The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2015

Hey, anyone going to Swansea University in 2015?

--
Connect to Swansea University here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I just updated the OP with a link to Swansea University - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Hi,

I am 3rd year biomed predicted a 1st (or high 2:1). I got 2610 (652.5) in my ukcat - I am aware that this is not the best but UKCAT. I have decent work experience and extra-curricular stuff.

I really need some help as the deadline is quickly approaching. I need some help with choosing my fourth university. My choices:

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP
3 - Keele 5 year (this because I know they're not too harsh with UKCAT
4 - I don't know (Sheffield, Leicester, Manchester???)

I don't know what my fourth option should be. I probably need it to be a university that's not too strict with UKCAT, but still uses it. I know I make the minimum requirement for Sheffield but I also know that it is very competitive. I'm not 100% sure about other unis. I know ukcat overall is lower this year, but does anyone have any suggestions about a fourth university I should apply to?

Somebody please help me out.

Thanking you guys in advance,

document35
I just went on the open day yesterday and I absolutely loved the uni! Definitely going to be my first choice!
Hey, i got Distinction, C, C, D in IT, maths, geography and Physics in that order in my AS i dropped Geo and i am predicted Distinction, B, C in IT Maths and Physics. i am thinking of applying for Bng Mechanical engineering which requires 3 Bs. would i get an offer?? :confused:
Reply 5
I'm applying for Genetics!!! Swansea looks so nice and amazing and the course looks sooo interesting! :biggrin: Got BCDE (Psychology, English Lit., Biology, and Chemistry) and Predicted ABB (Psychology, English Lit and Biology)! I hope I get an offer :s-smilie:
Hello all,

I've applied for joint honours Classical Civilisation and English Literature :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ineedaspacebar
I just went on the open day yesterday and I absolutely loved the uni! Definitely going to be my first choice!

I also went on the open day on the 11th and loved it too! Just not sure when the offers come in to firm or choose as insurance, I'll have to see if I get an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Anybody had any offers yet?😊 swansea's the only uni I'm waiting for a response from😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by EvansR
Anybody had any offers yet?������ swansea's the only uni I'm waiting for a response from������

Posted from TSR Mobile

My daughter got an offer from Swansea yesterday. She sent her application on Sunday the 2nd of November. They did not send any acknowledgement, first contact was the decision.
Hi Everyone, I'm glad so many of you enjoyed our recent Open Days. I work for the Marketing department at Swansea University so please let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to help!
Reply 11
Original post by EvansR
Anybody had any offers yet?������ swansea's the only uni I'm waiting for a response from������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Similar to me! Swansea and Newcastle are the only ones I'm waiting for. Newcastle has sent me an acknowledgement letter and Swansea has sent me a postcard, but I've not received a decision from them :confused:
Original post by Bruno26
Similar to me! Swansea and Newcastle are the only ones I'm waiting for. Newcastle has sent me an acknowledgement letter and Swansea has sent me a postcard, but I've not received a decision from them :confused:

I've had a postcard too today, I imagine it won't be long before a decision is made, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still waiting on an offer (only applied on Tuesday but already have 4/5 conditional offers!) from Swansea but I really liked it on the (soaking wet) open day in October!

I'm applying for Economics and I'm just wondering if anyone else is applying for anything else in management or engineering, as we'll be on the new campus that's about 4 miles from the main campus, and what people think about Swansea having 2 campuses :smile:
I've applied to do Business Management (Marketing) i was no aware of this new campus situation?
Havent received an offer yet but very excited
Yeah, if you google Swansea Bay Campus you'll see about it... it's not built yet but it'll be open for 2015 entry :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Clytaemnestra
I've had a postcard too today, I imagine it won't be long before a decision is made, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Swansea sent me an acknowledgment email about 3 weeks ago and still not a response yet😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck to you to! :smile:
Hello all,

I've applied for joint honours Classical Civilisation and English Literature :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for that course, too! Just sent off my application two days ago :smile:
Original post by artemis96
I've applied for that course, too! Just sent off my application two days ago :smile:

Ooh brilliant! I'm glad I'm not on my own, we might meet on an applicant day :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest