The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Just had an offer for International Relations and History :smile:)))))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 701
I got my offer for economics at LSE in December! LSE are very random with when they send offers! If you get the email asking for ums it's a good sign, and that's pretty much the deciding factor if they choose to ask you - after sending my ums I got my offer
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by harveenjudge
Lse ppe offer yay

Congratulations! How long after the 8 week email did you hear from them? :smile:
Original post by Millerman
Thanks, I sent UCAS off on 3rd October. In year 13 (17 years old) studying maths, further, history and econ at A2.

Nice! Congratulations on the offer!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:
Original post by xenia95
That's exactly what I'm doing! rejected last year's offers and sent a new application this year

Same here! but I received offers from UCL for Economics with a year abroad, Economics and business and got interviewed at Oxford trinity college. Hope this all pays off with LSE.
Think I've done a bummer and not researched well enough.

Applied for standard economics with AABB at AS with A*AA prediction. GCSE grades are not very good, 1 A* 8 As 3 Bs. I'd like to say I have a good personal statement as I have decent work experience and read books etc.

Think I have little chance of getting in now in hindsight. Will it just be luck of the draw whether I get an offer?

EDIT: My college is on contextual list, will this help my application??
(edited 9 years ago)
Seems like thursday is offer day at lse... I just hope friday isn't rejection day :frown:
Original post by economicsrocks
Congratulations! How long after the 8 week email did you hear from them? :smile:

Thanks! I got the 8 week email about 3 and a half weeks ago (on the 20th to be precise)
Original post by Holdaboss
Think I've done a bummer and not researched well enough.

Applied for standard economics with AABB at AS with A*AA prediction. GCSE grades are not very good, 1 A* 8 As 3 Bs. I'd like to say I have a good personal statement as I have decent work experience and read books etc.

Think I have little chance of getting in now in hindsight. Will it just be luck of the draw whether I get an offer?

EDIT: My college is on contextual list, will this help my application??

Hey there,

Don't want to be harsh but your chances of getting in are really slim because everyone nearly has at least a few A*'s at least at GCSE. However, you never know so keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck with your other choices :smile:
Original post by itsallokay
Hey there,

Don't want to be harsh but your chances of getting in are really slim because everyone nearly has at least a few A*'s at least at GCSE. However, you never know so keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck with your other choices :smile:

Thanks, it was always a gamble based on my AS anyway so I'm just going to hope I get a lucky break!
Original post by harveenjudge
Thanks! I got the 8 week email about 3 and a half weeks ago (on the 20th to be precise)

Ah they replied to you really quickly! I got the 8 week email 5 weeks ago, doesn't seem like a good sign!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long after you've completed the UMS questionnaire do LSE usually get back? I feel like I've been waiting forever :frown:
Original post by economicsrocks
Ah they replied to you really quickly! I got the 8 week email 5 weeks ago, doesn't seem like a good sign!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the offers are handed out quite randomly throughout the year so don't worry! They made a friend of mine hang on until March last year to give them an offer so, as long as grades etc are all pretty good, you should be fine :smile: Best of luck!
Anyone had an interview there and know what sort of things they ask?
Original post by callmethed0ctor
How long after you've completed the UMS questionnaire do LSE usually get back? I feel like I've been waiting forever :frown:

Sane here!! Been waiting for the right week email for about two weeks now and it's killing me!!!!
Hey, Just got an offer for Government and History! Ended up screaming out loud full of joy in the middle of my politics class)
Original post by dariaorlova
Hi guys,

I've applied for straight Economics in LSE about a month ago now. I'm currently doing the IB Diploma with predictions of HL Maths - 7, HL Economics - 7, HL History - 7, SL English A - 7, SL French B - 6, SL Chemistry - 7 and three extra points (TOK - A, Extended Essay in Maths - A)

I really want to go to LSE, it would definitely be my firm choice if I got the offer! Is there anyone else with similar qualifications applying for Economics? Do you think I have a chance of getting in?

Hi i just got an offer for IB 38 points for straight economics :smile: I was predicted 45. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get one too with those grade
Well done LSE ..... for giving out offers so much earlier this year.
Sent my application at the start of November, just got the '8 week' email for History. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get a decision back!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending