The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bronwencerimarsh
I'm from Swansea, what about you? I think I'll be going in January, don't want to go to the one in a few weeks. What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Rugby, near Coventry. I applied for the International Business, Finance and Economics course, what about you?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Is anyone going to the interview day on 26th November? I'm applying for cell biology, do you know if I need to write an 'alternative personal statement', or is that only for medicine/dentistry/veterinary/pharma?
Original post by klaineismylife88
Is anyone going to the interview day on 26th November? I'm applying for cell biology, do you know if I need to write an 'alternative personal statement', or is that only for medicine/dentistry/veterinary/pharma?

Nope, and I don't know much about the course, but good luck with your interview anyway :smile:
Ok thanks, don't worry about it. I was just wondering, because after all the chaos my original personal statement caused, I really can't be bothered to write a new one :s-smilie:
Original post by barbarabc
Sorry to barge in... Have you received an offer yet?

Nope, still waiting... :K: ...

edit - have you got an offer yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aquatix96
I'm from Rugby, near Coventry. I applied for the International Business, Finance and Economics course, what about you?

I nearly applied to something similar! I've applied for history now though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm London and I got invited to the interview day, and according to the website, you get an offer within two weeks of the interview - however, a friend of mine is at Manchester already and they gave her an offer as soon as they had finished interviewing her. So I don't know...
I nearly applied to something similar! I've applied for history now though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :smile: What's the offer you got for History?
I'm London and I got invited to the interview day, and according to the website, you get an offer within two weeks of the interview - however, a friend of mine is at Manchester already and they gave her an offer as soon as they had finished interviewing her. So I don't know...

Yeah, one of my friends also went for an interview, and he got an offer after the interview, for Physics. Maybe it depends on the course you're doing, but I'm not sure.
Maybe sciences are just special.
Nice :smile: What's the offer you got for History?

AAB, so it's quite good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
AAB, so it's quite good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to butt in :colondollar: but I want to apply for History as well :awesome: (but combined with Sociology). I really don't think I'll be accepted :no: (my grades weren't typical Manchester standard) The application process doesn't include an online assessment/ interview does it (need to double check).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: you only need to write an alternative statement if you have a medicine/dentistry/veterinary/pharmacy personal statement and you have applied for one of manchesters life science courses :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gaby.
Sorry to butt in :colondollar: but I want to apply for History as well :awesome: (but combined with Sociology). I really don't think I'll be accepted :no: (my grades weren't typical Manchester standard) The application process doesn't include an online assessment/ interview does it (need to double check).

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your predicted grades are the same as the entry requirements and your GCSE's are decent, as long as your personal statement is good, I'm sure you'll have a chance of receiving an offer :biggrin:
AAB, so it's quite good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my offer for IBFE is AAB too. Gotta work hard to get it though, as I got ABC at AS :s-smilie:
Reply 595
If your predicted grades are the same as the entry requirements and your GCSE's are decent, as long as your personal statement is good, I'm sure you'll have a chance of receiving an offer :biggrin:

That's what I'm desperately hoping for. Thanks for being so nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah my offer for IBFE is AAB too. Gotta work hard to get it though, as I got ABC at AS :s-smilie:

I know what you mean, I got AAC so I really need to pick up which is really stressful :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gaby.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, no interview or assessment is needed, it's just what goes through on UCAS, my grades themselves weren't the typical offer but my predicted grades were good enough, so as long as you have a personal statement that stands out I'm sure you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 598
No, no interview or assessment is needed, it's just what goes through on UCAS, my grades themselves weren't the typical offer but my predicted grades were good enough, so as long as you have a personal statement that stands out I'm sure you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very helpful and reassuring :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly648
Hi :smile: you only need to write an alternative statement if you have a medicine/dentistry/veterinary/pharmacy personal statement and you have applied for one of manchesters life science courses :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh brilliant, thanks, I was having a mini freak out there!

Latest

Trending

Trending