The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Audi
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking when did you apply? Have you completed your A levels already?

Thanks, I sent UCAS off on 3rd October. In year 13 (17 years old) studying maths, further, history and econ at A2.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Gcseboy1997
What do you think happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said my personal statement didn't show focus or commitment to economics
Original post by Reacher65
They said my personal statement didn't show focus or commitment to economics

Understandable as you applied for Engineering for your other 4 choices lol!
Original post by Econ95
I'm applying post A level so my A2 grades are A*A*AA,I wrote a little about economic history but predominately my personal statement was more leaned towards pure economics because all of my other choices are pure econ. How about you? These 2/8 week notifications are agonising! Id rather just know the outcome at the end!

I talked about socio-economic inequalities and stratifications of wealth distribution over the course of history in our world after reading Piketty's "Capital", developments of financial markets and their implications since the 19th century learnt through the Yale open course, analysis of financial crises of Latin America (one from their course precisely) and East asian counties and how it introduced me to deeper facets of economic history and about having time to learn socio-political and economic history of Europe during work experiance in Germany and Liechtenstein. Mine is also Econ predominately but I've tried to blend in Econ history to show I want to truly study their course. Hope the attention to detail with their course modules and what I've mentioned works out aha!
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah I guess I should have seen it coming

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 685
Original post by rmisra
Hi there

You will have more than enough time- all 3 universities are within (approximately) a 30 minute walk from each other.

If you're not to keen on walking all 3 universities are accessible by "the Tube" (the train service operating in London) and by local bus services.

It would be possible to visit all three universities in one day.

Thanks for your reply! Do you know whether you can just enter the university buildings and have a look around?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 686
Original post by Adriaan
Thanks for your reply! Do you know whether you can just enter the university buildings and have a look around?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem :smile:

Yes you're allowed to tour the universities

When you tour the universities you could use these--

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/meetLSE/pdf/LSE-Explorer-ForWeb.pdf

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/access-ucl/self-guided-tour

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/access/virtual-tour/

If in doubt give the universities a call, or when you get there seek the main reception I'm sure they'll help :smile:
I'm self teaching FM this year, and honestly, once you do FP1 and FP2 you mights as well do the whole a level
S2 and S3 took me about a week, S4 a week and M2 a few days whereas FP1 and 2 took me like 5 weeks in total 2, obviously taking up more time
I didn't bother trying to learn D1 literally what is even going on in that module haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funnily enough, since this email I've finished FP1! Haha I'm going to do FP2 over the next few weeks before Christmas and then I'm going to take up S3 and S4 since I'm focussing on the stats route. How did you find them? :smile:
Original post by callmethed0ctor
Funnily enough, since this email I've finished FP1! Haha I'm going to do FP2 over the next few weeks before Christmas and then I'm going to take up S3 and S4 since I'm focussing on the stats route. How did you find them? :smile:

FP2 was hard, mainly cuz I hadn't done either c3 or c4 when I started haha
S3 was straightforward, like S2 but a bit longer
S4 was longer than S3 and harder, but more pure maths so it's easier in that sense
Also FP2, S3 and S4 didn't have revision guides so I finally had to use the big textbook to learn them haha but overall they were fine:smile: you'll be okay haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
FP2 was hard, mainly cuz I hadn't done either c3 or c4 when I started haha
S3 was straightforward, like S2 but a bit longer
S4 was longer than S3 and harder, but more pure maths so it's easier in that sense
Also FP2, S3 and S4 didn't have revision guides so I finally had to use the big textbook to learn them haha but overall they were fine:smile: you'll be okay haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you find the time to get through them so quickly?! I only have one day a week where I can do ALL of my school work since I have a part (full) time job :frown:
Original post by callmethed0ctor
How are you find the time to get through them so quickly?! I only have one day a week where I can do ALL of my school work since I have a part (full) time job :frown:

I did them in the summer... Which also made fp2 and s4 pretty damn hard haha
I used the revision guides for m2 s2 and fp1 which allowed me to get through the AS suppeeeerr quickly I'd definitely recommend:smile: I used cgp and the mei revise for structured mathematics guides :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 691
Original post by serafina44
Hi, is there anyone applying for Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method? If yes, what are your grades and when did you apply? :smile: I appplied on the 9th October, got 12 weeks, 2 weeks and 8 weeks emails (the 8-week one on the 23 rd October, though). Or maybe you happen to know someone who has already been offered a place?

I am! Applied 13th October. Already completed A Levels last year A*A*A, so I'm applying to better unis this time round haha. Yeah I got the 2 week then the 8 week emails. Not heard of anyone with an offer yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for PPE!
Original post by Catfish1311
Just got an offer for PPE!

Oh my god really!?! What are your grades, and what is the offer?

Congrats btw!:biggrin:
Reply 694
Original post by Yeetoo
I am! Applied 13th October. Already completed A Levels last year A*A*A, so I'm applying to better unis this time round haha. Yeah I got the 2 week then the 8 week emails. Not heard of anyone with an offer yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what I'm doing! rejected last year's offers and sent a new application this year
I have just received an offer from LSE too! Government and History
just can't believe they sent us news that early!!
Original post by LevCrofts
Oh my god really!?! What are your grades, and what is the offer?

Congrats btw!:biggrin:

The offer is A*AA, with the A* in Maths, and the 3 can't include Further Maths. It was a great birthday present! :tongue: I'm predicted A*A*A*AA, and got AAAAB last year.

Thank you! Where else have you applied?
The offer is A*AA, with the A* in Maths, and the 3 can't include Further Maths. It was a great birthday present! :tongue: I'm predicted A*A*A*AA, and got AAAAB last year.

Woah congrats!:biggrin: I'm applying to Oxford, LSE, UCL, St Andrews and Edinburgh. :smile: Well done on your offer. :smile:

And Happy Birthday!:wink:
Reply 699
Original post by xenia95
That's exactly what I'm doing! rejected last year's offers and sent a new application this year

Ah nice one. Just hope it's worth the year out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending