go to SOAS, if not that, then Nottingham.

You?

A*AA predictions

How did you manage to get a rejection from Bristol with A*AA for dentistry.
Don't they ask for AAA-AAB?
HELP - Question !

Q) What university is the most difficult in entry requirement to get onto studying Physics?

The highest I have seen was Manchester University asking for A*A*A, which I believe is higher than Oxbridge (not sure as I heard
apparently Cambridge upped their entry requirement) But don't Oxbridge require STEP?

Do any universities require Step exams for Physics?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
HELP - Question !

Q) What university is the most difficult in entry requirement to get onto studying Physics?

The highest I have seen was Manchester University asking for A*A*A, which I believe is higher than Oxbridge (not sure as I heard
apparently Cambridge upped their entry requirement) But don't Oxbridge require STEP?

Do any universities require Step exams for Physics?

Only 1 college may ask for STEP for Natural Sciences at Cambridge I think and the grades needed are A*A*A, some colleges might offer A*A*AA if you are taking 4 subjects. For Physics at Oxford you need A*AA but there is also a PAT entry test.
Bye everyone!

I'll be gone for a month!

Until then, goodbye!
Bye everyone!

I'll be gone for a month!

Until then, goodbye!

Goodbye!

How come you disappeared then?
Got a mock interview thingy soon... I'm ready to get grilled :lol: