The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I got the unofficial offer email from UCL too and was wondering whether there would be some sort of interview at the open day. I know that in previous years the email specifically states that there will not be an interview but in the email we all received there was no such statement. Im not entirely sure what to make of it and could use some help.
Original post by darkdrifter10
Hi guys, I got the unofficial offer email from UCL too and was wondering whether there would be some sort of interview at the open day. I know that in previous years the email specifically states that there will not be an interview but in the email we all received there was no such statement. Im not entirely sure what to make of it and could use some help.

No interview, just open day I'm pretty sure
When did all you UCL offer holders apply? congrats btw, I'm jealous!
Original post by groovyd97
No interview, just open day I'm pretty sure

Thats what i initially thought aswell but then i went on the UCL website and it says something about interviews at the open day. Ill link it here so you can have a looks
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/apply/application-process/selection

Thanks btw
Original post by tomixox
When did you send yours off?

October the 13th
Got an open day place for Econ L100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats what i initially thought aswell but then i went on the UCL website and it says something about interviews at the open day. Ill link it here so you can have a looks
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/apply/application-process/selection

Thanks btw

hmm, doubt it. They wouldn't do that, i'm fairly sure it's basically a guaranteed offer
Original post by groovyd97
hmm, doubt it. They wouldn't do that, i'm fairly sure it's basically a guaranteed offer

Im not sure what to make of it, ill probably ask my head of sixth tomorrow. Thanks for looking into it. Good luck with the uni stuff, youll probably get an offer soon.
Im not sure what to make of it, ill probably ask my head of sixth tomorrow. Thanks for looking into it. Good luck with the uni stuff, youll probably get an offer soon.

yeh hope so haha!
Guys calm down. Well done for getting into UCL first of all. I went last year and all you have to attend the open day in order to collect the offer. Remember to sign your name off as you go in and there's a few talks and a tour of UCL. Definitely worth going because after visiting I knew I hated the place! Oh and if you can't make it (i.e. international) then I'm sure you don't have to attend, just let them know.
Original post by Skill Twix
I am applying there with one A and 3 B's.Still have a bit of hope.

Is ABBB your AS grades or A2 grades? Aren't the requirements A*AA?
Original post by Mike_123
Guys calm down. Well done for getting into UCL first of all. I went last year and all you have to attend the open day in order to collect the offer. Remember to sign your name off as you go in and there's a few talks and a tour of UCL. Definitely worth going because after visiting I knew I hated the place! Oh and if you can't make it (i.e. international) then I'm sure you don't have to attend, just let them know.

Why did you hate the place? And how many talks were there/duration?
Original post by asdfghjklasdfg
is it possible to get an unconditional to edinburgh for economics or are they very rare? I got 5 A's at higher

I got an unconditional offer about a week ago for economics at edinburgh so it isn't impossible :biggrin:
Has anyone that applied to UCL for mathematics with economics received an offer yet??
Original post by ak2015
I got an unconditional offer about a week ago for economics at edinburgh so it isn't impossible :biggrin:

About a week ago, week ago 💃💃
If anyone knows anything about what happens in the UCL open day for econ/general, quote or PM me plssssssss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Why did you hate the place? And how many talks were there/duration?

Original post by EHZ17
If anyone knows anything about what happens in the UCL open day for econ/general, quote or PM me plssssssss

Don't know, didn't seem like there was a community feel but that's just my opinion. Also I already had LSE and Cambs anyway.

There's no interview or anything, they just try to get you to pick them. The usual stuff you'd expect... course details, telling you to pick them over LSE, etc etc. Lasted about half the day I think and there's a group of around 50 of you. BTW there are loads of open days, so don't worry if you haven't heard from UCL yet.
Original post by anonwinner
Is ABBB your AS grades or A2 grades? Aren't the requirements A*AA?

AS grades.Forgot to mention :biggrin:
Original post by ak2015

what are your grades if you don't mind me asking?
Unconditional for economics from Birmingham! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending