The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, our defence sucks. But we were desperately unlucky to only get 2 points from our first 2 games instead of 6 and to not beat United. We are still ahead of you too.
I'd still rather have Jagielka over any of your centre backs at the moment and our midfield and fullbacks are way better.

We'll finish like 7th and you'll finish 8-10th.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
I'd still rather have Jagielka over any of your centre backs at the moment and our midfield and fullbacks are way better.

Liverpool have more depth than Everton and so will suffer less due to European games. Are you talking about the midfield that destroyed Everton at Anfield last season? Not to mention Liverpool were unlucky to get the 3 points this season if weren't for Balo missing a sitter and Jagielka scoring a wonder goal.
(edited 9 years ago)
http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#defensive-errors#player-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2014/2015#all-teams#all-player-positions#16#44#0#0#90#16/08/2014#10/11/2014#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Lovren has made 4 defensive mistakes
Moreno has made 3 defensive mistakes
Skrtel has made 3 defenstive mistakes

The entire Southampton defence has made 0 defensive mistakes

:facepalm:
Moreno's the type of player who will make defensive mistakes, though. I think it's par for the course with the way he plays offensively.
Also, Rodgers needs to bolster his backroom staff just as much as the playing squad.
Original post by Zerforax
http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#defensive-errors#player-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2014/2015#all-teams#all-player-positions#16#44#0#0#90#16/08/2014#10/11/2014#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Can't believe that there isn't a United defender in the top 20. We've probably made about a dozen.
Original post by sr90
Can't believe that there isn't a United defender in the top 20. We've probably made about a dozen.

Probably because the United defenders keep getting injured so the errors are shared with each and every one.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush

lol.
just lol.

but yeah, i'd take jagielka for sure.

Original post by Zerforax

soton are dons right now though.
they have great team chemistry, good form and most importantly they have belief.
do we have any of that? no.

Original post by Mackay
Moreno's the type of player who will make defensive mistakes, though. I think it's par for the course with the way he plays offensively.

Also, Rodgers needs to bolster his backroom staff just as much as the playing squad.

i agree.
i'm more concerned at how many mistakes our centre backs make.
they aren't bombing up and down the field like moreno yet they've still been as bad as or worse than him.

regarding backroom staff, that's bloody essential - more so than any player imo.
just sack whoever our current defensive coach is and bring in a former player like carragher.
towards the end of his career, carragher's lack of pace made him a liability but he still knew how to command the defence.
Anyone know how Origi is getting on?
is SUG still about btw?

If so, what does he call himself?
Reply 5432
Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy
Anyone know how Origi is getting on?

He's doing well, certainly better than our current strikers. Scored a beauty last night for Belgium with his weak foot too
Original post by Stirlo
He's doing well, certainly better than our current strikers. Scored a beauty last night for Belgium with his weak foot too

Why didn't we have a termination clause in that deal? We could really have done with a decent in-form striker in Sturridge's absence.
Original post by MJK91
Why didn't we have a termination clause in that deal? We could really have done with a decent in-form striker in Sturridge's absence.

The deal was that Liverpool can sign Origi provided that he gets loaned back to Lille for the whole season otherwise no loan no deal, don't think Lille would of agreed to a termination clause otherwise what would be point.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's mad to think that none of our backroom staff have any CL experience. That's atrocious. A far cry from the days when we had Ayestran, Herrero and latterly Sammy Lee and Clarke behind the scenes.
Original post by Zürich
is SUG still about btw?

If so, what does he call himself?

He's usually about from time to time, matchdays usually on a new pseudonym.

I just want some good feels from football again, ****kkk :frown: really hope Sturridge is bang on it like he was whenever coming back from injuries last year.
Original post by Deshi

I just want some good feels from football again, ****kkk :frown: really hope Sturridge is bang on it like he was whenever coming back from injuries last year.

Will be nice when I look forward to the matches again, rather than wondering how badly we're going to get battered this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dw I think you lot will make 2nd or 3rd place. Nothing lower than that.

Quick Reply

Latest