The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
I've seen many people posting rejections from BCG here. Anybody get accepted/invited to take their tests?
got invited for BCG yesterday, now waiting for McKinsey today .. & OW on Friday
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 462
Original post by dth1210
Did anyone else get an automated e-mail from McKinsey saying they would let us know the outcome by 12th November (i.e. Today) ?

Original post by ridic24
yeah it was supposed to be today

Yeah but BCG sent my rejection out at like 8pm, so working hours are more like consultancy than 9-5 haha
[QUOTE="jsd29;51544471"]Update

Original post by Tangente
Yeah got that. Surprised there isn't a normal first round.

Original post by jsd29
Update from Deloitte.

They are doing another CV shift and will let us know next week about an AC at the end of nov

Did your rec. contact let you know? Nothing from them for me.

The AC encompasses the 1st stage (i.e. case study, group and manager interview), but keen to know why they're re-assessing CVs and tests to do it that way. Just the numbers?
[QUOTE="AmoreAmore;51548971"]
Original post by jsd29
Update

Did your rec. contact let you know? Nothing from them for me.

The AC encompasses the 1st stage (i.e. case study, group and manager interview), but keen to know why they're re-assessing CVs and tests to do it that way. Just the numbers?

On their 'application process' section on their website it said that they would do another CV shift, after tests. So it doesn't seem to be ad hoc because of numbers. Perhaps, they just take the tests more seriously than other places.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Got rejection from Strategy& the other day.

Surprised a little. Did well in online tests because both said "exceptional" or 5/5 on scoring (but that's probably not TOO hard because it was only SHL).

It really sucks none of these companies can be a little open about what they look at and how they review things. For some it seems good online tests gets you a first round interview, for others it seems something else entirely.

To be honest with the likes of Strategy& (who are still essentially Booz), BCG, Mckinsey and Bain they have to narrow down their applications somehow as everyone on paper has decent work experience and top grades...it wouldn't surprise me if they filtered out the non-Oxbridge uni's first and then by CV and then by test score. Scoring exceptional on tests these days really doesn't add that much value...
[QUOTE="Tangente;51549587"]
Original post by AmoreAmore

On their 'application process' section on their website it said that they would do another CV shift, after tests. So it doesn't seem to be ad hoc because of numbers. Perhaps, they just take the tests more seriously than other places.

Indeed. My tracker still says I've been invited to a group stage stage and interview, however (i.e. nothing on an AC), having previously been told I passed the tests.

What does yours say?
[QUOTE="AmoreAmore;51551349"]

Indeed. My tracker still says I've been invited to a group stage stage and interview, however (i.e. nothing on an AC), having previously been told I passed the tests.

What does yours say?

Mine says the same thing. It's probably just a discrepancy in how they refer to it.
Reply 468
Original post by Michael XYZ
Got rejection from Strategy& the other day.

Surprised a little. Did well in online tests because both said "exceptional" or 5/5 on scoring (but that's probably not TOO hard because it was only SHL).

It really sucks none of these companies can be a little open about what they look at and how they review things. For some it seems good online tests gets you a first round interview, for others it seems something else entirely.

I think you may have confused the practice test for the actual test. The real test consisted of 18 questions. I initially was mistaken as well.
Reply 469
I have got through to the Mckinsey problem solving test next week! any one else? any advice/ways to practice?
Reply 470
Original post by icl1991
I have got through to the Mckinsey problem solving test next week! any one else? any advice/ways to practice?

Congrats! On what day is the test? Is it at McKinsey's office? Still haven't heard back...
Reply 471
Original post by cmj89
Congrats! On what day is the test? Is it at McKinsey's office? Still haven't heard back...

Mine is on Weds at their offices. there were sessions on Mon tues or weds though. hope you hear :smile:
Original post by mathewma
got invited for BCG yesterday, now waiting for McKinsey today .. & OW on Friday

Original post by icl1991

Understand if you don't want to post details but can you give us an idea of uni/degree/work experience?

I'm really curious to what they're looking for really. I don't want to big myself up because I was rejected from both, so can't really, but I graduated with a 1st from a top 5 uni and I've got a fair few work experiences (although more in finance, admittedly). It strikes me as rather odd that that, coupled with good test scores, wouldn't even get a first round interview.

Maybe they want someone who was always keen to do consulting with relevant experience, which I understand as consulting is more of a recent interest for me but damn, bit confused really.

Original post by 92DL
I think you may have confused the practice test for the actual test. The real test consisted of 18 questions. I initially was mistaken as well.

Nope. I didn't do the practice. I mean the real things.
Reply 473
[QUOTE="Tangente;51551501"]

Mine says the same thing. It's probably just a discrepancy in how they refer to it.

I received this email yesterday
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415865852.746099.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 474
Original post by icl1991
Mine is on Weds at their offices. there were sessions on Mon tues or weds though. hope you hear :smile:

Thanks! Sadly nothing yet - to be fair, the "application acknowledgement" email from McKinsey didn't specify what date they'd get back to me. I applied to a couple of offices in addition to London, and have 2 years experience (although I applied for a BA position) - hopefully that explains the delay :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Perhaps I'm not a 'valued' applicant then, as I've received no correspondence. Think I might chase with an email.
anyone get the invite to the numerical test at LEK?

What the hell does smart casual dress mean!
Reply 477
Original post by wakiwashi
anyone get the invite to the numerical test at LEK?

What the hell does smart casual dress mean!

Haven't heard back yet! When did they email you?
Perhaps I'm not a 'valued' applicant then, as I've received no correspondence. Think I might chase with an email.

If you're talking about Monitor Deloitte, same here.
If you're talking about Monitor Deloitte, same here.

Non-Monitor. Annoying that I got the generic "inviting you to an interview" message then nothing in the way of an email to let me know it could be a wait. Conscious I need as much notice as I can get for work too.

Quick Reply

Latest