The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
You ever seen those muslims in the high street who start ranting about why the Islamic world is better?

2 questions:
Why are you still here?
What gives you the right anyway?

Seriously though, if you fundamentally believe in Islamic Law then just leave the country.You wont be missed.

so going from the last page about having no job what exactly do you contribute to society mate

why are you still here as opposed to someone willin to come from abroad and do some work but unable to get a visa. what gives you that right?
Original post by Isometrix
Venture out of Durham city centre and you'll notice it's just like all those other cities you described.

York is very similar to Durham too if you like that type of traditional cathedral city. York and Durham are the like Oxford and Cambridge of the north.

I'm in agreement with you though, I think most major cities in the UK are quite unappealing places to live, including London unless you live in zone 1 or West London (i.e. super rich).

Never understood why so many people want to live in London, I couldn't bear to live there personally.

The place where i'm living now is the ideal size really, a decent sized city with a big centre, good nightlife & vast employment opportunities. Most importantly I live on the other side of the city from all the crime, that's my main concern with living in a big city. I lived in one of the rough parts of Manchester for a while and there's not a chance in hell I am doing that again. If anyone remembers the Dogs Home fire I literally lived 2 blocks away from that.

I'm in agreement with you though, I think most major cities in the UK are quite unappealing places to live, including London unless you live in zone 1 or West London (i.e. super rich).

So basically you're saying jam lives in a ****hole.

Safe fam.

My boy lives in central.
(edited 9 years ago)
Man just got buried :rofl:
btw got promoted at work after one week to the position I wanted to be in.

Original post by sr90
Never understood why so many people want to live in London, I couldn't bear to live there personally.

The place where i'm living now is the ideal size really, a decent sized city with a big centre, good nightlife & vast employment opportunities. Most importantly I live on the other side of the city from all the crime, that's my main concern with living in a big city. I lived in one of the rough parts of Manchester for a while and there's not a chance in hell I am doing that again. If anyone remembers the Dogs Home fire I literally lived 2 blocks away from that.

London is the capital.

Also if london is one of the most expensive places to live, you'd get a nice fat salary as well. Where do you think the big money jobs are.
Original post by jam277
So basically you're saying jam lives in a ****hole.

Safe fam.

My boy lives in westminster.

Where abouts in London you from?
Where abouts in London you from?

East. Basically in an area that's starting to become gentrified. Tbh I'm moving into the City second as I get a job there.

Original post by Parano!d
so going from the last page about having no job what exactly do you contribute to society mate

why are you still here as opposed to someone willin to come from abroad and do some work but unable to get a visa. what gives you that right?

Ok that is a par and a half. Allow man.
Original post by Zürich
Not a thing. Will have to get a job very soon though since I'm running out of money and I could use a purpose in my life to go with my absolutely top education. My brother did languages at Uni and is sorted with a career and that, need to focus my own talents atm....
:

My bro said this about me: ''You look the kind of guy who wants Germany to invade so that you'll have something to do''

I said:'' Nah mate, I'll have started it''

Yeah job market is tough. You have to start from somewhere though. Must be a place that has good progression that you're willing to be a bitch for a few months until you get something else/get promoted?

Also I'm not working in retail until the day I get put into a grave. That is a pact. Soul destroying ****.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
btw got promoted at work after one week to the position I wanted to be in.

London is the capital.

Also if london is one of the most expensive places to live, you'd get a nice fat salary as well. Where do you think the big money jobs are.

If it were that simple then surely everyone would live in London!
btw zurich, what you looking at doing? You could probably get into IB with your credentials and a couple connections but I assume you're allowing that.
Original post by sr90
If it were that simple then surely everyone would live in London!

Well the idiots who don't use their heads and get **** jobs with little progression would think that.

Matter of fact is that there is a lot of money to be made if you work hard enough for it. If you're willing to be somebody's bitch for a little while you will reap the rewards. In london, there is opportunities if you work hard enough for it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
East. Basically in an area that's starting to become gentrified. Tbh I'm moving into the City second as I get a job there.

Hmm haven't been to much of east london apart from Stratford and Ilford.

wait so is your job in London or Liverpool?
Hmm haven't been to much of east london apart from Stratford and Ilford.

wait so is your job in London or Liverpool?

London. I live there now ain't been in liverpool since like july.

Btw I live around those parts.
I've never really been outside North/West London. I've only ever been to East to pick up a friend who went to a West Ham match.

I've heard dark tales about the South though...
Actually love my new hair. I like looking at myself.
**** sake, Mexico 3 Holland 2. I lost a wee bit of cash on this.

Robben literally touched the ball about 10 times, everything he did was sick, but we never managed to get the ball out to him really. Mexico had 2 men on him. Huntelaar missed an open goal, but still better than RVP.

Fun this, Arsenal and Holland. Better to be QPR and Ireland, you know where you stand....plus you're Irish and that would be sick mate.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I've never really been outside North/West London. I've only ever been to East to pick up a friend who went to a West Ham match.

I've heard dark tales about the South though...

Which part of North West? that's ends for me these days because my parents moved out to Watford and my best mate lives in Kilburn. Love that drive at 6am with all the construction workers queueing up for a lift, and if you open the window the sweet smell of stale booze would wafer in :wink:

Absolutely no reason to go east of Bethnal Green, and that's a push, and never any reason to go South of the river other than to a gallery or a nightclub. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
We like to say in London that someone is 'switched on'. If you come across as a proper next level ****, then you're not 'switched on'. innit.

So check out this one from Manchester:

Is this a parody of Mancs? Down the boozers on Moss Side, are they just chanting ''Garlic Bread'' as comedy?

Manchester's talent yeah? What next? wrinkled Oasis or wrinkled Utd?
(edited 9 years ago)
Organised my first meeting with dissertation advisor for 1pm to force myself to get a move on with this bull****. 3am and sat hear watching irrelevant **** on youtube. Have to treasure these moments.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Organised my first meeting with dissertation advisor for 1pm to force myself to get a move on with this bull****. 3am and sat hear watching irrelevant **** on youtube. Have to treasure these moments.

Arrive wearing a 1998/99 Bolton shirt, you ought to have a pie in your hand and you should reiterate that yer ''Mad fer it'' once every 2 minutes
Original post by Zürich
Arrive wearing a 1998/99 Bolton shirt, you ought to have a pie in your hand and you should reiterate that yer ''Mad fer it'' once every 2 minutes

He's a yank
Anyone else in love with A$AP and, on a lesser scale, Tinashe...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest