The Student Room Group

Would you use a matchmaking service to find your true love?

Poll

Would you use a professional matchmaking service

Alot of people are tried of online dating, tried of meeting the same old types of people in their everyday life, and some simply just don't have the time or know how to go about it. Would you use a matchmaking service at a respectable price.

Free for women.
(edited 9 years ago)
Is there a money back guarantee if he's not my true love?
Reply 2
Original post by iammeyouareyou
Is there a money back guarantee if he's not my true love?

Free for women. So no payment for you/
God forbid
Reply 4
No I wouldn't use that kind of service.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ye sure
Reply 6
Original post by Catholic_
Alot of people are tried of online dating, tried of meeting the same old types of people in their everyday life, and some simply just don't have the time or know how to go about it. Would you use a matchmaking service at a respectable price.

Free for women.

Are we talking just opposite-sex or both opposite-sex and same-sex matchmaking? :holmes:
That's why I'm here. :jiggy:
I'd be slightly averse to it based on the fact that, in matchmaking service, people are actively looking for relationships and so they might give a false or exaggerated impression of themselves in order to seem more desirable. I'd be more worried that the person would turn out to be very different from how they seemed initially.

I'd rather go for someone who I would have met a few times at first, when neither of us were even thinking about the possibility of a relationship with each other, and therefore wouldn't have felt the need to put up that facade (e.g. people met through mutual friends or family).
If I'm not married in ten years time then perhaps yeah.
No. Only losers go online or utilizes dating agencies to find a mate.
Yeah, sure.
I dunno, let me think, who would be a better judge of the type of girl I would like, me or some random stranger? hmmmmmm

oh wait, that would be me.

So no.
Original post by tazarooni89
I'd be slightly averse to it based on the fact that, in matchmaking service, people are actively looking for relationships and so they might give a false or exaggerated impression of themselves in order to seem more desirable. I'd be more worried that the person would turn out to be very different from how they seemed initially.

I'd rather go for someone who I would have met a few times at first, when neither of us were even thinking about the possibility of a relationship with each other, and therefore wouldn't have felt the need to put up that facade (e.g. people met through mutual friends or family).

People do that? Why? What a dumb thing to do.
Nah, I have a good social circle so I can pick the right person by myself :smile:
personally i wouldnt only because im cheap and its not guaranteed if you'll find someone. more and more people are getting together through the internet though
It doesn't exist
Original post by Catholic_
Free for women. So no payment for you/

What if a woman's true love was another woman? Would they both get the service for free in that case?
i prefer to hang around art galleries and niche bookshops waiting for the right lady

Quick Reply

Latest