The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Molly648
Hi :smile: you only need to write an alternative statement if you have a medicine/dentistry/veterinary/pharmacy personal statement and you have applied for one of manchesters life science courses :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i'm applying for medicine and received an offer without an alternative personal statement so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by frozo123
Well i'm applying for medicine and received an offer without an alternative personal statement so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on your offer :smile: it was just something that I read from the link they sent me in their email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by klaineismylife88
I'm London and I got invited to the interview day, and according to the website, you get an offer within two weeks of the interview - however, a friend of mine is at Manchester already and they gave her an offer as soon as they had finished interviewing her. So I don't know...

Lots of people receive an 'informal offer' from their interviewer. This is basically because almost all people interviewed receive offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TwoLimes
Nope, still waiting... :K: ...

edit - have you got an offer yet?

I have, I remember talking to you earlier thought you might have heard something by now
I'm sure you'll hear something soon. :smile:
What other universities are you applying to?
Original post by barbarabc
I have, I remember talking to you earlier thought you might have heard something by now
I'm sure you'll hear something soon. :smile:
What other universities are you applying to?

Thaaats right, I remember now :smile:
Thanks, I hope so.
I've applied to Man Mat (2 unconditionals for Lit & American lit, and Lit & CW), and Lancaster (conditional) - so I at least know I have somewhere to go next year :smile: but this one is my favorite, so they can hurry up haha
Thaaats right, I remember now :smile:
Thanks, I hope so.
I've applied to Man Mat (2 unconditionals for Lit & American lit, and Lit & CW), and Lancaster (conditional) - so I at least know I have somewhere to go next year :smile: but this one is my favorite, so they can hurry up haha

Ahah I really keen on Manchester too :smile: but I'm still waiting to hear back from three universities. Plus I'm applying to Trinity College Dublin and the applications only started last week...
It's really hard to pick one though. :smile:
Where are you from?
Ahah I really keen on Manchester too :smile: but I'm still waiting to hear back from three universities. Plus I'm applying to Trinity College Dublin and the applications only started last week...
It's really hard to pick one though. :smile:
Where are you from?

Ahh the waiting is painful haha where else have you applied? You're an EU student, right? Or have I totally got that mixed up with someone else? I'm from Lancaster myself :smile:
Reply 607
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
I know what you mean, I got AAC so I really need to pick up which is really stressful :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi
Can i ask a quick question?

If you are predicted say ABC and the grade requirment is ABB. Does Manchester give you an offer is that on ABC and that is what you need to get at A2 results day or ABB:confused:
Original post by puppet_strings
Is anyone else applying for Linguistics or Lang? :biggrin:

I'm going to apply for English Language if circumstances allow me to. That course seems like heaven to me.
I got an interview for Biomedical Science with a year industry:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh the waiting is painful haha where else have you applied? You're an EU student, right? Or have I totally got that mixed up with someone else? I'm from Lancaster myself :smile:

It's horrible, especially when you know people already have their replies...
I've applied to Cambridge, York and Edinburgh. Yes, I'm from Lisbon, no mix up. :smile:
Original post by BoboG
Hi
Can i ask a quick question?

If you are predicted say ABC and the grade requirment is ABB. Does Manchester give you an offer is that on ABC and that is what you need to get at A2 results day or ABB:confused:

Whatever they offer you is what you need to get. If they give you a conditional for ABC, which I'm not sure they do but don't quite me on that, then the grades you'll need to get in your exams is ABC

Posted from TSR Mobile
ugh waiting for an offer (hopefully) is driving me insane
i applied for international management
with year abroad
Im predicted AAC but its an AAB entry requirements
but notts reduced my offer frm AAB to ABB but i really want manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VincentFernandes
I'm going to apply for English Language if circumstances allow me to. That course seems like heaven to me.

Right?! I don't think I've ever seen such a rich and interesting course in the UK, the modules are literally ALL incredible! What's your particular subject area of interest? I'm hugely interested in Old and Middle English, personally :3

If you like Manchester's course, you should totally look at Huddersfield and Glasgow. Their courses are pretty spot-on, too.
Original post by FrankieLeighton
do you mind me asking when you sent off your application? the waiting is so so hard :/

i got the consideration email from manchester 5th nov but nottss and liverpool gave me an offfer the day after i got their consideration email

what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FrankieLeighton
yeah i sent mine off on Monday and had all the confirmations by yesterday morning... haven't had any offers yet. I know it takes time but because a lot of people have received them quickly its making me worry ahah!

Especially when you haven't heard from the uni you want to go to the most-_- do you know people who've got an offer from Manchester ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kingmaryy
Especially when you haven't heard from the uni you want to go to the most-_- do you know people who've got an offer from Manchester ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got an offer from Manchester, it took them about a week to reply to me. Although, I did send my application off on the 24th of October, so they may take a bit longer to get back, as they may have more applications to deal with. It also depends on the course you're applying for too, I think.
Original post by puppet_strings
Right?! I don't think I've ever seen such a rich and interesting course in the UK, the modules are literally ALL incredible! What's your particular subject area of interest? I'm hugely interested in Old and Middle English, personally :3

If you like Manchester's course, you should totally look at Huddersfield and Glasgow. Their courses are pretty spot-on, too.

Well, I'm actually interested in just about anything connected to the English language (it's not my native language). I'm looking forward to the Old and Middle English, but also Language in Britain, Sociolinguistics etc. Oh, God, I just HAVE to do that course!

I'll certainly check out Huddersfield, thanks! Glasgow... no... I don't like Scottish...
It's horrible, especially when you know people already have their replies...
I've applied to Cambridge, York and Edinburgh. Yes, I'm from Lisbon, no mix up. :smile:

I got an offer for English Lit! Yaaaasss! So happy.
I got an offer for English Lit! Yaaaasss! So happy.

Congratulations, what was the offer?:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending