Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="TC2016;51562605"]
Original post by Tangente

I received this email yesterday
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415865852.746099.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were you talking about Monitor?
Original post by PP5246
Haven't heard back yet! When did they email you?

Just today at around 10:30?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got invited for an interview at Credo - is anyone else going for the interview?
Original post by consultinggrad
I just got invited for an interview at Credo - is anyone else going for the interview?

Me! how are you preparing for the case study by the way?
Reply 484
Original post by tasmith247

Did you hear anything before your email of the interview? I applied a few weeks ago and didn't even get an acknowledgement email :s
Original post by 92DL
Did you hear anything before your email of the interview? I applied a few weeks ago and didn't even get an acknowledgement email :s

A few days after sending off my application, I received an invite for numerical tests. had two days to do it, so I did it today, and received a phone call about 2 hours later inviting me to interview.

Maybe call and chase them up?
Reply 486
A few days after sending off my application, I received an invite for numerical tests. had two days to do it, so I did it today, and received a phone call about 2 hours later inviting me to interview.

Maybe call and chase them up?

Definitely will do that.
Am I mistaken or were we supposed to just send our CV and cover letter to an email address but not a real online application?
Also got through to McKinsey PST!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caprice15
Also got through to McKinsey PST!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wanna share with us a bit of your CV in terms of uni/degree/work experience?

I think it'd be really helpful to get an idea of the kinds of applicants they're taking in.
Yeah sure. 2.1 from a top 5 uni (London) and all my work experience so far has been in the financial industry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caprice15
Yeah sure. 2.1 from a top 5 uni (London) and all my work experience so far has been in the financial industry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit annoying to hear really (although obviously well done).

1st from top 5 uni (London), 3 summer internships in finance. Surprised to not even get a first round as I met a McKinsey associate that my friend knew and he seemed happy to refer me and all.

Oh well, **** happens I suppose.
Reply 491
Original post by Michael XYZ
Understand if you don't want to post details but can you give us an idea of uni/degree/work experience?

I'm really curious to what they're looking for really. I don't want to big myself up because I was rejected from both, so can't really, but I graduated with a 1st from a top 5 uni and I've got a fair few work experiences (although more in finance, admittedly). It strikes me as rather odd that that, coupled with good test scores, wouldn't even get a first round interview.

Maybe they want someone who was always keen to do consulting with relevant experience, which I understand as consulting is more of a recent interest for me but damn, bit confused really.

Nope. I didn't do the practice. I mean the real things.

Re my experience, undergrad - 2.1 studied architecture at a top 10 uni, then worked for a software up for about a year and Im currently studying for an Msc at a top London Uni. I suppose my experience is somewhat eclectic.
Reply 492
Anybody still waiting to hear back from BCG?

I'm reading up Victor Cheng, and will try to do as many mock interview as I can, not very experienced with cases but hopefully I will be ready. What about you? :smile:
Hey everyone, has anyone done an IBM assessment centre. From initial research it seems like the majority of people don't make it past the morning. Is this true (what's the ratio of progression to sending home)?

I'm a bit worried about the group exercises as it really depends on the scenario given as to whether I feel confident in suggesting a strategy :/
Original post by Like_A_G6
Hey everyone, has anyone done an IBM assessment centre. From initial research it seems like the majority of people don't make it past the morning. Is this true (what's the ratio of progression to sending home)?

I'm a bit worried about the group exercises as it really depends on the scenario given as to whether I feel confident in suggesting a strategy :/

Hey yea at mine 7 out of 17 went through to the afternoon so less than half- the group exercises are ok though- have you had a look at the thread on wiki job? Basically there is one group exercise that is discussion based and tests teamwork the other is problem solving based (the museum art scenario that can be found all over wiki job - and tests ibms core competencies - drive / leDership / teamwork- etc in terms of a strategy you should aim to be a passive leader - much will depend upon the others in your group and how many there are as there were only 4 in my group which I felt was an advantage
Original post by Ksimmonds
Hey yea at mine 7 out of 17 went through to the afternoon so less than half- the group exercises are ok though- have you had a look at the thread on wiki job? Basically there is one group exercise that is discussion based and tests teamwork the other is problem solving based (the museum art scenario that can be found all over wiki job - and tests ibms core competencies - drive / leDership / teamwork- etc in terms of a strategy you should aim to be a passive leader - much will depend upon the others in your group and how many there are as there were only 4 in my group which I felt was an advantage

Yeah I came across that. I read somewhere that 6 out of 37 people got through to the second part, so maybe it depends on how close to the deadline for starting they are. Thanks for the help :smile: Did you apply for business consulting or tech consulting? I'm in the latter category, but from what I've read on some pages, it sounds like a sales role.
Original post by Like_A_G6
Yeah I came across that. I read somewhere that 6 out of 37 people got through to the second part, so maybe it depends on how close to the deadline for starting they are. Thanks for the help :smile: Did you apply for business consulting or tech consulting? I'm in the latter category, but from what I've read on some pages, it sounds like a sales role.
I applied for business consulting - good luck! When is your AC? If you have any other questions feel free to pm - also be prepared for a wait following AC - it's been 8 weeks since I passed - takes ages!
Original post by 92DL
Definitely will do that.
Am I mistaken or were we supposed to just send our CV and cover letter to an email address but not a real online application?

I just emailed too (as directed) and still haven't heard anything? Did they get back to you at all?
(edited 9 years ago)
On a separate note, having left PwC as the last application for me to submit, I have to complete online tests by Monday. Does anyone know whether this means midnight or 6pm or some other unspecified time? Any clarification is much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending