The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Grades if you don't mind me asking? 😊
Original post by Mike_123
Don't know, didn't seem like there was a community feel but that's just my opinion. Also I already had LSE and Cambs anyway.

There's no interview or anything, they just try to get you to pick them. The usual stuff you'd expect... course details, telling you to pick them over LSE, etc etc. Lasted about half the day I think and there's a group of around 50 of you. BTW there are loads of open days, so don't worry if you haven't heard from UCL yet.

Yeah I got an Open Day but just not sure what will be going on. I really hate sitting in lecture halls for extended periods of time when the stuff they're talking about doesn't interest me. Put it this way, if I get LSE or Cam, I'll pick them, if I don't, I'll pick UCL. Nothing they can say on this Open Day will change that hah
Original post by EHZ17
Yeah I got an Open Day but just not sure what will be going on. I really hate sitting in lecture halls for extended periods of time when the stuff they're talking about doesn't interest me. Put it this way, if I get LSE or Cam, I'll pick them, if I don't, I'll pick UCL. Nothing they can say on this Open Day will change that hah

Basically last year we spent about 45 minutes listening to the Dr Pemberton talking about the course, why you should choose UCL, a bit of history and stuff like that. Then the economics society spoke for a bit. Then we went into a foyer area to chat with other students, applicants and a couple of tutors. Then there was a tour and that was it. Not really worth it in my opinion but you have to sign the bit of paper to say you attended so that you get the offer
Original post by Askaud
Basically last year we spent about 45 minutes listening to the Dr Pemberton talking about the course, why you should choose UCL, a bit of history and stuff like that. Then the economics society spoke for a bit. Then we went into a foyer area to chat with other students, applicants and a couple of tutors. Then there was a tour and that was it. Not really worth it in my opinion but you have to sign the bit of paper to say you attended so that you get the offer

That seems alright. Gives me an excuse to go to London for the day I guess :P
Original post by Thevindu
DOES THIS MEAN I GOT AN OFFER GUYS? received today. Applied on 7th Oct (A*A*AB) (Maths, Economics, Geography, Further Maths) applying with A2 grades. OXFORD, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol

Dear Mr Edirisinghe,

I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L100 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department. This will give you an opportunity to discuss the degree programme with members of staff and meet some of our students, who will show you around UCL. The event will also enable you to ask any questions you may have that will help you decide whether UCL is the right university for you

DOES THIS MEAN I'VE GOT AN OFFER

Original post by ScienceGeek!
Just got the same and it does! :biggrin: well done

you too mate! Are you applying with A2 grades also? What are you applying for, where else are you applying?

Original post by sr-96
I think I just got an offer from UCL!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by raymondrayz
Offer from UCL!! need to attend an open day on the 26th for it to be formally sent

Original post by darkdrifter10
Hi guys, I got the unofficial offer email from UCL too and was wondering whether there would be some sort of interview at the open day. I know that in previous years the email specifically states that there will not be an interview but in the email we all received there was no such statement. Im not entirely sure what to make of it and could use some help.

Congratulations on the ucl offers everyone! :biggrin:
Offer from Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer from warwick for econ and industrial organisation!!! In memory of dapper, OI OI!! lol
Original post by Djangoo
Offer from Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well Done!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Djangoo
Offer from Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :smile:

Would you be able to share your AS & predicted A2 stats?
Applied on the 7th October to Oxford, UCL, LSE twice and Warwick. Heard nothing yet. It's killing me.

AS - AAAABCC (including a C in general studies and an A in the Maths AS for the A2 which I mention below)
A2 - A* Maths cashed in
Predictions - A*A*A*A* plus the A* achieved.

6th week of hearing nothing is horrific.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1370
First of all, congrats to everyone who's got offers from Warwick and UCL. I applied to both on the 13th of October and haven't heard anything:/ However, a friend of mine who started studying economics in UCL this year said that she didn't get her offer until late January, so I'm assuming that they give out offers in 'cycles' over the months
Original post by Djangoo
Yeah sure.

AS - AAAB (Maths, Further Maths, Econ, Geog). A*A*AA predictions respectively.

Was yours for straight econ, or econ and industrial org?
Original post by Mike_123
Don't know, didn't seem like there was a community feel but that's just my opinion. Also I already had LSE and Cambs anyway.

There's no interview or anything, they just try to get you to pick them. The usual stuff you'd expect... course details, telling you to pick them over LSE, etc etc. Lasted about half the day I think and there's a group of around 50 of you. BTW there are loads of open days, so don't worry if you haven't heard from UCL yet.

what were your A2 grades and subjects?
Original post by Djangoo
Offer from Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you international?
Original post by Djangoo

Sick same
Original post by sarah.97
Are you international?

Nope
Original post by asdfghjklasdfg
what are your grades if you don't mind me asking?

I'm American and took 4 AP exams last May, so I already had some grades which is probably why they gave me an unconditional.
AP Calculus BC 5
AP US History 5
AP World History 5
AP French 5
AP European History predicted 5
AP Economics predicted 5
AP Statistics predicted 5

Good luck :biggrin:!
Original post by Djangoo
Nope

Omg that means they have started to give out offers, was it for straight economics? and what are your stats?
what were your A2 grades and subjects?

4A* double maths econ phys

Original post by EHZ17

same, it's nice to meet people though and even though you're likely to get lse/camb you should still come to collect the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending