The Student Room Group

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rkumar3
Aberdeen Interview for Weds 9th Dec :biggrin:

Well done! Did they email you? I'm not banking on an interview from them tbh my ukcat wasn't too great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 181
Yeah they emailed me about an hour ago. Was totally surprised. Well don' forget the average is massively down this year and my friend who is there averaged 620 last year and yet got in :smile:
Well maybe then! I got 620 so you never know :smile: do you think they have sent out all invitations or just for your day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183
Original post by althornber1
Well maybe then! I got 620 so you never know :smile: do you think they have sent out all invitations or just for your day

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea. No one else i know has heard from them yet. May be worth giving them a call tomorrow?
Reply 184
Original post by rkumar3
Aberdeen Interview for Weds 9th Dec :biggrin:

Congrats! can I ask are you a scottish applicant or from rest of uk?
Reply 185
Original post by PVar
Congrats! can I ask are you a scottish applicant or from rest of uk?

English
Interview for Aberdeen! Wed 10th 1oclock :biggrin:
Reply 187
Original post by BiomedDentist
Interview for Aberdeen! Wed 10th 1oclock :biggrin:

Same as me :biggrin:
Congrats everyone!!! I really want to hear from kings asap :frown:!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rkumar3
Same as me :biggrin:

I will see you there :biggrin:
Reply 190
I will see you there :biggrin:

Hah indeed. Just need to get UCLan out the way with.
Original post by rkumar3
Hah indeed. Just need to get UCLan out the way with.

Tell me about it, I'm already overwhelmed with the Uni work, UCLAN exam and now this interview!
I can totally see why people wait until after they graduate it to apply.

I'm not complaining though, SO happy and nervous right now
Tell me about it, I'm already overwhelmed with the Uni work, UCLAN exam and now this interview!
I can totally see why people wait until after they graduate it to apply.

I'm not complaining though, SO happy and nervous right now

I'm a graduate, but working full time till 6 every night! So also finding it hard to get any revision time in :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 193
I'm a graduate, but working full time till 6 every night! So also finding it hard to get any revision time in :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in totally the same position! Its also so hard to be motivated. Im literally looking at the objectives and it seems so simple that its not worth the time even though i know thats far from the truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god that sounds exhausting! Hopefully it will all be worth it and we'll all get in
Original post by rkumar3
Im in totally the same position! Its also so hard to be motivated. Im literally looking at the objectives and it seems so simple that its not worth the time even though i know thats far from the truth.

Yep! by the time I get home from work all I want to do is relax! I'm finding it hard to know how much detail to go into for the UCLAN exam..words such as outline, describe, explain suggest not too much. I'm worried about the anatomy though, my degree didn't really cover much of that after first year
Yep! by the time I get home from work all I want to do is relax! I'm finding it hard to know how much detail to go into for the UCLAN exam..words such as outline, describe, explain suggest not too much. I'm worried about the anatomy though, my degree didn't really cover much of that after first year

Is there information about the UCLAN exam that I haven't seen? All i've seen is the verification of prior learning document
Reply 197

Anatomy is super easy to learn. I teach it to dental students so the amount that you are actually required to know isnt alot from experience. you just need to know the thorax upwards and mainly focus on cranial nerves pathways and the tempero-mandibular joint.

but yeah you're totally right the the outline, describe etc. Most of them i'd normally just answer with a sentence so its majorly frustrating.
Is there information about the UCLAN exam that I haven't seen? All i've seen is the verification of prior learning document

Yeah its just the verification of prior learning. I mean to anatomical organisation topic that i am iffy with
Reply 199
Good luck to all of you! we've all put the time and effort in and deserve it ! My Aberdeen interview is on Monday 8th. Travelling from Sussex, what a long journey that will be zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quick Reply

Latest